1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. klier

klier Member

I'd have to ask the dude driving ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Gianclaudio

Gianclaudio Well-Known Member

A very good point you raise, Mick. I find quite interesting how close the cargo space of Megane/Golf/308/Focus/etc states are compared to the Talisman/Passat/508/Mondeo states, specially considering how much longer the berline are, relative to their smaller hatchbacks of the same brand.
      Or in other words, the D segment states aren't as big as they should, Superb and E klass being the exception.
      The worse insulting is sadly the V90. So long and yet barely more cargo space to a 308 state.

• Mick Briesgau

Mick Briesgau Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go as far, by saying the D segment estates should be bigger @Gianclaudio. In this more expensive segment design aspects are important, leading to smaller trunks-cargo space than would be possible by only taking into account the size of the cars. The remarkable thing is, that the estates like Mégane and 308 are relatively large compared to their hatchback basis. I haven't checked it, but I think a new Mégane estate is as big as a Laguna estate from 1 or 2 generations ago.
      I think Peugeot started it with the much longer and bigger current 308 estate compared to it's hatchback brother.

• Gianclaudio

Indeed, the 308 estate even uses a longer wheelbase to the hatchback. I get the point you make about style, but the E klass looks and fantastic and yet has lots of cargo space.... Mercedes did their homework, seems the other manufacturers didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • tristatez28lt1

tristatez28lt1 Well-Known Member

I really like what Renault has been doing so far this year. Next year should be even better. :)

300ps +
        new record at the Nring

0abb0aaae3659d5b4cecf08d9c1ebe50.

• Like Like x 2
        • Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

^^
          They better make it available with a manual and cup chassis.

• rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

• Informative Informative x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Member

• TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Member

Vendredi 26 Mai 2017

• 06h Fermeture du circuit à la circulation
            • 08h - 08h45 Formula Renault 2.0 Series - Séance d’essais
            • 09h45 - 10h15 Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup - Essais qualiticatifs
            • 11h15 - 12h20 GP2 - Départ de la 1ère Course (42 tours ou 60 mn max)
            • 12h50 - 13h20 Révélation Renault Sport
            • 14h Ouverture du circuit à la circulation
            https://www.monacograndprixticket.com/formule1monaco/le-programme

• Like Like x 2
            • TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Member

RS

Renault-Megane-RS.

• Like Like x 2
              • tristatez28lt1

• Centurion

Fingers crossed Renault Sport deliver an amazing hot hatch with personality and great performance. The niche is growing and is more competitive than ever. Since the Clio Cup 200 and RS Megane, Renault have been behind the curve.

• rs271

• tristatez28lt1

New Renault Megane RS To Have Two Chassis Settings, 4-Wheel Steering

2018-renault-megane-rs-0.
                Renault have dropped more pieces of the new Megane RS puzzle, which will celebrate its world premiere at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
                ultimate track performance experience".

Moreover, the 2018 Renault Megane RS will also debut four-wheel steering in the competitive compact hot hatch segment. Called 4Control, the system will be controlled by an electromagnetic actuator, fitted on the rear axle, which will allow the car to reach new limits by stabilizing it during high-speed cornering.

Renaultsport continues to keep powertrain details close to its chest, but previous reports indicate that the new Megane RS is expected to use a 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine, which should produce around 300 horses. The output will be delivered to the front wheels through a 6-speed manual, or a double-clutch automatic transmission.

Enthusiasts should also expect a beefed up body kit, which will play a double role - making the hot hatch look more aggressive while also improving its aerodynamic properties. As for other features, you can wager on the usual sports suspension, limited-slip differential, bigger brakes, and some tweaks made to the cabin.

PHOTO GALLERY
                2018-renault-megane-rs-1. 2018-renault-megane-rs-2. 2018-renault-megane-rs-3. 2018-renault-megane-rs-4. 2018-renault-megane-rs-5. 2018-renault-megane-rs-6. 2018-renault-megane-rs-7. 2018-renault-megane-rs-8. 2018-renault-megane-rs-9. 2018-renault-megane-rs-10. 2018-renault-megane-rs-11.

• Like Like x 3
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Centurion

Amazing. This must be the first car below the 5er/Q7/7er to have 4 wheel steering. It will make the Megane RS a cracker for a rally car or Gymkhana beast.

• Agree Agree x 2
                  • Gianclaudio

Previous Renault Laguna and current Talisman (Espace I think, also) have 4 wheel steering, too.

• Informative Informative x 2
                    • Rolf

Rolf Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this car to be launched as knowing Renault Sport they normally create a benchmark drivers hatch with each new Megane launched. This one will probably be a little more refined but at the same time introduce new tech for this class. Imagine the agility this thing will have with RWS. Also the engine will get a much needed power boost to over 300 PS and it will be available with either manual or dual clutch transmissions which means it will cater for all kinds of enthusiasts. It will probably be lighter than the Golf R and Civic Type R as well and it probably could break the 7:40 barrier at the N-ring.

• rs271

• Like Like x 1
                      • Zafiro

Zafiro Well-Known Member