- The Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet concept car looks very appropriate parked next to the open sea. Designers clearly looked to watercraft rather than cars for inspiration.
The long two-seater will be on display in at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in California on Sunday, with the crashing surf of the California coastline will be its backdrop.
With its long nose, tapering tail, sparkling blue paint and bright white and wood interior the Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet looks very much like a road-going sport yacht. The car is intended to show the “ultimate in luxury of the future,” according to Mercedes’ announcement.
The car is electrically powered, according to Mercedes, with a total output of 750 horsepower from four electric motors.
Although it has only two seats, the Cabriolet is 20 feet long. The batteries are in the floor...
- Happy 40th Birthday to the Porsche 928
Porsche is marking the 40th anniversary of the 928 this year, and it has big celebrations in store for the upcoming Oldtimer Grand Prix – one of Germany's preeminent classic car events, taking place at the Nürburgring in just a few days from now.
Though arguably not as iconic as the 911, the 928 remains a legend among Porschephiles. It was the company's last luxury grand tourer until the Panamera arrived, and is only growing in popularity among enthusiasts and collectors.
The model launched in 1977 as a 2+2 and represented the height of Zuffenhausen's transaxle models, with a V8 engine up front driving the rear wheels. That...
- From the moment Sir Henry Royce introduced the Rolls-Royce Phantom in 1925 it was judged ‘The Best Car in the World’ by the cognoscenti. As a result it has conveyed some of the world’s most influential and powerful men and women to the most defining historical moments over the last 92 years.
Every new Phantom that has subsequently appeared has successfully retained the title of ‘Best Car in the World’ as a result of Rolls-Royce’s tireless pursuit of perfection, visionary engineering, aesthetic acuity and deep understanding of what the world’s leading luxury item should be. Quite simply, Rolls-Royce has innovated for almost a century to set the benchmark and satisfy the most discerning luxury patrons.
A new benchmark will be set today as the New Phantom – the eighth generation of this great nameplate – arrives. Not satisfied with simply launching a motor car that is a wholly contemporary design interpretation of Phantom DNA and a technological tour de force, Rolls-Royce has revolutionised the luxury car industry itself by shifting away from the status quo of shared platforms to an entirely new luxury business model.
- A nice review of the S Class by AE, which they seam to like a lot, naturally..lets hope the S remains the creme de la creme when the new A8 arrives..
Mercedes S-Class 2017 facelift review
Just days after the Audi A8's arrival, Mercedes has revealed a facelifted S-Class stuffed with tech
Verdict: 5 STARS
The S-Class has always been the luxury limousine class leader with its ultimate blend of image, technology and refinement – and the raft of updates increases the big Benz’s appeal further. The added safety and autonomous features are clever and will filter down to other models in time. Whether the S-Class’s reign at the top of the tree will continue with the arrival of the Audi A8 whose suite of autonomy functions is in the next league will be interesting to see.
It seems a little too coincidental that no sooner has Audi...
- Daimler Will Recall 3 Million Diesel Cars Across Europe to Fix Emissions
- Voluntary measure extends existing recall to improve emissions
- Carmaker says upgrade will be done free of charge to customers
Daimler AG moved to head off a growing crisis over emissions concerns by voluntarily recalling more than 3 million Mercedes-Benz diesel vehicles in Europe, marking the latest blow to the technology since Volkswagen AG’s cheating scandal erupted nearly two years ago.
The carmaker will extend an ongoing upgrade of 250,000 compacts and vans to nearly every modern Mercedes diesel on the road. The plan, which involves a software patch and avoids complex component fixes, will cost about 220...
- 2018 Honda Accord gains efficiency and refinement, loses V6 and coupe
10th-generation Honda Accord revealed: Sleek new look echoes the Civic.
About a month ago, we were lucky enough to get a brief taste of the all-new 2018 Honda Accord in Japan. While that drive allowed us to sample the car's new powertrains, we had to wait until today to get the full lowdown on the car, which was just revealed. The 10th-gen Accord follows one of the most successful iterations of Honda's midsize sedan ever. The ground-up design packs new styling inside and out and controversially, drops the solid but aging V6 for a turbocharged inline four.
The overall shape is similar to that of the current Honda Civic. It looks longer, lower, and wider than the outgoing model with a steep fastback-style roof. A 2.16-inch longer wheelbase should provide some high-speed stability while giving back-seat passengers a bit more legroom. Shorter overhangs, often difficult...
- 2018 JAGUAR E-PACE: A COMPACT PERFORMANCE SUV WITH SPORTS CAR LOOKS
13 July 2017
The Jaguar E-PACE is a five-seat compact SUV that packs the design and performance of a Jaguar sports car into a practical and connected all-wheel-drive vehicle.
- All-new Jaguar nameplate offers sports car design and dynamics in a five-seat compact performance SUV
- Latest connectivity and practicality for busy families with streaming for up to eight devices via the optional 4G Wi-Fi hotspot (1)
- InControl Touch Pro™ infotainment system featuring 10-inch touchscreen connects customers to smartphone applications via InControl Apps function (2)
- Large 12.3-inch full color TFT driver display and Head-Up Display systems available for added driver convenience (3)
- Available Configurable Dynamics technology delivers Jaguar dynamics, allowing customers to personalize...
- Today is where the future begins in the luxury class: The new Audi A8 makes its world debut at the Audi Summit in Barcelona. In its fourth generation, the flagship model again provides the benchmark for Vorsprung durch Technik – with a new design language, an innovative touchscreen operating concept and a systematically electrified drive. The Audi A8 is also the first production automobile in the world to have been developed for highly automated driving. From 2018, Audi will gradually be taking piloted driving functions such as parking pilot, garage pilot and traffic jam pilot into production.
Doyen of style: the exterior design
The Audi A8 is stylistically defining – it signals the dawning of a new design era for the entire brand. The front end with the wide, upright Singleframe grille and the fluid, muscular body symbolize sporty elegance, sophistication and progressive status. The new A8 delivers on the promise made by the Audi prologue...
Page 1 of 24