- 2017 Peugeot 3008 officially debuts as compact crossover
Peugeot has taken the wraps of the second-gen 3008 which has been reinterpreted as a proper compact crossover.
Following yesterday’s quite revealing teaser, the 3008 is here and it represents a significant departure compared to the model it is about to replace. Now a proper C-segment crossover, the overhauled 3008 from Peugeot rides on PSA’s EMP2 platform which has shaved off as much as 220 pounds (100 kilograms), despite being eight centimeters longer. Width and height have remained just about the same, but there’s now a more generous ground clearance of 22 cm to better tackle uneven roads as you would expect from what Peugeot describes as being an “advanced SUV.”
The styling was previewed back in October 2014 at the Paris Motor Show with the...
- BMW made headlines with its 2002 Hommage Concept yesterday, at the Concorso d’Eleganza in Laka Como, Italy. There are many fans claiming it to be simply stunning, myself included, and there are also many fans claiming it to be hideous. But, either way, one this is certain and it’s that the 2002 Hommage Concept is surely polarizing, for better or worse.
But the 2002 Hommage Concept isn’t the only “Hommage” concept car BMW has made recently. In fact, within the past five years or so, BMW has released a few of these Hommage concepts, which are concept cars that pay homage to a classic car in BMW’s past. This latest 2002 Hommage pays tribute to the classic BMW 2002 Turbo, the very first European production car to be...
- The press website of the BMW Group officially informs that the images and videos of the Concorso D`Eleganza Villa D´Este 2016 will be uploaded during the weekend on the BMW Group Classic media server...
- Jaguar E-Pace early mule scooped at the 'Ring
The expansion of Jaguar's SUV family, which started with the F-Pace, will continue with a smaller vehicle.
Currently dubbed E-Pace (name not confirmed), the upcoming crossover will sit below the recently launched F-Pace.
Since prototypes continue to use the Range Rover Evoque body, we assume it's still in early stages of development.
Like with the F-Pace, initial testing is conducted with Land Rover-based mules, but despite trying to cover it up as best as they could, the wider tracks and slightly longer wheelbase of this Evoque are visible.
- The sound: inimitable five-cylinder. The performance: tremendous at 294 kW (400 hp). The traction: inexhaustible thanks to quattro drive. As the sporty spearhead of the TT series, the new TT RS* is to be marketed under the Audi Sport label. At the Beijing Motor Show, Audi is presenting its Coupé and its Roadster for the first time to the world’s public. Sales in Europe will begin in fall 2016.
“The new aluminum five-cylinder engine delivers 400 hp, which is 60 hp more than its predecessor,” says Dr.-Ing. Stefan Knirsch, Audi Board Member for Technical Development. “Together with the quattro drive, it ensures sporty driving pleasure with maximum traction. Audi uses Matrix OLED technology in the...
- I have always been a huge fan of the Maybach 57, being intrigued by it's almost mystical presence, it has a certain majestically understated quality about it combined with timeless elegance, which any other super-luxurious car like (look at me, ostentatious type) RR etc IMO cannot match.
Now that the cars have been dead and buried for quite some time now, I have been thinking of producing some sort of article outlining the importance the Maybach 57 had on the future of MB design, most of the details are still being used on todays MB cars. Therefore I have compiled a series of pics front, side and back outlining specific areas I think it has given to the MB design world...
- The successful model from Audi is now even more attractive: The Audi A3 approaches the starting line with new driver assistance systems and engines as well as newly designed headlights and taillights. Also new on board is the innovative operating and display concept, Audi virtual cockpit. The new A3 is available in a three-door version and as a Sportback, a sedan and a Cabriolet. The sporty Audi S3 version comes with numerous innovations and has even further enhanced its dynamic potential. The A3 series offers the most versatile line of drive systems in the compact segment with the Audi A3 Sportback e-tron and the Audi A3 Sportback g-tron...
- The new model year brings an extra 7 horsepower (5 kilowatts) and 15 pound-feet (20 newton meters) of torque for the massive biturbo 6.0-liter W12 engine now delivering a grand total of 642 hp and 620 lb-ft (840 Nm). Bentley’s engineers have optimized the boost control to make sure the additional torque is applied through the entire rev range and now the peak torque is available from 2,000 rpm to 5,000 rpm.
