I've watched a few races that air before the Formula 1 race here in the US and the last race I saw, Lewis was good but for some reason it was Nelson who impressed me more because he back in the pack and came right after Hamilton.
Testing times from Silverstone:
01. Nelson Piquet Jr Renault 1:19.510 86 laps
02. Heikki Kovalainen Renault 1:19.571 103 laps
03. Lewis Hamilton McLaren 1:20.158 47 laps
04. Pedro de la Rosa McLaren 107 1:20.283 107 laps
05. Ralf Schumacher Toyota 1:21.391 54 laps
06. Olivier Panis Toyota 1:22.216 82 laps
07. Alex Wurz Williams 1:22.931 97 laps
08. Takuma Sato Super Aguri 1:23.179 87 laps
The British press is making much of the fact that Lewis Hamilton beat de La Rosa. Hamilton also beached it in the gravel a few times. I agree with you, Naruto; Piquet Jr. looks like a real star in the making. Kovalainen is a coveted prospect, but now that I've seen some recent footage of Piquet Jr., I think he is the one to watch.
I think Hamilton is overrated and so promoted because he is black. It's like Michelle Wie playing on golf a men's tour and finishing dead last. Publicity stunt for a sport that lost its biggest sponsor and will soon lose its most successful star ever. Hamilton is quite good, but he's been hyped too much. Sure he pipped de la Rosa in testing, but Pedro is a perennial test driver. Everyone knows Pedro doesn't have enough genuine race pace to finish higher than 5th, 6th consistently.