1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

• Like Like x 2
    • martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Saw my first Giulia on the road yesterday - a Quadrifoglio. Shiiiiite! It looks so good. Big too...

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • savage-It

savage-It Well-Known Member

the car has a good presence in real life (in my opinion)..You can love or not her, but at the end has her own distinct personality
        20170224_165639-1. 20170224_170006-1.

• Like Like x 6
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Winner Winner x 2
        • Tarek

Tarek Well-Known Member

It has immense presence on the road..real head turner.

• Agree Agree x 2
          • Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Fiat and Alfa just don't realize their full potential. If their cars were more reliable, their dealers more accessible (here in the U.S.) and they put up the proper investment into the operations and cars they would sell like hotcakes. An Italian car kills it on style/looks/character vs 95% of German cars yet they're held back their own problems. The only Afla dealer in Dallas is nothing more than used car center that just sells Aflas and Fiats on the side. High-end used cars from every other brand you can think of, are what they have out front. Huge mistake and turn off. Where are the start of the art facilities/dealerships? Alfa would sell much better if they backed the product. Maserati got it easy because they're piggybacked in most cases with Ferrari and other high end brands. No new facilities needed. Fiat/Alfa need to be marketed and sold together in NEW dealerships and FCA needs to give them the product to sell, the proper product.

M

• Agree Agree x 5
            • Informative Informative x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Serpens

Serpens Active Member

Your last sentence should've gone at the beginning of this paragraph. Dealers make a lot of money off used car sales, and in cases where they're starved for product that moves in decent numbers they depend on it.

Since we're in a less than ideal situation now, this setup will just have to correct itself over time as Alfa builds its lineup.

• Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Oh I agree, Mitsubishi dealers are the same way. Lots of used cars from other makes because they have very little new product to sell.

The problem with Alfa/Fiat is that the facilities themselves suck, at least around here. They need new buildings/facilities.

M

• as7920

as7920 Active Member

• TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Member

• rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

• Like Like x 3
              • anti-VAG

anti-VAG Member

75dcc3d1d0878fd953cab69bebd5ecaa.

• Informative Informative x 2
                • hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

wasn't alfa supposed to release a Giulia "Sprint" coupe in Geneva?

• W201

W201 Active Member

It's an Alfa... I don't expect it before Geneva 2019, at the soonest. :D

• anti-VAG

anti-VAG Member

No. And there is no plan to release Coupe version of Giulia although there are plans to release Coupe. Now think which model will be competitor if in Alfa's line-up it will succeed 4C.

Also I don't know why certain media are making Alfa's plans by themselves. Obviously they have no "inside" information. It was funny to read from German media that Alfa will have 1.4 MultiAir, 1.75 TBi, 2.0 JTD and Maserati V6 engines. And nothing of that was true.

• savage-It

He likes the Q. it seems...

• Like Like x 3
                  • savage-It

another video quite interesting

• Like Like x 8
                    • hovabongZA

hovabongZA Active Member

If I could afford it I'd have the Alfa over the M3 and C63s. Alfa nailed it first try. The C63s really has temperamental performance blowing hot and cold.

• speed_kills

speed_kills Well-Known Member

The Mercedes should be faster than the BMW. The S has a LSD, so it must the awful wrap that is weighting it down.

• Funny Funny x 2
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Tarek

Tarek Well-Known Member

The QV is just plain brilliance.

• Agree Agree x 3
                        • Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

It must be, otherwise, journalists would have not overlooked the infotainment or poor interior quality. I've it twice on the roads and its straight up sexy in that blood red paint.