- Messages
- 41,112
- Name
- Marcus
NevadaJack said:Read the letter and look at the list of affected options at the bottom...now do you agree there is a problem and someone screwed up? Read the shifting of orders from April to August in some cases. Some people placed their names on waiting lists early last year, they placed their orders on opening day and some may not get their cars until Fall...that is a lot longer than 6 Weeks...how about over a year!
It is not a case of whether they need a new car or not...MB announced the car, priced the options and took orders with the standard 6 weeks delivery. Do you feel that unless a buyer "needs" a new car he should be obliged to bow to the manufacturers timeframe, regardless of how long it is? I exercised my option and said NO WAY MB. More may do the same...if not they will never send the message.
Ok, I've read the letter again. To me it is saying that so many people have ordered maxed out S-Classes that they aren't taking any more orders for fully loaded cars? Yes this is a problem for those walking into the dealer now or who ordered after the cutoff date, but aren't the buyers who ordered before the cutoff date still going to get their cars in May/June instead of March/April? It is also saying that Netstar will be updated this coming Thursday, the 2nd of March. It looks the jury is still out until March 2nd, to my understanding of that letter? Though I'd be curious to know what caused this since the car has been in production since like August for Europe.
The letter:
M