Thanks to the extra punch, the Continental GT Speed will now run the sprint from 0 to 60 mph (96 kph) in 3.9 seconds (0-62 mph / 0-100 kph takes 4.1s) before topping out at 206 mph (331 kph). Compared to the previous version, the model is 0.1s quicker in both sprints and has the same top speed as before.
Along with the new model year, Bentley is also introducing a Black Edition of the Continental GT Speed available for both coupe and convertible body styles. Available with a wide variety of colors, the...
- Autobild reports that Porsche has given green light to a smaller Macan to be the sport benchmark in the segment of compact crossovers.
- Front is supposed to look more like a 911 than any other non 911 model
- Two door variant is being discussed
- Possible platform sharing with Q2
- As a name it could be called "Majun"
- The Nissan GT-R has been facelifted for the 2017 model year. It features new styling, an upgraded cabin and an even more powerful V6 engine. It's on display at the New York motor show, and will go on sale in the UK later this year.
The upgraded GT-R features a new interpretation of Nissan’s ‘V-motion' front grille, along with a reinforced bonnet and new bumper design, said to give the car more downforce. The metallic orange paint of the show car is new, too.
Along the sides, the sills have been widened to improve air flow, while the rear gets a reprofiled bumper to sit alongside its quad exhaust tips. Nissan says these changes are designed to make the GT-R more aerodynamically efficient, and help to keep the car stable at high speeds...
- The new Audi R8 Spyder is finally uncovered via official channels because unofficially we got the chance to see it in full a lot earlier.
naturally aspirated V10 engine, 0-62mph in 3.6 seconds, and a top speed of 198mph (318km/h).
Audi went for a lightweight cloth top, just like the previous model, which needs 20 seconds to open and close in speeds of up to 31mph (50km/h). The rear window is individually retractable, meaning that it can be lowered, even with the roof up.
“With its spontaneous throttle response, quick revving-up and inimitable sound, the 5.2 FSI naturally aspirated engine in the new Audi R8 Spyder delivers undiluted emotion,” remarked Dr.-Ing. Stefan Knirsch, Member of the Board of Management for Technical Development. “Compared to the R8 Coupé, the engine...
- Designed to "excel at everything," the model has an aggressive appearance as it features a “flow-tie” grille, a larger front splitter, and all-new hood with a heat extractor. The sports car has also been equipped with wider front fenders, aggressive side skirts, and a prominent rear wing. Last but not least, the Camaro ZL1 has unique 20-inch forged aluminum wheels with special Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires that were developed specifically for the model.
Interior changes are fairly limited but designers installed Recaro sport seats, a flat-bottom steering wheel, and a special shifter with suede upholstery. Drivers will also find red contrast stitching and plenty of ZL1 badging.
Power is provided by a supercharged 6.2-liter LT4 V8 engine that produces an estimated 640 horsepower and 640 lb-ft of...
- Stuttgart. The sporty, expressive design of the CLA is now further honed in a facelift involving new front and rear bumpers as well as new light-alloy wheel designs. The interior also benefits from numerous enhancements, among them new seat covers and trim parts, as well as chrome-plated controls. LED High Performance headlamps, HANDS-FREE ACCESS and further possibilities for integrating smartphones into the control system are all options that serve to enhance safety and comfort. The addition of Active Brake Assist as a standard feature further strengthens the CLA's credentials as a leader in its class, as does HANDS-FREE ACCESS as an optional convenience feature. The Mercedes-AMG CLA45 now features even more dynamic styling and a further upgraded interior. With a peak performance of 375 hp and maximum torque of 350 lb-ft, it is amongst the most powerful...
- Porsche engineers have been spotted while testing the GT2 version of the current 911.
Our friends at CarPix have provided us with the first spy shots of the prototype of the 991 generation of the Porsche 911 GT2. The car did not feature any camouflage, and we expect it to come to market next year.
You can tell that there’s something different with this prototype just by looking at the oversized exhaust pipes.
The model is based on the 911 Turbo with the optional aerodynamic kit, but it stands out with its black hood and massive exhaust pipes. Usually, Porsche’s 911 Turbo has four square exhaust tips, but this prototype has two pairs of round tips for the exhaust.
Which means that the engineers had to make some space for the new exhaust system, so the rear bumper has been cut to accommodate the new parts.
Since these are the first spy shots of the mule, we expect Porsche to test more prototypes of this car in the coming months. Those...
Page 1 of 24