- Frankfurt. BMW Motorsport presented its new top-of-the-range model for the international GT racing scene at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt am Main: the BMW M8 GTE. Before the BMW 8 Series Coupé goes on sale, the race car will compete on the track next season, including in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC). It is with this series that BMW Motorsport will also make its return to the iconic 24 Hours of Le Mans (FRA). As such, the BMW M8 GTE will be associated with both innovative, cutting-edge technology and decades of motorsport tradition. At the IAA, the new car was on display in a BMW M Motorsport livery, designed especially for this occasion, providing a visual taste of things to come in 2018. It reflects the close relationship between the development of production vehicles and motorsport, and once again underlines the degree, to which BMW Motorsport and BMW M belong together.
- If you look into a rear-view mirror, you generally only see things that are behind you. However, a look back can also generate a vision of the future. That's certainly true of the thrilling Borgward Isabella Concept, which is celebrating its world premiere at this year's IAA in Frankfurt. The vehicle unites the brand's traditional virtues with the attributes of today's Borgward Group AG. Among the outstanding features of the Borgward Isabella Concept are its fascinating design, its revolutionary interior and operating concept, its digital connectivity, and the electrification of its drive train.
- After dropping the veils off the limited edition R8 V10 RWS last night, Audi has now presented the new generation RS4 Avant, at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. 2.9-liter TFSI biturbo V6 engine that makes 450PS (444hp) and 600Nm (443lb-ft) of torque, pushed to the Quattro all-wheel drive through a tweaked 8-speed automatic transmission, with optimized gear changing.
- Munich. Just a year on from the presentation of its future-focused NEXT 100 vision vehicles, the BMW Group is introducing the electric mobility of the much more immediate future at the IAA Cars 2017 show in Frankfurt. The BMW i Vision Dynamics is a four-door Gran Coupe with a range of 600 km (373 miles), a top speed of over 200 km/h (120 mph) and acceleration of 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in four seconds, and offers a look ahead to the e-mobility experience of the future with a new level of sporting elegance. “At the BMW Group, the future of electric mobility has already arrived,” says Harald Krüger, Chairman of the Board of Management at BMW AG. “We have more electrified vehicles on the road than any established competitor and are committed to expanding our activities in the field of electric mobility as part of our NUMBER ONE > NEXT strategy. By 2025 we will be offering 25 models with an electrified drive system – of which 12 will be pure-electric. With the BMW i Vision Dynamics we are showcasing how we envisage future electric mobility between the i3 and i8: a dynamic and progressive, four-door Gran Coupe. We are therefore electrifying the heart of the BMW brand and, at the same time, elevating BMW i into a totally new dimension.”
- Frankfurt/Affalterbach. The Mercedes-AMG Project ONE will celebrate its world première at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt/Main: for the first time, the two-seater supersports show car brings the very latest and efficient, fully-fledged Formula 1 hybrid technology from the race track to the road almost par for par to represent the highlight of AMG's 50th anniversary. This high-performance hybrid is said to produce over 1.000 hp and reach top speeds beyond 350 km/h. The show car combines outstanding race track performance and day-to-day suitable Formula 1 hybrid technology with exemplary efficiency. This is a world first. The overall responsibility for the realisation of Project ONE lies with Mercedes-AMG. The complex development work was carried out in close cooperation with the Formula 1 experts at Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains in Brixworth and with the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport team in Brackley. Together with the four-door AMG GT Concept, the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE provides another insight into the future performance-hybrid drive strategy of the sports car brand within Mercedes-Benz.
- Autobild reports:
- Base is the new GLE
- coming 2020
- going up against the RR Sport
- air suspension, three differentials and very good offroad capabilities giving truth to the name G
- most likely 7 seater
- 4, 6, 8 cylinder engines from Mercedes
- Plugin hybrid with 90kWh
- The MINI John Cooper Works GP Concept: Racing without compromise. MINI presents design study at the IAA Cars 2017.
Munich. The BMW Group has chosen the IAA Cars 2017 show in Frankfurt a. M. to present the modern racing essence of a MINI – in the shape of the MINI John Cooper Works GP Concept. Inspired by the carmaker’s legendary triumphs in the Monte Carlo Rally exactly 50 years ago, this design study embodies undiluted dynamic flair and the ultimate in driving fun – on both the race track and the road. The concept car picks up the baton from the 2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP and 2006 MINI Cooper S with John Cooper Works GP Kit. Produced in strictly limited numbers (2,000 examples each), these two models explored the outer limits of their performance capability at the time.
“The MINI John Cooper Works GP Concept is all about the unfettered feeling of driving and levels of performance found in motor sport...
- MINI presents pure-electric design study at the IAA: the MINI Electric Concept, complete with iconic design and urban driving fun.
MINI is using the IAA Cars 2017 show in Frankfurt am Main to showcase its take on future personal mobility in the city – in the form of the MINI Electric Concept. Designed for use in urban areas, this concept car offers a window into how pure-electric day-to-day mobility might look in the years ahead. And the MINI Electric Concept also brings the iconic design, city-dwelling heritage and customary go-kart feeling of the MINI brand into the electric mobility age. MINI will present an all-electric series-production model in 2019...
- Bentley Motors is today announcing full details of its new Bentley Continental GT, the definitive Grand Tourer.
Designed, engineered and handcrafted in Britain, the new third-generation Bentley Continental GT combines spirited, focused performance with handcrafted luxury and cutting-edge technology, to create the finest Grand Tourer ever produced.
Wolfgang Dürheimer, chairman and chief executive of Bentley Motors, said: "Bentley has been at the forefront of luxury Grand Touring for nearly one hundred years. The new, third-generation Continental GT is the pinnacle of our design and engineering achievements and marks the next step in Bentley's journey.
"We are the world leader in luxury mobility and our products and services define new luxury in the automotive world. The new Continental GT encapsulates our desire to innovate as well as celebrate our heritage and take the Bentley ownership experience to the next, unparalleled level."
At the heart of the new Continental GT sits an all-new, enhanced version of Bentley's renowned 6.0-litre, twin-turbocharged W12 TSI engine, mated, for the first time, to a dual-clutch eight-speed transmission, for faster, more efficient gear changes...
Page 1 of 25