- Tucked away in Daimler's half-year results document is a roadmap revealing some interesting things.
There was a rumor almost a year ago about a possible GLA Coupe due in 2019 based on the next generation of Mercedes’ smallest crossover. It turns out the gossip was partially true since the model is actually coming, but a lot sooner than originally believed. It will be out next year according to a 2017 roadmap published by Daimler this week part of a document talking about the company’s performances in the first half of the year.
The PDF also reveals the Nissan Navara-based pickup truck believed to be called “GLT” is also slated for a 2017 launch when Mercedes will introduce an assortment of new models. These include the Audi A6 allroad-rivaling...
- Next-gen Alpina B5 is already testing under future 5 Series
The lighter platform could provide even better performance from the current powertrains.
The tuning firm Alpina and BMW have a very close relationship, and the two companies are so cozy they even share pre-release vehicles. New spy shots show Alpina’s work developing the next-gen 5 Series into the future B5.
Compared to previously spied examples of the future 5 Series, the Alpina wears a slightly different front fascia. The dual exhausts at each corner in the back appear to be a new design, too. Otherwise, this sedan and wagon are similar to the ones BMW is testing. Buyers can eventually expect to see the tuning firm's famous multi-spoke wheels and iconic stripes down the...
- The BMW Group and BMW Brilliance Automotive Ltd. (BBA) will further explore the premium compact segment in China with the BMW 1 Series Sedan – the first compact sports sedan under the BMW brand. This makes BBA's product range in the compact class even more comprehensive with premium entry-level cars covering segments of the Active Tourer, Sports Activity Vehicle, and Sports Sedan, attracting new customer groups to become premium car owners. The premium compact car segment is the fastest growing segment worldwide and in China.
- 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe Facelift caught testing for the first time
The mid-cycle facelift for the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe looks like it will arrive a bit sooner than the customary “four years after model introduction,” especially since our spies have already caught a Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe that is all taped up to conceal its new design features.
Fret not, though, because the look of the model will be changed in a pretty modest manner, to say the least, with most of the nips and tucks taking place on the front and rear bumpers.
The front bumper will probably suffer the most under the knife, with the AMG-specific A-shaped front apron to be slightly restyled. Strangely enough, it seems that the engine grille could also be slightly restyled since engineers apparently went through all the trouble of camouflaging it.
Since this pre-production prototype is an AMG model, the biggest news is expected to be found under the hood, where the twin-turbocharged,...
- Aston Martin and Red Bull Racing revealed their ground-breaking hypercar; codenamed AM-RB 001.
The product of a unique Innovation Partnership between the British luxury brand and eminent F1TM team, this ambitious, uncompromising and wholly extraordinary collaboration combines the vision and skills of two world-leading brands to create a road car the like of which has never been seen before.
The three men charged with realising this shared vision are Adrian Newey, Red Bull Racing's Chief Technical Officer and the world's most successful F1TM designer, Marek Reichman, Aston Martin EVP and Chief Creative Officer and David King, VP and Chief Special Operations Officer. Together they spearhead a formidable alliance. One that combines more than a hundred years of specialism - both with heritage, making some of the world's most beautiful and charismatic GT cars, and with technological brilliance and relentless pursuit of speed and efficiency that has seen Red Bull Racing excel in the ferociously competitive world of Formula One...
- Renault took the wraps off Renault Alaskan, a one-tonne pick-up that takes a completely fresh approach to the pickup segment, including a stunning look that incorporates an imposing front-end. Both robust and comfortable, Alaskan delivers exceptional driving comfort enhanced with a cutting edge five-link rear suspension and a tough, fully boxed frame. Alaskan is a powerful, ingeniously designed vehicle that combines outstanding offroad ability and best-in-class fuel economy with the Renault 2.3-litre dCi engine under the bonnet. In addition to meeting the needs of professional customers, it is the perfect companion for leisure use and everyday motoring. Moreover, thanks to its LCV expertise, Renault provides a wide range of services, conversions and accessories to fulfil the broad diversity of customers' needs...
- Citroen C3 uncovered with quirky cactus design
The new hatchback is heavily inspired by the C4 Cactus.
The first pictures of the 2017 Citroen C3 have leaked to the web ahead of its official debut on June 29th.
Posted by Cocoric Auto, the images reveal the model is heavily inspired by the C4 Cactus as it features a familiar front fascia and Air Bumps on the doors. The hatchback also boasts plastic body cladding, a contrasting roof, and a tailgate-mounted spoiler.
Detailed specifications will likely be released tomorrow but initial reports are indicating the car measures 13.09 feet (3.99)...
- The new Porsche Panamera reconciles two contrasting characteristics more than ever before: the performance of a genuine sports car and the comfort of a luxury saloon. It is a Gran Turismo that has been rethought and realigned. The second generation of the Panamera is advancing to become a performance icon of the luxury class.
