1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Audi e-tron Sportback

Discussion in 'New Audi Models / Vehicles' started by Cashmere, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Cashmere

Cashmere Well-Known Member

e88be1eaaaf2bd71867d4703f3645606.

61b3c36d2a8927580c891bee328cd1eb. 75c2b6571cfeeb0364c06c1e375b918f. 7ba4c9be6c46c73124134cd4eded3ddb.

• 300 Mile range
    • 0-100 in 4.5 seconds
    • 95KW battery pack
    • Deliveries begin in 2019

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • domleo999

domleo999 Member

Finally a real SAC from AUDI - what the Q8 should have been from the start - Does this preview the Q4?

• emet

emet Member

Not a fan of the "buttonless" interior... and electric cars overall, but exterior is just great :bowdown:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

I think it looks spectacular.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

25a0745454a2e37d00b57cd30b73e5d2.

• Like Like x 8
        • rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

• Like Like x 3
          • mdartisian

mdartisian Active Member

This is nice!

• Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Looking good.

M

• Jimmy

Jimmy Well-Known Member

Modern without being fashionable. Very technical in design. Knockout interior.

Good show indeed, Audi.

• Agree Agree x 2
            • tristatez28lt1

tristatez28lt1 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the production car will look like because this is absolutely stunning. Both from the technical and design side. Captures Audi wonderfully.

• Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Ok, I'm not jumping around out of excitement, but it's a good one by Audi.

• EnI

VAG triplets ... Audi e-tron Sportback; VW I.D. Crozz; Skoda Vision E Concept ... Upcoming electric SACs from VAG.

• CrunchSlaughtered

CrunchSlaughtered Active Member

Triplets but with parents, not like some "i" orphants

• Busty

Busty Active Member

Ahhhh, those huge thick-skinned creatures with their trunks at the front-end. Always loved them despite their ungainly looks, lack of comfort, excessive consumption, and severe smell.
              Seriously, the i's problem is not that are orphans, they are the first of their kind. The problem is that they don't reproduce fast enough.

Personal opinion on this concept, no need for ranting: front pretty cool and technical. Silhouette dissonant, rear lacking any Audi genes. Interior more agitated and thereby less convincing than in recent concepts.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
            • SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Maybe. But the BMWi vehicles exist.

• Winner Winner x 1
              • SCOTT27

I know I heard the true Sporting Coupe comments. So the X6 and GLE Coupe etc are just giant frogs???

• CrunchSlaughtered

CrunchSlaughtered Active Member

Don't get me wrong. I truly admire BMW i, but I wish BMW put more faith in it and keep it ahead of the competition. Things are moving really slowly, despite the strong start.

• Agree Agree x 1
                • SCOTT27

They are actually updating it now it is more popular. The 94h is a strong model in terms of sales and a worthy "upgrade"
                  Because if you think of Electric Vehicles in the same way as Mobile TelePhones then updates enhance and improve which is something the 94h has achieved. As always with something new and different you need an establishment period.
                  Upcoming however, is the i3 upgrade ,i3S and the updates of the BMW i8 including the i8S and the all new i8 Roadster.

• EnI

Nobody likes to produce & sell cars that make loss ... except Tesla ... who are spending other people's money since they still can't make profit. It's great to be an automotive start-up, isn't it?

Starting with 2019 all 3 big German carmakers (VAG, aimler & BMW) will start to roll out some serious profitable EV products, even ones directed to masses & with serious mileage. Not to mention other big carmakers , and some new Chinese rivals with very price competitive products.

We shall see Tesla's (business & financial) future then.

Elon is underestimating the car industry, and they will serve him their revenge as a cold dish!

BMW i was a demonstration of CFRP tech, not so much of EV tech. And more as a halo sub-brand & niche products, not mass products for everybody.

With battery tech developing fast, battery prices falling, charging infrastructure growing etc it will be soon possible to produce & sell mass mileage-attractive full-size EVs @ affordable prices, AND making profit. And demand will increase accordingly to that - with better & more affordable products available.

Right now EVs are still too costly to produce, and demand to small to make a viable business case for a serious EV. Tesla is different since it's still a f...g start up, burning other people's money @ some crazy rates!

Patience, and you'll see there will be much better & cheaper EVs available in a few years than those by Tesla. The pioneer will not be the leader anymore! My money is on the German trio as it comes to EVs.

• Informative Informative x 2
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Cashmere

Cashmere Well-Known Member

FYI, Tesla is making a profit on every car they sell - the only difference is that they're reinvesting all their profits back into the company to build infrastructure (Gigafactory, supercharging network,etc) which is what most successful businesses do. With the money, talent & resources available to VW, they could have easily made their own Tesla 10 years ago but they've become complacent and more focused on profits and appeasing shareholders (*cough*Dieselgate). Same industry, different goals.

See below, Tesla Patent wall, (Before and After)

4be04e4441265ebce14812b24bf46e21. e5ac0e58cdb1d6eedcafa22541fe3734.

Serve revenge to the person that has made his patents free to the rest of the industry? This isn't about revenge. If anything, Elon is encouraging the entire industry to move forward by making his patents open to everyone else. Tell me of another car company that does the same? Every major car company has the funds and KNOWS that they will need MANY of their own Gigafactories in order to compete but they're still stuck in the "lets wait for someone else to do it first" mindset.

I find your thoughts on Tesla fascinating. It's the only company that is truly moving the entire industry forward, yet there's a sense of insecurity in your comments. Elon Musk made it very clear to Tesla investors, that they should not invest money in the company with the intention of returns, but rather invest in it because they believe in Tesla's vision of "accelerating the advent of sustainable transport". How many other Auto CEOs do you know that would say that to their investors? How many executives do you know of that actually sleep beside the production line in a sleeping bag and know each and every component of the car inside out? You'd be hard-pressed to find a single one.

Its not like Tesla is burning money without anything to show for - they're constantly out-innovating incumbents that have been around for a hundred years and also continue to grow in terms of sales/revenues which is an incredible feat in itself for a company that sold its first car in 2008.

I certainly hope so. Regardless of whether its the Germans, Japanese, Americans or aliens - it is us, and society at large that will benefit from the innovation & adoption of EVs.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Winner Winner x 1