1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured OFFICIAL Audi SQ5 3.0 TFSI

Discussion in 'Q5/SQ5' started by rs271, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Audi SQ5 TFSI priced from EUR 64,900 / GBP 51,200
    For the second generation of the Q5, Audi really stepped up its game in the compact luxury crossover segment. The Mexican-built SUVis also available in go-faster guise, and the price definitely shows how uphill the new kid on the block has gone.

ebbacd0c0c9bc211dc7544618d14c5f7.

In its domestic market, pricing for the 2018 Audi SQ5 3.0 TFSI V6 is set from €64,900. In the UK, the SUV is £51,200 at the very least, which begs the question: who would choose the SQ5 over the Porsche Macan S?

Bear with me, please. The Macan S (€61,143 or £45,945) may be less powerful compared to the SQ5, but it’s just as quick. 5.4 seconds is exactly how much time the Macan S and SQ5 need to hit 100 km/h (62 mph), while top speed is limited by a computer to 250 km/h (155 mph) in the case of the four-ringed crossover. The Porsche, however carries on until it hits the 254 km/h mark.

Say what you will, but the truth of the matter is, it’s rather clear that the Porsche badge outweighs Audi in terms of preference, especially at this price. Be that as it may, the SQ5 sure boasts lots of standard bits and bobs from the get-go, including a well-rounded set of skills tailored for keen drivers.

The S suspension with electronic damper control technology, for example, can keep up with what Porschecan throw at the Macan S. As an everyday car, the Fine Nappa leather, electric seats, and MMI Navigation Plus should make like easier for who is seated behind the wheel. But as it’s expected from a high-performance Audi model, the options list is extensive, to say the least.

Just to name a few of the highlights one has to tick off to make its SQ5 more desirable, those options are the award-winning Matrix LED headlights, virtual cockpit digital instrument cluster, and head-up display. In consideration of the foregoing matters, what would you spend your hard-earned cash on if you had to make a choice between the Audi and the Porsche?

Source: autoevolution

• Informative Informative x 1
    • hovabongZA

hovabongZA Active Member

This is really shameful. image.

• Funny Funny x 7
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • domleo999

domleo999 Member

What on earth were they thinking ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
        • hovabongZA

hovabongZA Active Member

Where's the pride , no effort whatsoever. Shameful cost cutting at its best.

• Agree Agree x 2
          • Rolf

Rolf Well-Known Member

It's not even a diesel car lol so what soot is this engine going to blow out for the exhaust to face downwards. This is the worst exhaust design I have seen on any performance car!:yuck:

Now this car which probably made famous the downward facing exhaust at lease doesn't look disgraced having it once its engine starts belching some soot:D

IMG_0225.JPG

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • domleo999

domleo999 Member

Exactly - the SQ5 Diesel I can understand, but a 3.0 V6 petrol with those exhausts- Why?

Aftermarket exhausts systems will be hard to fit and incorporate within the fake bumper

• JLBM

JLBM Well-Known Member

Surely that is fake news?! What a shocker! It isn't even piped backwards with airflow! Nasty!

• Funny Funny x 1
              • CrunchSlaughtered

CrunchSlaughtered Active Member

This is the new emission test cheating device.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
                • Funny Funny x 3
                • rs271

• Mr. Mercedes

Mr. Mercedes Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to reviews of the new SQ5! Have you come across any in English?

• Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

So far I have come across written reviews in English.

• Mr. Mercedes

Oh really? Do you mind posting some links Luw?

• Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

• Like Like x 1
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Mr. Mercedes

Thanks Luw.

The reviews aren't great. It's reasonably quick, refined and well built, but that seems to be about as far as the praise goes.

I had high hopes for this SQ5 as it was #1 on my list to replace the 340i. I hope it delivers what I expect when I finally get to test drive it later this year. Otherwise I'll be looking to the face lifted Macan or new X4.

• rs271

• rs271

• Like Like x 1
                    • Winner Winner x 1
                    • rs271

• klier

klier Member

Top Poster Of Month

I see quite a few on the street already, and I really have to say it's a stunning design. Far better than the GLC.