Status
This thread is archived
New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast

phaeton

VOLKSWAGEN OF MEXICO'S PRESS RELEASE
(Translated from Spanish to English with
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr)

f0edae9fdeca8433b55ad4fae832b9e3.jpg

Mexico D.F. to 1 of September - Mattel of Mexico, the company leader in the production and distribution of toys and Volkswagen
of Mexico, automotive company of great tradition, quality and leadership are united to present/display for the first time
in the world the new Beetle Barbie, a unique and exclusive automobile that reflects the style and the personality of Barbie. The
Barbie wrist is the most famous worldwide and favorite of the Mexican children. Studies of market demonstrate that the wrist has
a spontaneous recognition of the 100%. All the children identify to Barbie thanks to their ability to adapt to the changes, the
fashions, the customs and the styles of life of the Mexican children. At the moment the world of Barbie is much more that wrists
and accessories, represent a style of life for all the children. In order to obtain it Mattel he has been pioneering in devising creative
and innovating forms to communicate the values of the mark to his public. Renata Delsordo, Manager of Group of Children
commented: "In Mattel we are very contentments of being able to work with Volkswagen one of the most important companies in
the industry del automobile in Mexico and the world and are sure that the union of two marks leaders: Barbie and Beetle the style and
the personality of Barbie great girls will have great acceptance approaching and ". On the other hand, Jorge Rodriguez Product
Martinez, Manager and Price of Volkswagen commented: "the Beetle is the most emblematic model within the Volkswagen mark at
world-wide level, characterized by its unique design, the high level of equipment and the technological elements on which it counts".
It is for that reason that the Volkswagen mark of Mexico and Mattel has decided to be united to send to the market the first edition
of the Beetle Barbie, an automobile with a unique and exclusive concept that conjugates the style and seal as much characteristic
of the Volkawagen mark as of the Barbie wrist. The Beetle Barbie comes totally customized in an incredible pink color that is not
limited only the outside of the car, but that also is present in details like the applications in rines, the borders in the rugs, the tapestry
of the seats and the steering wheel that turn it a unique car. All the fans to the world of Barbie can already enjoy this unique
automobile in their class. The Beetle Barbie is a limited edition of 13 units that will be available in some of concessionaires VW.

cd53578aca0738676feadae0c0dc23ef.jpg

4153c4fa96314b3df2f9492fef76ea0d.jpg

24ad5bca087f9b426a7751e07262ae1b.jpg

deb98191fe1929e5f74cbb170c52ac00.jpg

more pics http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2831901

This was VW Mexicos worst idea ever :eusa_doh:

I think were all lucky that this never turned up as a Worldwide thing :eusa_pray :usa7uh:

phaeton

Original Poster
I've just remembered another pink VAG car :(

Someone in the Middle East had there TT mk1 painted pink, looked horrible, saw it on Audi News Blog.

Monster

FB Editor
Staff member
Premium Supporter
My friend has been dying to buy a pink Beetle... now her dream came true :t-banghea I will do my best to stop her from buying one.

MikeJ

A car whose target audience is 5-year-old girls? That's a niche market no one's thought of before, so good job VW :usa7uh: ....erm, not.

bmer

A car whose target audience is 5-year-old girls? That's a niche market no one's thought of before, so good job VW :usa7uh: ....erm, not.

Didn't they just ban marketing of fast food for children in Britain? So real cars instead of Happy Meal toys, sounds fair to me...:D j/k

Giannis

GCF Moderator
Staff member
this car is as ugly as hell and it reminds me of my girlfriends red peugeot 206. very girl cars, both of them :D

SDNR

OK ..but lets be fair here, none of us are the target market for this car.

Having said that, I would wonder if any of those who would desire this car would be old enough to have a drivers licscene.

Status
This thread is archived
New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast