1. Start enjoying GermanCarForum with less advertisements and faster overall performance. Simply Login! - Not registered yet? Register Here.

SPIED! 2014 BMW M3 (Impressions, SpyPhotos, Renderings)

Discussion in '3 Series' started by SCOTT27, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Take a look at Scott27's latest avatar.
  2. -=Hot|Ice=-

-=Hot|Ice=- Well-Known Member

Those wheels! Same ones on the M6 Gran Coupe. If they put those on the F80, I will sell my soul for them and put them on my e92 M3.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

Hopes up! Fingers crossed, she's gonna be one fine machine i tell ya;):love:
  4. -=Hot|Ice=-

5. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

According to photograph redline @ 7K. He did not look under the engine to see if its an I6 or a V6, but from the redline, it is an I6.

I think it sounds very nice. Now that sounds better than RS or AMG.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

:rolleyes:
    And I was under the impression that was setteled a long time ago!?
  7. martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Oooh! So by way of the redline this is now all of sudden an I6. The redline. The. Red. Line.

Golly, the scientific insight blows my mind.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member GCF Guru

^Yea who needs a clear pic of the engine bay when you can go by the red line...

92558480bc815c0b526a32bc66d3ab3e.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. klier

klier Member

Seriously.....
  10. mini_cooper4

mini_cooper4 Well-Known Member

DAMN, so in the end it's the new H7 they were talking about....
  11. Carmaker1

Carmaker1 Active Member

I don't under why they call it a mule, when it obviously isn't one and is the production model testing in prototype form. Stuff like that just confuses others.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. -=Hot|Ice=-

Holy Body Roll Batman...
  13. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

Don't know about which car you are talking, but the F80 doesn't have lots of body roll.
  14. ACE

ACE Active Member

V6 (forced induction) Redlines:
    Audi 3.0T = 7000rpm
    Nissan GTR = 7000rpm
    2014 F1 engines = 15000rpm (not a production car and certainly not cheap but shows what is possible).

I am pretty sure that the talented BMW M division engineers could reach (and exceed) a 7000rpm redline on a V6 if they wanted to.
  15. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

16. EKaru

EKaru Active Member

^ any larger pics?
  17. Auto

Auto Active Member

When is the M3/M4 being presented?
  18. ACE

ACE Active Member

There is no official date yet but speculation suggests that there will an M3 concept presented at IAA Geneva in September 2013 with the production version following later.

Edit: As Betty pointed out I meant Frankfurt not Geneva. The production version may well be at Geneva in March 2014.
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  19. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

I think you mean Frankfurt.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kilcrohane

Kilcrohane Banned

Under its bulging bonnet, the M3 will use a new six-cylinder 3.0-litre twin-turbo engine. Unlike the M5’s reworked version of BMW’s 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8, the new engine will be used exclusively in M models, not appearing in any lesser cars.

Performance figures are expected to be around 450bhp – an increase of 30bhp over the 4.0-litre V8 in the current car. There will be an even bigger increase in the torque figure – potentially as much as 150Nm – taking the total to
    550Nm at just 2,000rpm.Despite offering more standard equipment than its predecessor, and superior comfort, the new car will weigh about 100kg less than before. BMW will achieve this by using a raft of lightweight body materials in construction. Just like the current M3 Coupe, the new saloon will get a carbon-fibre roof, but the lightweight material will also be used for the bonnet and bootlid. Meanwhile, the front wings will be made from composite plastics.

All of this should result in scintillating performance. Our insider said BMW is expected to quote a 0-62mph time of 4.3 seconds – three tenths quicker than the current M3. He also warned that official figures are usually conservative and it could be even quicker in the real world.

And while top speed will be limited to 155mph, the new M3 should be able to hit 180mph when electronically derestricted.

Of course, M cars aren’t just about straight-line performance – the new M3 must be as engaging to drive as its predecessors. Less weight will improve agility, while the latest M Division limited-slip differential will boost traction when exiting corners. The car will also feature hydraulic steering, rather than the electrical set-up of the normal 3 Series, and will run on normal tyres, not run-flat rubber, to further improve feel.

The driver can still alter the weight of the speed-sensitive steering, as well as the stiffness of the adaptive dampers, the severity of the throttle response and the shift speed of the seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.

Enthusiasts will be pleased to hear a manual version will still be offered, and that BMW is also working on tuning the acoustics of the turbocharged engine to ensure it’s suitably charismatic.

The new M3 is expected to appear later this year at the same time as the M4 Coupe – possibly at the LA Motor Show in November.

It’ll go on sale in the UK next summer, priced from around £55,000 – an increase of about £3,000 over the current car. An M4 Cabriolet is set to follow in early 2015, while an extreme GTS version is also expected.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/3-series/64071/new-bmw-m3-revealed#ixzz2U1cmrSYN
    - that's another massive bang-for-buck winner then, from BMW, like the M1(/2)35i. ​
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1