1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RENDERS 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLS (gen 3)

Discussion in 'CLS-Class' started by tristatez28lt1, Mar 9, 2015.

1. tristatez28lt1

tristatez28lt1 Well-Known Member

It'll be the car that is the sportiest and most upscale 4 door in the MB lineup. Just like the GT is the sportiest and most upscale car in the lineup. AMG is being split off as a separate brand more and more. There are already showrooms solely AMG branded. The brands that make big margins will be: Maybach = luxury. AMG will be top of the line Sport. MB will be in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Adr5

Adr5 Active Member

• Like Like x 4
      • lukeswiss

lukeswiss Active Member

IMG_0974.JPG

Presented in Geneva, CLS 53 and a CLS 63 with 612 PS 4Matic with an electric rear axle.

• Informative Informative x 3
        • Like Like x 2
        • klier

klier Member

So far it really looks like a Chinese knock off of a Benz.
          And the new A class too. I am going to dislike this new look, I already know it. Everything I've seen so far looks poor.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
          • Agree Agree x 4
          • picsoubmw

picsoubmw Well-Known Member

Didn't really understand everything said in this article, but how relevant is it ?

According to them there will be :
            CLS 43 AMG with 367hp from a V6 ? (E43 AMG already have more despite being inferior in hierachy)
            CLS 53 AMG with 367hp + 122hp from an electric motor (seems to be based on the V6)

And later they speak about the new inline 6 :
            367hp (CLS 450 ?)
            435hp (CLS 500 ? CLS 50 AMG ?)

• Informative Informative x 1
            • tennmb

tennmb Well-Known Member

2018 MY (for US) is going to be a short run. They've already stopped production for 18s, which haven't' even been released for retail. I can't recall that short of a production run.

• tennmb

tennmb Well-Known Member

The margin is exactly the same in an AMG.
              We are an AMG center. You do have access to inventory, and the potential for greater volume incentives, but the margin itself is no different.

• GTA45E

GTA45E Well-Known Member

The hoodline, shark nose and boot treatment is reminiscent of the S Coupe while the roofline is all CLS.
              I believe MB has another winner here on design.

• yomomwhat

yomomwhat Member

Interesting now there is suddenly a mention of a 63 AMG, autobild are usually very good. Strange none of the spy shots/videos have shown anything AMG looking so far?
              But March 2018 Geneva autoshow, if the X class is revealed today and goes on sale next year, so 6 months from March 2018 if I read it correctly, then the AMG will end up being 6 months later like the E/E63 AMG was, so could be looking at up to 18 months for the 63 version, especially outside of mainland Europe?

• tristatez28lt1

tristatez28lt1 Well-Known Member

Your margin as a sales consultant/dealer might be similar, but the operative margin for MB with the AMG models is bigger than with the regular cars. Much bigger.

• Agree Agree x 1
              • Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

The CLS is not a coupe. Sorry if you can't grasp that. So there is nothing in the space right now, but the E63s. Get over it. The whole argument is stupid IMO. Cars come and go and get replaced all the time. The E53 is not just an E43, which is a V6, not an I6, with electrics. There is no such thing as a 4-door coupe. It's marketing bullshit. Again, I mentioned the possible I6 version of the GT4 because you stated that the GT4 would cost more than the GT. WE DON'T KNOW THAT. You don't have a point, just a ridiculous rant with no understanding of anything or how products are introduced to the market. IF, the V8 GT4 comes out and it's more expensive than the standard GT then you say something, until then you don't have squat. Apparently it's really hard for you understand that the CLS is a sedan.

M

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
                • yomomwhat

yomomwhat Member

HAHA, you still miss the point completely and try to pick up on other things to divert focus from the main point. You're hilarious, read your posts back, other than digging the hole deeper, beating around the bush and trying to restore your reputation, you should know better - I am still waiting for you to name the car available at the moment that fits in the gap between the C63 coupe and S coupe? Don't name the E63 saloon again, remember It's not a coupe, keep telling me the CLS is a saloon, yes it has four doors, but a completely different roof line, why not, call it what you want, it still doesn't make up for the lack of a V8 E63 coupe either. You seem to gloss over this point continuously and can't see past the CLS, don't trick yourself though, even if doesn't fit with your narrative, keep focusing on the CLS. So, had I better wait 18 months for that answer? :LOL:(y)
                  "Cars come and go", wooo, getting somewhere here. There is at least an 18-24 month gap in the market where there is nothing coupe wise in between the two with a v8, even when the AMG v8 GT4 comes out, it still won't be priced half way between the C and S Coupe - perhaps rather than posting more drivel, all it takes, save making a fool of yourself, just post the name of the v8 model available at the moment that is a coupe and in between the C63 and S63.
                  Using your own phrases, perhaps you might understand "Apparently it's hard for you to understand there is NO coupe between the C63 and S63. :rolleyes:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
                  • Merc1

Again, sorry if you can't grasp that a CLS is a sedan. If this is bothering you so much, AGAIN, tell Mercedes-Benz.

