- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain: Versatility and intelligence in a striking outfit
Stuttgart. From unpaved tracks to rock climbing or steep serpentine roads to a snow-bound ski lodge – the new E‑Class All‑T errain takes routes where conventional estates often have to give up effortlessly in its stride thanks to greater ground clearance with large wheels and 4MATIC all-wheel drive as a standard feature. And it also cuts a fine figure thanks to its striking look with powerful flared wheel arches and SUV radiator grille. The E‑Class All‑Terrain will...
- Volvo Cars has unveiled the new Volvo V90 Cross Country, completing its 90 Series line-up.
Since the introduction of the first Cross Country almost 20 years ago, Volvo Cars has become synonymous with the rugged all-road, all-weather product category, with a growing stable of Cross Country models.
Volvo Cars' Cross Country models fulfil an increasingly important part of the Swedish automaker's product portfolio as luxury car buyers seek out a more experienced-based lifestyle that occasionally takes them off the beaten track.
"The V90 Cross Country takes the elegance of the V90 and transforms it into an all-road car that delivers safety, comfort and performance in a capable and adventurous package," said Håkan Samuelsson, President & CEO, Volvo Car Group.
With some of the harshest winters on the planet and over 77 per cent of the country covered in forest and lakes, Sweden is the natural place to develop and test extreme durability and all-weather capable cars. This hard-won expertise represents a large part of Volvo Cars' heritage, reflected in the company's Cross Country model line-up...
- The new Mercedes-Benz E-Class All Terrain (X 213) gets confirmed along with the new Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupe, the new smart fortwo electric and, for the very first time, the new smart forfour electric drive. The Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 showcar will be another attraction of the Mercedes-Benz stand at Paris. No word on a possible electric concept car to preview the future EQ models.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Stuttgart/Paris, Germany/France, Sep 15, 2016 - The attendance of this year's Paris Motor Show by Mercedes-Benz Cars is characterised by change, both digitally and electrically: celebrating their world premieres in Hall 5.2 will be the electric drive versions of the new smart fortwo, the smart fortwo cabrio and, for the first time, the smart forfour. A Mercedes-Benz show car embodying a concrete vision of a totally new generation of vehicles with battery-electric drive will also have its world premiere. A new member of the E-Class...
- Mercedes-AMG is blowing even more fresh air into the AMG GT family. Shortly after the world premiere of the AMG GT R, the sports car and performance brand from Affalterbach is presenting two exciting roadster variants of the two-seater sports car. Alongside the AMG GT Roadster, the AMG GT C Roadster enhances the portfolio with a completely new model variant. With an output of 410 kW (557 hp) and peak torque of 680 Nm, the AMG GT C is the most powerful new Roadster variant and uses some of the technical refinements of the AMG GT R. These include active rear axle steering and the electronically controlled rear axle locking differential. In combination with the AMG RIDE CONTROL sport suspension, the AMG GT C Roadster guarantees dynamic performance at the very highest level. The top Roadster also takes its lead from the top AMG GT R sports car where muscular proportions are concerned: the wider rear wings create space for a wider track and wider wheels at the rear axle, allowing even higher cornering speeds and excellent traction. The variable performance exhaust system also ensures an authentic V8 sound from the AMG...
- Autobild reports:
- Keep V12 6.3L
- Definitely no Turbo
- Design: more Dynamism, more racetrack flair, more sports car genes
- Smaller dimensions and lighter
- The go-fast machine has been spotted in the South of Spain and we'll tip our lens to McLaren Life forum user Peloton25 for these revealing images.
Frank Stephenson, the British automaker's design director, has already let it slip that the upcoming model would "raise eyebrows" and come up with design solutions that would make other companies wonder why they had missed out on such innovations.
The styling details
While we're obviously not dealing with the final design here, there are a few important bits we need to focus on. As you can see, the P14 appears to be squinting, with the sharper "eyes" being here thanks to LED technology advances that allow for superior light density. Thus, Woking was able to integrate aerodynamic solutions within the headlight assembly, while delivering a super-sleek design...
- Toyota Supra makes long-awaited spy photo debut
Looks smaller than BMW's future Z5 roadster.
The waiting is over – we have the first batch of spy photos of the upcoming new Toyota Supra. The flagship sports car for the Japanese company is expected to arrive on the market in 2018 with a possible debut next year.
So far we’ve been dealing mostly with rumors about the new Supra, but finally there’s a prototype on the road performing preliminary tests. The photographed vehicle wears plenty of camouflage, so it’s a bit difficult to figure out more of the design details, but at least we can take a look at the overall shape of the coupe.
Comparing it with BMW’s side of the...
- Fully Revealed: Meet Skoda's All-New Kodiaq 7-Seater SUV
Skoda has officially unveiled their all-new Kodiaq during a media event in Germany, with plenty of journalists and guests present on location at Kraftwork Berlin.
Aside from being Skoda's first-ever large SUV, the Kodiaq, according to the Czech automaker, also comes with the segment's largest boot, helped in part by the car's generous overall dimensions of 4.70 meters (15.41 ft) in length. Its wheelbase measures 2,791 mm (109.8 inches).
The best-in-class boot measures from 720 liters (25.4 cu.ft) to 2,065 liters (72.9 cu.ft), and if the optional folding passenger seat is chosen, the Kodiaq can transport items up to 2.80 meters (9.1 feet) long.
The exterior design features a highly recessed shoulder line, a wide three-dimensional radiator grille, narrow headlights and plenty of highly contoured surfaces....
Page 1 of 16