1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercedes-AMG E63 vs Tesla P100D (and M5 & RS6)

Discussion in 'Internal Combustion' started by lambornima, Oct 27, 2016.

1. lambornima

lambornima Well-Known Member

So this or a P100D?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • MercFan

MercFan Active Member

P100D has a Mazda 3 level interior.

• Agree Agree x 9
      • lambornima

But it's got really nice taillights which is about all an E63 will be seeing. BMW, Audi and MB all need to step up their games (the supercar makers too). If I was in the market for a fast saloon an E63 or M5 is no longer the obvious choice. Plus I've heard from many people that the interiors of Teslas though not quite up to Merc stardards, are very good.

P100D does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds in the RAIN, uses no gas, basically drives itself, and goes 500 km on a charge...and all we get in response from the competition is more boost and more gears? They're wasting their R&D money.

• Old Info Old Info x 1
        • Tesla is fast no one can deny that but to me it is not a handsome car as merc ,bmw and audi

• lambornima

Im not talking about a Pagani. Im talking about direct competition. Stop getting your panties up in a bunch. Merc, BMW and all will go the way of Nokia and blackberry if they dont step their tech game up.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
          • Old Info Old Info x 1
          • MercFan

MercFan Active Member

What tech are you talking about??? Tesla is all about the marketing.

The car, that has less living room in the back seats than C-class, weights 2200+ kg. The car that has no technologies, that AUDI, BMW, Merc have. Only stupid autopilot that caused some deaths. Just look how complicated are the head lights of german cars, and look at xenon by Tesla S! Audi A3 have LED's nowadays.

Elon Musk says that Tesla patents are free. From 2014. Almost 3 years to develop a car with all this "free" technologies for a big german company? What can be simpler? Do you know why this patents are free? Because Tesla have no significant patents if any! You can't imagine how simple are the electric motors used in Tesla. Batteries? 600 kg of cheap AA Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries is all Tesla uses in their cars. Why do you think Tesla is not using the much better and lighter lithium batteries? It's too complicated for them. They don't have technologies for that. Big companies have. They use lithium in their hybrids. Apple has more technologies behind their iPhone than Tesla.

Don't be naive. Peace.:t-cheers:

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • lambornima

So simple the Teslas that MB should be able to keep up no problem....oh wait they don't because they cant. Im no fanboy of either MB or Tesla or BMW, etc, but you're in denail if you dont see the threat from Tesla and the tech sector into cars. If the current makers keep going like this then in 10 years time they will be flip-phones next to the dominant smartphones. They can put all the boost into these engines they want but as batteries get smaller the EVs will get faster and lighter.

• MercFan

MercFan Active Member

Flip phones??? Tesla cannot even make a good driver's seat! What are you talking about? Mercedes sells two times more S-classes than Tesla S. Mercedes sells ~2 million cars a year. Tesla sells only 0,05 million! I don't see any threat)))

By the way Tesla model S starts at $60K, S-class at $100K.

Tesla is just a toy for rich people with "green" brains who want some new experience.

• Agree Agree x 5
              • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

If I got a quarter for everytime someone tried to talk me into buying a Tesla :D.

I no longer bother to explain why I have zero interest in any of their products. MB, Porsche, BMW, Audi, etc. would never rely heavily on referral programs, autopilot, or novelty 0-60 times as selling points.

I've had someone tell me "I go from 0-60 faster than a Lamborghini with my wife and kids and all our luggage"...

Rant/

• Funny Funny x 2
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Amat46

Amat46 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Where are the Mods? This thread needs a clean up!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
                  • MB PT

MB PT New Member

Tesla is fast off the line. In the real world, with rolling start, the tesla simply can't keep up with real cars.

• slicknick

slicknick Well-Known Member

And it was just opened about 2-3 days ago...Sheesh!!

• klier

klier Member

Top Poster Of Month

M fans aren't moaning, but the thing is perfectly clear:

The E63S is the base version of this gen of hypersedans, when compared to the upcoming competition from Audi and BMW. The S version competes with a standard M5. And while it's true there's going to be stronger engines for the M5, at least the M5 doesn't come in a 'weak' version that nobody wants anyways. Because make no mistake, people will not even look at the E63, and straight up go for the E63S.

No let me make clear that I don't want to make this about AMG vs M. All I wanted to say is that MB should just skip the normal E63. Make the E63S the standard version and give the E63S even more power.

And I will never love the W213, but at least I can safely say that the E63S is a mean machine with insane specs, power, looks and quality. So no love, but I do admire it hugely. It reminds me from the times when BMW had the E39 M5 and MB came with the crazy powerful E55 AMG....I was impressed back then too.

It's lighter than the F10 M5, and MUCH lighter than a Panamera Turbo. The weight is a-okay for a 612 hp monster sedan.

• Informative Informative x 1
                    • gmeup

gmeup Member

Yes its acceptable if you look at other cars but dont forget the New BMW M5 will also be RWD only and i can assure you it will be alot lighter.

I think they could have put more effort to get the weight down not up.

• Amat46

Amat46 Well-Known Member Premium Member

The next M5 is AWD. I don't think you are up to date with what's happening in the super saloon segment.

• gmeup

gmeup Member

I'm very uptodate, the next M5 will also have RWD and Xdrive Option. The RWD will be lighter.

• Agree Agree x 1
                      • martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

All indications thus far are that the new M5 will not have RWD. At all.

• Kowalski

Kowalski Well-Known Member

@Ali8Asad says he doesn't like the new E63, but that's just sour grapes.

• klier

klier Member

Top Poster Of Month

And the AWD will be lighter too.

• gmeup

gmeup Member

I dont know why you would think this, BMW has already made statements that RWD is standard and there will be an option of XDrive. Some countries will also only have the option of RWD.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/bmw/2018-bmw-m5-xdrive-ar167291.html