1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

Featured SPIED! 2015 BMW 7er Spy Pics & Info

Discussion in '7 Series' started by tristatez28lt1, May 1, 2012.

1. bmwownage

bmwownage Active Member

THe correct way of doing it is the E38 7er, classy, low and imposing, not via huge lights or a huge grille, but just the classiness. Being a fellow Kiwi i don't wana go too far, but talk about imposing, whats more imposing than a full size truck? some of them do scare the hell out of you at night in the mirrors.
    By the way though, having seen the new C class in person, to me it's just another good looking new car, there is nothing imposing or special about it, a cute version of the S class. I thought it would look a lot fresher than the F30, but not really. Of course the F30 itself has a lot of room for improvement but by no means is the C class far better. Interior of the C is classier though, i reckon.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. klier

klier Member

Sssshhhh, what are you saying? Didn't you get the memo? The new C class completely kills the segment. Game over BMW, nice try!

Now, where is my golden Rolex? I want to feel as classy as the C class interior damnit!

For testing I guess, but to be honest I am not seeing the 2nd screen there?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member

I'm lucky that I'm not the only one who don't see the second screen.
  4. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Question?
    If you look at this picture you can see the hump in the dash covered by material disguise.
    image.
    The dashboard of the Vision Future Luxury is the clearest impression of the new 7er. Although there is actual proper air vents and the console is lower. You can actually picture the interior by adding the vents which in turn lowers the console.
    image.
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. klier

klier Member

God, that VFL interior is so unbelievable pretty and high tech. Just sick.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. SCOTT27

7. Jimmy

Jimmy Active Member

There has been some chatter regarding the differentiation between the upcoming SWB and LWB models (other than the wheelbase, of course). Some pundits maintain that the LWB version will feature a chrome strip along the crease of the (quite high) shoulder line. A bit like that seen on the 1963 Lincoln Continental. And in the various spy shots, it appears that the greenhouse is far lower and more rakish on the SWB model.
  8. montana

montana Active Member

Near St. Tropez image. image.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. klier

klier Member

Can't wait to see it with anlittle it less camo.
  10. Rolf

Rolf Active Member

With the camo on it is still looking like the E65 7-series!!! Can't wait for them to start peeling off the artificial lights and other stick on tape and then we can see the real deal!!!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. SCOTT27

The image BMW intend to portray with the Li is something on a par with how they position the RR Ghost alongside the Ghost EWB. There will be more Chrome bright work detailing on the exterior and extra features on the Li especially within the rear passenger compartment to take advantage of space on offer.
    The best thing is that the camouflage is really disguising this car very well , underneath fake panels lie strong sculptured three dimensional surfaces and a sense of athleticism from the roofline , front and rear overhangs and design elements that signifies the lightweight advantages within this car.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member

2016 BMW 7 Series Interior Spied for the First Time

BMW is working hard at developing and putting into production the upcoming version of the 7 Series, codenamed internally G11/G12. Fortunately for us, our spy photographers are also working hard at catching every possible detail about it before it is officially unveiled and today, we’re pleased to show you the first shots of the interior.

After meeting the Vision Future Luxury concept and seeing what BMW is planning to use on the upcoming models, we are actually hoping to see a new interior design on the 2016 flagship, one that would set the tone for the next decade and bring a touch of the 21st century as well.

It’s no secret that BMW is currently lagging behind its competitors in this department. Their interior might use the best materials available but they are certainly boring and showing their age more than ever.

As you can notice, the new model seems to go for a new gearshift lever design, one that looks like an evolution from the current one for the 8-speed automatic gearbox, inspired by the one used inside the i8. It looks taller and a bit wider at the same time.

However, the rest of the center console looks the same, even though it’s covered by all sorts of camouflage. Sure, there might be some nice details hidden inside there but the overall shape is basically the same and doesn’t seem to host any kind of display as we’ve seen on the concept.

Another new design cue we’ve noticed refers to the center air vents that seem to have evolved as well, hosting what seems to be the Active Safety button with a new look as well.

The steering wheel, on the other hand, is basically unchanged, looking like it came straight off an M Performance car. Judging by the stripped down steering column, things are definitely not going to remain this way for the production.

Inside a 7 Series, most people will sit in the back, as this is one of the preferred cars by executives around the world. Speaking of which, not much seemed changed in the back either. The rear seatbacks seem to have a new design, similar to the one used on the 6 Series Gran Coupe and the new X6, going for a more exclusive look.

Other interesting details are the bigger iDrive display on the dash and the instrument cluster that seems to be fully digitalized. Changes don’t seem to be all that huge for now but bare in mind that this is an early prototype and BMW has plenty of time to make it brand new.

The G11/G12 models will be developed with a focus on shedding weight in all the right places, using CFRP and aluminum in every way possible. The aim is to reduce the weight by at least 100 kilos compared to the outgoing F01 model.

The engines used will, most likely, be exclusively part of the B-series engine family that have interchangeable parts in proportion of up to 40 percent. This could also be the first 7er to use a 2-liter 4-cylinder engine, while the V12 6-liter plant might be in danger. A plug-in hybrid is also expected.

image. image. image.
    image.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...d-for-the-first-time-photo-gallery-83845.html
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. PHYBENZ

PHYBENZ Well-Known Member

I really hope they are kidding with that interior. Obviously some bits that are plastic now will be wood, but the design looks like a grown up 3.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. PanterroR

PanterroR Well-Known Member

I'm sure this shows nothing of the new 7 series interior, only a test car with some old interior pieces.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member

That's my thought too. The report say that we see the dashboard of an early prototype.
    And Scott said at post #964 the dashboard of the new 7 will go in VFL direction.
  16. Mick Briesgau

Mick Briesgau Active Member

I think BMW is fooling us here. Expect the dash to be completely different from that shown in the pictures above.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. SCOTT27

Remember in luxury cars you pay extra for technology ahead of what is standard with the base model.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rolf

Rolf Active Member

I really hope that this is not the final interior design cause it lacks innovation and looks too plasticky. Doesn't come close to the S-Class design IMO! But we only have just over a year left before this car will be launched so would they really be changing the interior just one year before production?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. DblPen

DblPen Active Member

Sure it has some camo on it and production models will be in top notch materials, but lets not pretend that its going to be completely different, its going to be evolution from f01, just like new x5/x6 was from the older generation x5/x6, S-class like interior poshness should not be expected here and its not a bad thing in my mind.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Busty

Busty Member

^Absolutely right. The above-shown pictures imo do not play up to the real thing, both because of the camo and the preliminary materials. A center screen as in the VFL is still being worked on, two of the big challenges are visibility/contrast (which is harder to achieve due to its positioning in a different angle) and cooling.
    • Informative Informative x 2