1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured OFFICIAL BMW M2

Discussion in 'M2' started by Zafiro, Oct 13, 2015.

1. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

It looks too camoed for the standard M product facelift.

It is hard to best the current car desing IMO.

2. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Ah the CS.

3. as7920

as7920 Active Member

Any more info?

Decisions, decisions.

LCI M2 or M3/M4 CP LCI. Hmmm. :) Can't decide if I wait for the rumoured M2 CS/Competition but doubt I'd even get an allocation at this stage.

4. as7920

as7920 Active Member

So when you spilling the beans? Only when it arrives?

5. manuelf

manuelf Active Member

Interesting the now even larger steel brake discs on that M2 CS. They almost look like 400mm diameter! :hungry:

6. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

Yep! :D

Production week for me is week 10, which is 6th March. Hopefully will have taken delivery before the end of March.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

^ He can't frikking contain himself. Beans spilt...

• Funny Funny x 3
      • TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Member

• rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

2017 BMW M2 Performance Edition official details

We bring you full details on the M2 Performance Edition (ZL9 option)!

The 2017 M2 Performance Edition is a US only model limited to 150 units. Selected US dealerships will be able to order it at this time with a suggested MSRP of $61,695 (including Destination and Handling).

The Performance Edition features the following equipment changes to the standard M2:

• Manually adjustable sport seats without heat or lumbar. The styling and upholstery is the same as other 2017 M2’s.
        • Basic keyless entry, without comfort access
        • Single zone automatic climate control
        • HiFi audio system, in place of Harman Kardon audio.
        • Removal of the smoker’s package
        • Addition of black mirror caps

M Performance Accessories

• M Performance Coilover Suspension specifically tuned for the M2
        • M Performance Exhaust
        • Titanium Exhaust tips
        • Black Kidney Grilles
        • Black side gills
        • M Performance illuminated door sill
        • LED door projectors with customer "Performance Edition" image

M Drivers Package

This M Performance Edition offers enthusiasts simplified content combined with M Performance Accessories to offer a firmer suspension, different acoustics and exterior differentiation. Each vehicle will be offered in Alpine White to complement the M Performance parts and will be equipped with the M Driver's Package which includes a unique 1-day High Performance Driving class and increases the top speed to 168 mph.

P.S. The above configuration/equipment is the only way a customer can spec an M2 this way.

P.S.S. The M2 Performance Edition is available in both manual and DCT.

• Informative Informative x 1
        • as7920

as7920 Active Member

M2 GTS?

Internet rumour has it that an M2 GTS mule was spotted around BMW GB headquarters with usual B&W camouflage. However, apparently, the eagle-eyed spotter caught sight of a roll cage inside.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled thats for sure. Have seen BMW GB cars several times so hoping this will be one of them.

• as7920

as7920 Active Member

So you got her yet?

• Betty Swollocks

Not yet but it's getting very close. It was built on time but then it was sat at Bremerhaven for quite a few days waiting to leave the port. I must have just missed a boat. However, I investigated and found out there was a Wallenius Wilhelmsen car transporter due to sail from Bremerhaven to Southampton two days ago. Sure enough, it made it on to that one, so I was tracking it yesterday through the English Channel, and at 0632 this morning it docked in Southampton. There doesn't seem to be a lot of space at the docks so I imagine they move them on to the dealers fairly quickly. Then I should be able to collect it immediately. I've got a window of seven days from Wednesday in which I'm basically on stand by ready to collect it. Based on how quickly my M2 moved from Southampton, I'm quietly confident my M4 will be at the dealers by this Friday.

2e2dcdd75917f7d1fb3a9c7b40ea7805.

5af6f67ccb5dd58bbea85bd14c10ef3d.

• Like Like x 4
          • Mick Briesgau

Mick Briesgau Well-Known Member

• Betty Swollocks

You've missed a not so cryptic post from me a few weeks ago about a new car I have on order which will replace my M2. However, that discussion is probably more suited to the BMW M4 Coupe thread...

• Informative Informative x 1
            • AdvEvo

AdvEvo Active Member

M2 GTS
              M2 CS

What engine S55? it s also an old engine with high co2. I have also an B58 M140 for the wife i can tell you that engine is awesome. Much lower co2 and throttle response is perfect. B58 with some M tweaks and that s perfect.

• SCOTT27

The next M3 and M4 will have the BMW M engineered S58 but first it will arrive in the X3M and X4M models.
              It is also a possibility for the next M2 in a slightly less powerful incarnation.

• Betty Swollocks

You've just read ynguldyn's post on the other site haven't you? :D

• Like Like x 1
              • chonkoa

chonkoa Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder if Scoot actually works for BMW doesn't it?

• Like Like x 1
                • SCOTT27

Elizabeth,if you are in a BMW dealer you can achieve that from their intranet that is online direct to Munich.

• Touring

Touring Member

Finally got mine 20170314_105730.

• Like Like x 14
                  • Winner Winner x 4