What hole am I digging? Who are you? Why would would I care? I'm really impressed that you know Mercedes' product plans better than anyone else here.

Again, you don't know where the AMG GT4 will priced so again, you've got squat.

You're the fool because there was never an AMG V8 Coupe between the C63 and the S63 Coupes, only the CLS63 SEDAN.

A "fool" is the on that believes that marketing BS that a CLS is coupe in the first place.

M

• yomomwhat

yomomwhat Member

HA, yet again, let's dissect your most recent post.
                    "never an AMG v8 half way between"
                    so now you're listing just the CLS63 as the only model fitting in between the two coupes but refusing to call it a coupe? But you admit that it fits in between the two coupes....so wait, that confirms my point there is now nothing in between but there was something in between

This time you chose to rightfully ignore the E63 though, what went wrong there, you accepted it's not a coupe, you tell me the CLS and E are both just sedans then go on to list only the CLS four door coupe as filling in between the two coupes but call it a sedan to fit with your narrative? Is there something you're trying to say? haha, finally, well, I never. In your own words the only car in between the two was a CLS, not an E. CONGRATULATIONS. Took several posts to get there, but yea.....the point all along....

So your point sort of got taken down there...

So, never? never an AMG v8 half way between? never? so when the S coupe was the CL, the C was the C, CLK55, CLK63? oh, no, wait, that was only 2009, 8 years ago, did that slip your mind too?

The fact is, it's referred to as a 4 door coupe. You clearly know better and I suggest you ask them to edit their website and brochures for you. Tell them they made a mistake. It spawned a completely new category/shift in design and it's a totally different shape to an E class executive saloon. It was stylish and sporty. It no longer exists with a v8 and doesn't look as if it will next generation either. I have had two. I would have bought an E class if I wanted lots of room in the back and something not so sporty/stylish.

The fact is you said something was available in that gap at the moment then went on to list models that aren't even out. You still can't substantiate your earlier posts. By resorting to calling someone a fool because you can't substantiate your earlier posts and keep jumping around is just comical. You should know better.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or a little bit of looking around on the internet) to see a V8 GT4 will be more exclusive than a CLS63 ever was, will be more than an E63s, it is clearly going to be more expensive than both, anyone can see this, 18 months and I can't wait to revisit this post, every speculative article says the same, therefore putting it close to S coupe territory and not filling the gap between the S and the C. So, like I said before, unless you want a pretty normal looking saloon that looks like a slightly longer C class or slightly short S class with a v8, there is nothing in between, zilch, nada. An S coupe being 2x the price of a c63 coupe. No step in between. Fact.

Again, you previously mentioned the GT4 would be filling this gap, but wait, it's not a coupe (yea, it's a hatchback) but, by your logic, it's just another standard sedan? so still no coupe? I would have thought someone with the knowledge you proclaim and act like you have would be able to see this.

haha, I think my time with you is done, you're getting a little repetitive and just seemto have caught youselft out, may I suggest you read your previous posts, think you got a bit tangled up now, let's revisit in 18 months just for more laughs eh. I don't feel the need to click drama queen when I get into an argument on a forum either, :rolleyes: as long as it makes you feel better, somethings got to, pahaha I'm glad you mentioned the CLS as the only car fitting in between the C and S coupe though....sort of what I've been saying all along....:chicken::facepalm::woot: Well played, well played. Case closed.

• Agree Agree x 1
                    • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, but once again:

• Agree Agree x 3
                      • Winner Winner x 1
                      • Merc1

The problem is that the CLS is NOT A COUPE. What part of that don't you understand here? You said that there was nothing between the C63 and S63 coupes, I suggested the E63, but then you went on to specify "coupe". You're harping about there being no AMG V8 Coupe between the C63 and the S63, and guess what there wasn't one there to begin with, that is the point. The E63 and CLS63 are both sedans, with one being marketed as a coupe which it isn't. You can keep typing that same bullshit over and over, it won't change the fact that they're both sedans. Period. I really couldn't care less about what you THINK the pricing with be for anything else. The fact is that the CLS is a sedan and there wasn't a AMG V8 COUPE THERE ANYWAY.

NO one disputed where the CLS sits, but you can't even get that right. The CLS sits between the E and the S, not the C and the S. You can't close a case when you didn't make one and aren't bright enough to know the difference between a true coupe and marketing BS.

M

• Agree Agree x 1
                        • Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

You can call the CLS a coupe, a sedan, a cabrio, heck, you can even call it John, for all I care.

I just hope it looks good.

• Agree Agree x 8
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Winner Winner x 1
                          • Jimmy

Jimmy Well-Known Member

Maybe Betty will call it Al.

• Adr5

Adr5 Active Member

• Grosser

Grosser New Member

^The front is good looking from the sideways, but headlights are weird looking from the front...

• Friendly Friendly x 1