1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. This is one of the most disgusting looking vehicles I have ever seen. Honestly, BMW should be ashamed.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • The more I look at this atrocity, the more I am willing to wager that McGregor lands more punches on Mayweather than the number of these that BMW sells.

Oh well, at least BMW fans can just hang onto that gorgeous 8er that is soon to be here.

• Matski

Matski Member

The Melodrama is clearly contagious

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • shonguiz

shonguiz Well-Known Member

The car is now lower than its predecessor and offer a less differentiated interior concept, so what's the official selling point then ?

• Like Like x 1
        • Matski

Matski Member

Space, luxury, price.... also, not being a bell-end that drives SUV's needlessly in towns or urban environments.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Creative Creative x 1
          • Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member Staff Member GCF Guru

Maybe this was already discussed, but wasn't the whole recent rebranding of 3 coupe -> 4, 1 coupe ->2 etc meant to make all even numbered series be coupes only? So how does calling this thing a 6 fit in with that?

• Agree Agree x 2
            • Matski

Matski Member

No. Fake news. Granted, it was popular theory, but it was made up by the rags... BMW AG never said anything about that even/odd crap, at least when it actually happened. 12-15 years ago it was talked about, but that was when the line up was much simpler.

• Winner Winner x 1
              • mdartisian

mdartisian Active Member

It's actually a really nice 5er gt but an ugly 6er gt. Probably the reason for all the hysterics.

• Agree Agree x 4
                • Like Like x 3
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Creative Creative x 1
                • martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Good Lorde!
                  I like your posts - you have an interesting perspective on things. I reckon your summation is succinct and to the point. It doesn't matter whether BMW did or did not actually state the odd-even naming strategy's reasoning; the reality is that the precedent was set in the initial execution.

In my humble, layman's opinion, the product roll out was its own undoing - if I recall correctly, we got a 6er, a 4er thereafter and then a 2er coupé and all was good and sensible (read - a nice synonym for logical). Suddenly - not long after - BMW released the 2er Van and the whole thing turned on its ear. And now this. Can't blame the naysayers - it just is what it is: an insensible (read - a nice synonym for illogical) decision in the eyes of many observant, joe-public consumers and car fans alike.

• Agree Agree x 10
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Creative Creative x 1
                  • Monster

Monster Global Moderator Staff Member

If the marketing people say it is a coupe, it is a coupe, even when the car has 5 doors.

• Funny Funny x 4
                    • SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

It is going to be weird if the 4er range comprises the coupe, cabrio and GT while the 6er only has the GT.

• Monster

Monster Global Moderator Staff Member

Don't give them even more suggestions. The last thing we want is a 6 GT convertible to fill in the niche market.

• Funny Funny x 8
                      • CrunchSlaughtered

CrunchSlaughtered Active Member

BMW 630i GT Unladen weight EU in kg 1,795
                        BMW 530i Unladen weight EU in kg 1,615
                        BMW 730i Unladen weight EU in kg 1,755
                        After all 6GT is heavier than the 7er and much, much heavier than the 5er

• Informative Informative x 3
                        • maragulon

maragulon Active Member

fatty :smiliedan

• Grosser

Grosser New Member

• mod9

mod9 Member

Exactly what I was thinking, I'd go so far as to say the front is ugly when compared to the G30.

Terrible from BMW!

• Agree Agree x 1
                          • rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

In english:

• Like Like x 1
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • Matski

Matski Member

Good grief....

The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo The first ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo ...

... WE GET IT ... you don't want to call it a 5 series anymore!

• Funny Funny x 8
                              • Agree Agree x 2
                              • Winner Winner x 1
                              • hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait...wait....let me get this straight.... so this is the first ever 6er GT?
                                em0bx5eoxt5l9vezaa72.

• Funny Funny x 8
                                • martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Ah, this truly is the best car forum in the galaxy. :love:

• Agree Agree x 2