1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPIED! Jaguar XE Sportbrake

Discussion in 'XE' started by rs271, Apr 20, 2017.

1. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

It's nice and it's late.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • KiwiRob

KiwiRob Active Member

Are you sure that's not the XF? Ia Cullum said there wasn't going to be an XE wagon. It's a mistake IMO, the wagon is necessary to compete with the german trio.

6e5414f1af9121e0d81061cf30866331.

• tristatez28lt1

tristatez28lt1 Well-Known Member

Agreed. In that class even more than in the higher segment. Similar example: see the sales issue for Europe with the Giulia that is not getting a wagon.

• Fido

Fido Well-Known Member Spy Photographer

Giulia has other and different problem. They could be selling many cars and they cannot a cause of the price and iths position in the market. I can be agreed that one car producer wants to compete with BMW (I tell this brand because someone from Alfa has told that BMW is the rival and we have seen a lot of comparisons with M3/M4...), but the 3-Series is offered with many levels of powers and Giulia not. The quality is very different too between both cars and european people prefers to spend their money in one of three germans (3-Series, C-Class or A4).

I'm sure that they would not sell with a Giulia Wagon. It's a pity, because I'm owner from one Alfa 147 and, for me, is a very good car. But I know to someone of Infiniti Press in Spain and told me that "compete with the germans and sell more is very difficult; as impossible", telling with Q60 Coupé... Someone from Lexus told me the same long time ago. So, if it's difficult for these japanese, that they are in premium segment from a long time, imagine Alfa...

• KiwiRob

KiwiRob Active Member

I have absolutely no idea what the hell you are trying to say Fido, typing drunk??? ;)

• Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

I don't want to hijack the thread, but in the days of the 159, the base price in Greece was somewhere around 27.000€, same as the Passat and the Honda Accord.

Now, the Giulia starts from around 45.000€ and that's quite a lot for an entry level Alfa Romeo sedan and the XE from 44.000€, which is 10.000€ more than you need to buy an entry level BMW with a better interior.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • hovabongZA

hovabongZA Active Member

In SA the Jag XE-S is over R300k more expensive the the equivalent BMW which is insane. It's one of the worst performers in our market. In the next 3 years you'll probably be able to pick one up for R300k. There's just no value in the Jag brand.

• Fido

Fido Well-Known Member Spy Photographer

I want to mean that if Alfa adds one Giulia Wagon, they're not going to sell more units from Giulia and Giulia SW. In Spain, for example, we prefer to buy BMW, Audi or Mercedes before Jaguar, Lexus and Infiniti, and much before that the new Giulia, because doesn't offer the same quality that the germans.

Please, you can serve me black Eristoff with orange juice? ;)