1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Well-Known Member

Oh...fair enough, I reckon.

But this Giulia generation never fails to warm my heart. And let me re-live some driving experiences of my young adulthood. An era in which the brand Alfa-Romeo defined the very concept of the (relatively) affordable 4 door sport sedan.

1fc34bfdf49da1642830bf158341f38c.

3. Cashmere

Cashmere Well-Known Member

Even smoked the M3 Competition Pack :ROFLMAO:

4. savage-It

savage-It Well-Known Member

January-February-March 2017 total selling of Giulia Q, M, C63 in Germany. I am not sure if this value included both M3 and M4 (but sure are included the standard and CP versions), btw:

Q-M-Amg..c4ef73456f480f384521c2069f4b57ce.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • tristatez28lt1

tristatez28lt1 Well-Known Member

The Giulia is just not selling. Really disappointing.

ED101CD1-2ABA-4AA3-953B-A3328461095D.JPG

• Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

Don you not think sales will pick up as supply grows and people see more of them on the roads? It's a very new car and awareness of is picking up.

The Stelvio will be good at pulling people into Alfa dealers and check out the Giulia too.

• savage-It

Is it possible that Giulia is not selling as hot cake since they started to sell the Stelvio?and when you are at the shop probably you prefer the second one?
      from yesterday, at this link, Sergio Marchionne confirms to have got already more than 10.000 orders in Europe for the Stelvio. Don't ask me if it is true or not...but...something to think about

Alfa Romeo Stelvio: giĆ  superati i 10 mila ordini in Europa - Motori e Auto

• TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Member

• Serpens

Serpens Active Member

It's still picking up steam here in the U.S. That being said, the lease deals are not attractive at all. And that's what really drives sales in that segment here.

• Centurion

It's the same here. The Giulia needs a 1.6/1.8L engine to be viable as a company as the 2.0 petrol and diesel engines are a touch too rich to for anyone flirting with the idea of rolling the dice on an Alfa instead of buying a tried and tested German.

I feel for Alfa as it's a very competitive segment. The F30 3-Series is at the end of its life and many BMW dealers are happily selling them at cost price from factory.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • savage-It

that's a good driving...

• Like Like x 2
        • anti-VAG

anti-VAG Member

Giulia was not conceived as a company car for European market. In that sense it's unlike Germans. They are going for small number of sales globally but with high margins. Production was in ramp-up process for very long time. Currently they are on daily rate which with current shifts brings around 50k Giulias per year globally. For them that's more than OK because they did not spent for a high capacity tooling. They are expecting higher numbers from Stelvio. And they are on path to sell 170k Alfas this year globally.

IMO, they are playing very safe.

When you are talking about future FCA engines the path is very clear and plan is ON from 2014. For Inline engines we are talking about two engine families. One is based around 333 cc and the other one around slightly less than 500 cc capacity per cylinder. From that you can make calculations about future FCA engines.
          So far they have unveiled naturally aspirated 1.0 I3 and 1.3 I4 GSE (Global Small Engines) in Brazil which they called FireFly. Naturally aspirated versions are SMPI, high compression and have 2 valves per cylinder. Good enough for 1.0 6v 72 HP and 1.3 8v 101 HP, both on gasoline. Turbo versions are coming in second half of next year or beginning of 2019.
          The other one is 2.0 Turbo for Giulia called GME (Global Media Engine). To be precise that's a GME T4 M variation. T4 as a turbo 4 and M as MultiAir. Variation for American FCA brands will be called Hurricane. I can disclose that GME T4 D is unveiled and that they are working on GME T6.

• Informative Informative x 1
          • anti-VAG

anti-VAG Member

That guy is providing some nice information. Some are much more accurate about future BMW products than what you can get here on this forum.

Numbers should be for sedan version of C-class and M3. No coupes.

• Centurion

I just looked at the specs of the firefly 1.0l and 1.3l engines and they develop 107nm and 134nm of torque at 3,500rpm. Maybe I am missing something but that's not competitive at all and will unlikely result in good fuel fuel economy let alone make a large car like Giulia enjoyable to drive. VW's new 3 cylinder 1.0l engine is light years ahead in peak power and usability.

• anti-VAG

anti-VAG Member

Obviously, small naturally aspirated engines are not for Giulia. Turbo version of it, for example 1.3 could be added in the future but IMO that's unlikely.. But if you ever looked at ePER than you can find something interesting what was cancelled. It says 1.5...

1.0 is very competitive for its class. Compare 1.0 inside of Fiat Mobi to naturally aspirated 1.0 inside of VW Up. FireFly is obviously better and more modern. Sorry VW.

• rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

• savage-It

20170517_192739. 20170517_193027. 20170517_193058.

• Like Like x 10
            • Winner Winner x 2
            • hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

• savage-It

tks ...(y)
              last one just to complete the series Copia di 20170517_190655.

• Like Like x 5
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Beautiful car, but the quality/reliability has been a nightmare in the U.S. so far.

M