1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured SPIED! Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W222) Facelift Spy Pics & Info

Discussion in 'S-Class' started by GTA8.5, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjordjeC63

DjordjeC63 Active Member

@Wolfgang what happened to name Airmatic, did they rename it to Air body control or that is just case with GLE?

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

^ Yes, last year MB renamed the latest version of Airmatic to Air Body Control. :)

What Is Mercedes-Benz Air Body Control?

dd661ddf7f975c88792ef25d453544ed.

While the main concern of most Chicago luxury buyers will be engaging and reliable handling on the highway and urban roadways, there may always be a grand vacation or other adventure that could require you and your Mercedes-Benz to venture into the wilderness. Fortunately, the Air Body Control suspension system has that problem covered. But what is Mercedes-Benz Air Body Control?

c550c916ed8ed581d776ce62646345e1.

Similar to the ground breaking Mercedes-Benz Magic Body Control technology, the available Air Body Control feature on select Mercedes-Benz vehicles allows each equipped vehicle to have an utterly smooth ride no matter the terrain. Not only can your vehicle with this features easily absorb impacts, but you can even manually adjust your ride height to minimize risk on the roughest terrain, like gravel roads or heavily potholed ground.

Read More: Mercedes-Benz DRIVER PILOT Autonomous Driving Technology

How Does Air Body Control Work?

The Mercedes-Benz Air Body control system is an air suspension feature that coordinates two electronic systems to provide the perfect dampening power for each wheel depending on road conditions. These systems work either steplessly (ADS PLUS) or in select settings (ADS). It offers a much smoother ride than traditional steel springs could provide. This technology is so refined that ground clearance and handling remain consistent even when the Mercedes-Benz is fully loaded with passengers and cargo.

In certain conditions, the ground clearance on a vehicle with Mercedes-Benz Air Body Control can be adjusted. We have already mentioned how drivers can manually lift the vehicle for smoother, slow driving on broken roads. This system will also automatically lower itself at speeds of approximately 75 mph to decrease wind resistance.

What vehicles features Air Body Control?

Currently E-Class, S-Class, C-Class, GLE, CLS, and GLS vehicles should be available with this feature, as well as technology like Mercedes-Benz Dynamic Select. Contact a member of the Loeber team today to learn more about the suspension option on our new Mercedes-Benz vehicles.

http://www.loebermotors.com/blog/mercedes-benz-air-body-control/

• Informative Informative x 4
    • WAND

WAND Member

Wolfgang, You are golden ( Mercedes ) member here. :wthumb2: :eusa_clap :ty1:
      Dr.Benz. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Ozgur Misman

Ozgur Misman New Member

Heard from local dealer FL S class won't be available before
        January, 2018 :(.. hope it is not true !! I was hoping to order in May for September Euro delivery .. can someone confirm ??:unsure:

• Rolf

Rolf Well-Known Member

Is there any differences between Airmatic and Air Body Control or only in the name?

I wonder if Mercedes will improve the Magic Body Control suspension system after receiving some negative comments from some Car Magazines, such as not seeing the bumps at night and only seeing certain bumps?

• Serpens

Serpens Active Member

Of course they are- just like ABC before it, they're constantly honing their technology. It's not like Mercedes wasn't aware of MBC's shortcomings from the start anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
        • HUTSUTAo

HUTSUTAo Active Member

The w222 FL will debut in Shanghai auto show iirc

• Informative Informative x 1
          • Mick Briesgau

Mick Briesgau Well-Known Member

FL will be officially shown probably in april during Shanghai autoshow. Availibilty in the sense of driving the car, probably will be somewhere in August/september 2017, in Germany/Europe that is. Don't know at what date it will arive in the USA.

• Like Like x 1
            • Adr5

Adr5 Active Member

• Like Like x 4
              • Mick Briesgau

Mick Briesgau Well-Known Member

I heard today it could very well be possible to get the car delivered as early as June/July. Anyone heard the same?

• Like Like x 2
                • Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

It all depends on your market.

M

• ThroughandThrough

ThroughandThrough Well-Known Member

The slimmer lights better suit the car's face.

• Agree Agree x 2
                  • SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

That bug face the current car has is gone.

I like it.

• Agree Agree x 4
                    • mercpassion

mercpassion Active Member

^^ Bug face? Sorry not with you there..

• Agree Agree x 3
                      • Amat46

Amat46 Well-Known Member Premium Member

The FL looks certainly great so far but the pre FL looked majestic too.

• Agree Agree x 1
                        • SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

Not saying the current car looks bad at all, but rather that slimmer lights plus larger air intakes (as spy shots suggest) will give the front a more balanced look.

• Agree Agree x 1
                          • Mr. Mercedes

Mr. Mercedes Well-Known Member

The current car still looks flipping gorgeous on the road. Imposing and majestic.

At least the FL lights are looking much better than before in these spy shots.

• Agree Agree x 1
                            • mercpassion

mercpassion Active Member

The car is looking better in recent vids, but I'm still skeptical about the angular headlamps, I feel they will ruin the sense of elegance and flow of the existing design.

• fortuner

fortuner Well-Known Member

I like how it's turning out..Want to see what new tech comes to this car..

Offtopic I drove a s350dL this week when I took my E for some updates.

What a car the S class is it really is something else..The ride is majestic to say the least.I must say it handled really really well I was surprised by this aspect..One thing I missed while driving was the touch pads on the steering wheel..initially when I tested a E class I thought is ta gimmick now I miss it I am so used to those touch pads.

By the way guys like Mick I envey you mate I think you have the best car or sedan on the road.

For now let me.enjoy the E but the S is king of that I have no doubt now.

• Like Like x 2
                              • bombardier01

bombardier01 Well-Known Member

20170113_213143.
                                20170113_213413.

• Like Like x 12
                                • Winner Winner x 2
                                • Agree Agree x 1
                                Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.