In this transformation, Porsche has systematically improved the Panamera concept - with a four-door car that has been redeveloped and redesigned down to the last detail. Its engines and transmissions have been redesigned, its chassis perfected, and its display and control concept reinterpreted for the future. The new Panamera also extends the borders between the world of ambitious sports cars and the world of comfortable cruising cars with highlights such as rear axle steering, active roll compensation and three-chamber air suspension.
911 design language with a much more dynamic flyline
Visually, the unique concept of this large Porsche is reflected in a new expressive design: unmistakably a Panamera, unmistakably a sports car - with long, dynamic proportions, pronounced shoulders, athletic flanks and an extremely fast roof line that is 20 mm lower at the rear. This typical Porsche flyline creates a stylistic link to Porsche's design icon, the 911...
- Affalterbach. From the world's most demanding racetrack directly onto the road:
Never before has Mercedes-AMG packed so much motorsport technology into a production vehicle than into the new AMG GT R. The front-mid-engine concept with transaxle, the V8 Biturbo engine rated at 430 kW/585 hp, the extensively modified suspension, the new...
- Automobili Lamborghini presented the Aventador Miura Homage, a special edition of the current Aventador coupe that pays tribute to the Miura, the forerunner of all V12 Lamborghini super sports cars in its 50th anniversary year. Just 50 units of the car will be produced, the majority of which have already been sold, available in selected markets worldwide.
Created by Lamborghini's Ad Personam studio, the Aventador Miura Homage reflects the colors and specifications of original Miura models. The upper body in one color is complemented by the lower body and sill in a contrasting tone. The original Miura was produced in a plethora of color and trims, often to the particular specification of a client, with six of the most iconic solid and metallic colorways selected for the Aventador Miura Homage including Rosso Arancio Miura (solid color); Verde Scandal (solid); and Blu Tahiti (metallic).
The Aventador exterior's homage...
- THE VISION.
At a point in time when the world’s design studios are envisaging solutions to mobility questions posed by ever cleverer technologies, the Rolls-Royce Vision Vehicle provides a brief glimpse into a fast-arriving luxury future. Art and beauty can work with science in defining a truly luxurious Rolls-Royce tailored to… your every desire.
#1 Effortless Journey.
As a logical continuation of its own core values, the Rolls-Royce VISION NEXT 100 is a driverless car, but not a chauffeur-less one. In the long tradition of the best chauffeurs in the world, this ‘digital chauffeur’ discreetly fades from view whilst continuing to monitor and inhabit every aspect of the vehicle and...
- With the motto “Every MINI is my MINI” – the idea of sharing rather than owning – the MINI of the future no longer waits all day for its owner, but is always on the move as a mobility partner for a MINI community. However, there will still be plenty of people who want to purchase a MINI exclusively for themselves. The MINI VISION NEXT 100 harnesses its intelligence to tailor the mobility experience to the differing needs of each and every customer...
- After three and a half years of unprecedented success in the international markets, the Maserati Quattroporte has undergone a substantial restyling that accentuates its elegance without altering its signature Maserati personality.
The restyled Maserati Quattroporte, representing the quintessence of Italian sport saloons, will be available from June 2016 and is destined to continue a success story that started in 2013. Since its initial launch, the iconic Maserati flagship model has been delivered to over 24,000 customers in 72 countries.
The exterior of the restyled Quattroporte is recognisable with a new bumper design with matte black profile at the front and the matte black extractor at the rear. The front grille is more pointed and imposing, and it introduces new vertical chrome elements that contrast with the deepness of the shark nose effect. Other distinguishing details of the new Quattroporte are the matte black side skirts and the exterior mirrors, which have been slightly restyled to incorporate new technical elements...
- Twenty-six years after the launch of the original Clio, a model that has sold 13 million units worldwide, Renault has renewed its best-seller with the introduction of the new Renault Clio.
The new Renault Clio packs even more seductive appeal thanks to its lighting signature and full-LED Pure Vision head lights, as well as the incorporation of new styling details and finishes.
The new Clio delivers one of the market's most extensive powertrain line-ups.
- Range Rover Sport Coupe spied for the first time
Designed to battle the BMW X6 and Mercedes GLE Coupe.
Spy photographers have snapped the first photos of what is being billed as the Range Rover Sport Coupe.
Caught undergoing testing in Scotland, the highly camouflaged model will reportedly be positioned as a sportier alternative to the Range Rover Sport. The crossover is also slated to battle the BMW X6 and the Mercedes GLE Coupe.
Little is known about the model but the pictures show it has a familiar front fascia, a rakish windscreen, and a relatively low roof. The crossover also has a slender greenhouse and a sporty rear end with a dual exhaust system.
Our spies couldn't get close enough to snap interior photos but the model is expected to...
Page 1 of 7