Latest BMW Trademark Filings

Discussion in 'New BMW Models / Vehicles' started by Just_me, Sep 25, 2007.

1. PanterroR

PanterroR Well-Known Member

:rofl: Good one...(y)

:t-cheers:
  2. aleks_16

aleks_16 Active Member

Mabye i´m wrong but i think in the near future will nothing special come from BMW . The normal line-up 3er, 5er, 6er will be amazing but there will be no Z8 replacement and the Cs Concept will not be build maybe the 6er GT willlook smiliar to that but the 6er Gt comes in 5 or 6 years.one more time,maybe i am wrong but there is really nothing "special" (forme is a 8 series a special thing).
    A supercar BMW dont need whats with a green sportscar maybe a 4 series or 9 series ????:t-hands::t-hands::t-hands:.
    What do you think???
  3. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

New ones ...

COUNTRYMAN

MINI SAV?

:t-hands:

ActiveE

Similar to ActiveHybrid, this time for full-electric cars, I guess.
  4. EnI

Some new (re)registrations, and the ones not being posted here yet:

Active Tourer, 2er Active Tourer, 2 series Active Tourer

Gran Tourer

Urbanic

Compactive, Compactive Tourer

E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9

i1, i2, i3, i4, i5, i6, i7, i8, i9

X2, X4

M1, M2, M7, M10
    M35, M40, M55, M300, M350, M400, M500
    M130, M135, M140, M230, M235, M240, M330, M335, M340, M430, M435, M440, M450, M550, M650, M750
    M50d

Z8

GC, Gran Coupe, BMW Gran Coupe, 6er Gran Coupe

SportMode, CoolMode, Air Collar, BMW Turbotec, Drive eCharged, LifeDrive, i Pedelec

Corniche, Shadow, Wraith, Cloud, Dawn

Rocketman, Paceman, Clubvan
  5. Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Most of these are presumably just for IP protection for potential or future products, though I'm not sure Intel would approve of the use of i7.
  6. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

Often a company can use nomenclature already in use with a different company if it's in a completely different sector of industry. So cars and computers would not be an issue.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. EnI

There are different classes for the trademarks. So trademarks with identical names CAN exist in different classes: eg. "i7" - one in class specific for motor vehicles & the other in class dedicated to IT/electronics.

Btw ...

I'm most intrigued by all those Tourers ... Gran Tourer, Compactive Tourer ... and mostly 2 series Active Tourer.

I didn't expect any tourer with 2er badge. So, what is it? A sporty 5dr fastback coupe ala Audi A5 Sportback? But then GranCoupe would be a better badge - indicating a 4dr/5dr coupe.

Or is 2er Active Tourer a crossover - the already mentioned "FAST"?
    But such car makes no sense for a 2-Series - which will be BMW's compact RWD sports series (coupe, cabrio, perhaps 4dr coupe or 5dr fastback). FAST only makes sense if based on FWD platform - like 1er CAT, future X1 & X2 - but 2er will be RWD (it will become entry RWD BMW - just like 2002-series in the past).

Ok, compact & active Compactive Tourer (CAT) is the 1er FWD minivan (B-class rival) BMW have already been testing on the roads. That's already set in stone.

What about Gran Tourer? Is that a 3er GT? Since 5er GT is Gran Turismo (sounds more upscale & special than tourer).
  8. hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

M35 and M40...doesn't Nissan/Infiniti have those trademarked?

I am curious about "i Pedelec." I take it that the Wraith is reserved for the upcoming Ghost-based coupe/drophead?
  9. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

The Active Tourer is BMW perfecting its niche-busting ideas , it is based on the RWD 2er but also with optional xDrive.
    It is a variation on a Touring and a Sporthatch , think along the idea of a Hyundai Veloster but not an exact facsimile in terms of shape but (in design study so far) it shows a similar trait with only one rear door.
    The original BMW 1600/2002 Touring shows some indication of what the designers are trying to achieve.
    They are also working on a four door Coupe variant of the 2er Coupe.

The FAST (Family Activity Sports Tourer) is a mix of an MPV (Space) , Touring (Flexibility) and SUV (Solidity).
    This is based on the FWD and with optional xDrive.
  10. K-A

K-A Banned

It should be a crime to dignity to acronym "Family Activity Sports Tourer" with "FAST".

Really a next level low.
  11. HighestOfHigh

HighestOfHigh Global Moderator Staff Member Contributing Member

A Search Of BMW Trademark Filings Reveals M7 And M10 Names

- http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...demarks-filed-by-bmw-reveals-m7-and-m10-names
    • Like Like x 1
  12. hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

hmmmm......

interesting?

Price seems a little too dear. I think if BMW lopped off the price by $1-2K, there'll be more takers and BMW can make up on that on volume. But what do I know business...
  13. EnI

Some latest ones:

BMW Gran Tourer
    2er Gran Tourer
    2er Grand Tourer

(Let me remind you BMW have also filed for registration of the following trademarks as well: Active Tourer, 2er Active Tourer, 2 series Active Tourer).

So, what kind of animal will this 2er Active / Grand / Gran Tourer be?????? :confused:
    A 5dr shooting brake (analog to upcoming 6er Gran Touring), or an elevated 5dr fastback analog to other BMW GT models (3er, 5er)?
  14. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

I have no interest in these xy-tourers, but who cares I'm a minority. I'm waiting for M2 CSL trademark filing.
  15. klier

klier Member Premium Member

Either way, it will not be an animal.... 2er coupe would/could be though..
  16. -=Hot|Ice=-

-=Hot|Ice=- Well-Known Member

When did this happen? The 5 looks like the 7 and the 3 looks like the 7 and the 5.
  17. K-A

K-A Banned

BmarketingW, is what explains that "statement". :D

Bimmer Sedans right now are the most homogenous of any manufacturer, maybe even more-so than Audi (maybe not, Audi still wear that crown, but BMW are doing their damnedest to get close).
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

Unlike most, I still prefer Bangle era of BMW, and think it was the second best one after E46, E39, E38 and E53. E65 was completely different compared to the rest of the line up, but in design and parts. 5 and Series Series shared their common parts, 1 and 3 Series their own and so on. Now BMW really is like Audi. Not bad, but to what extent?
  19. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

Current generation of bimmers are the best ever. As long as they look good, family resemblance isn't a problem.
    F30 is easily to spot the differences from 5 and 7er. 1-series, Z4, X1, X3 doesnt look like any other BMW at all.
  20. EnI

What has triggered the change? The global recession, maybe? Forcing carmakers to shrink R&D & production costs and thus develop modular solutions - which leads to extensive part sharing - which leads to similar looks in the end.

Apple, maybe? A premium brand with we-look-all-the-same-but-of-different-size products ... Which turned the trend towards ultrastrong unified brand look / design again. Especially in the premium market.

In the hindsight it looks like Audi was had the right strategy at the right time, while BMW just steered away from the right design strategy (the strategy that once was one of the brand's main characteristics).

But such turns in trends (global recession; a brand from different product segment affecting & setting the design trend for the whole industrial design field ...) are impossible to predict. Sometimes you just have to be lucky. Audi was, and BMW wasn't. But if ...

I'm sure without global recession & without Apple playing such significant role in industrial design, BMW would continue to follow strategy from Bangle era.

But now the whole industrial design is Apple-ized, which also allows modular solutions (due to same-looke-different-size strategy), and thus lower R&D & production costs.

I personally am more of a fan of individualized, customized design across the product line ... Not a fan of unified look at all. I miss Bangle era, but I have to live in this unified "Borg world". I'm not alone though. I can only hope for the trends to turn again. If ever ...
    • Like Like x 1