1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

• Like Like x 3
    • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

Fresh arrival in Abu Dhabi
      IMG_0233.JPG FullSizeRender 3. FullSizeRender 11. FullSizeRender 9. FullSizeRender 5. FullSizeRender 6. FullSizeRender 8. FullSizeRender 7. FullSizeRender 10. FullSizeRender 4.

Who in Abu Dhabi needs 4matic?

• Like Like x 8
      • Winner Winner x 5
      • Pagani

Pagani Well-Known Member

The 560 steering wheel does not look good at all. The FL 63 AMG is a different matter, though.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Yaz

Yaz Well-Known Member

What the....
          You're telling me that gorgeous AMG wheel is not standard on an S63?

• Mick Briesgau

Mick Briesgau Well-Known Member

^ @Yaz, the wheel shown is the normal AMG line wheel. Not that of an AMG S.

• Like Like x 1
          • Dislike Post Dislike Post x 1
          • Mick Briesgau

Mick Briesgau Well-Known Member

• Yaz

Yaz Well-Known Member

But this should be standard on an S63:
            IMG_0022 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 1
            • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

It's standard. MB marketing made the mistake of labeling a regular S with AMG sport as a S63.

Within 2 years time that AMG steering wheel will be in nearly every (real) AMG, so it won't be special for long.

• Informative Informative x 1
              • HUTSUTAo

HUTSUTAo Well-Known Member

image.

Mercedes uk lists the output of the m256 engine as a summation of the ice and isg output.

• Informative Informative x 4
                • Useful Useful x 1
                • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

MB is really loving their new interior combination. Most demos and press cars are configured this way. Looks great

Jury is still out on the standard front bumper. As of now, it's the only bumper I dislike. There's no style to it.

• Like Like x 7
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • The All-New 2018 S560 Maybach next to the first version of the Maybach.

These shots were taken. At Monterey Car Week! Monterey/Pebble Beach, CA IMG_1493.JPG IMG_1494. IMG_1495. IMG_1496.

• Like Like x 13
                    • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

No time wasted by the parts reseller industry; it's still not on sale in most markets yet.

Once you put together the costs from the bumpers, lights, grills, mounts, shipping, labor and coding.... you might as well just trade for a FL.
                      FullSizeRender 3. FullSizeRender 4. FullSizeRender 5. IMG_0282.JPG

• Informative Informative x 6
                      • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

MY2018 S-Classes are now on MBUSA.
                        Link: S-Class Sedan | Mercedes-Benz

MBUSA changes the standard 18-inch wheels every year for reason. Most have looked terrible; this new 18-in 5-spoke is an improvement.

A S-class with a 0-60mph time of 3.3-3.4 seconds still shocks me. Who would've thought?

• Informative Informative x 1
                        • Monster

Monster Global Moderator Staff Member

How do these people get the parts so quickly?

• klier

klier Member

Wait, wait, wait....wait......people are spending 10, 15k (?) on parts for their old car to make it look like something it isn't, creating a full blown fake?

Neat! That truly is Honda Civic level. Cool if you're an S class owner :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
                          • DjordjeC63

DjordjeC63 Active Member

I would never do facelift on non facelift car. Pretty much any car, no matter how worth it is.

• Agree Agree x 4
                            • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

It's become a lucrative global business for these folks.

Usually they pose as a collision repair shop ordering replacement parts, but the facelift isn't even on the market yet... so I don't know how they're doing this. Best believe they're changing a big premium.

More than that actually, especially right now. Idiotic if you ask me and I see them on the streets way more than I should. Something is usually off with fitment or it's incomplete.

One time a shady used car dealership tried to sell a 2007 base S550(500) with 2013 S65 conversion bodykit for used S65 money. Found themselves in big trouble for VIN fraud, or something related.

This was back in 2014 or so, when early S550s were selling in the $30.000 or lower range and late model S65's were still above $100.000.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 5:37 PM
                              • Like Like x 1
                              • hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

Looks like the sunburst wood trim is not longer available. That's a shame as it treaded the line of being dignified and having a lot character.

• Agree Agree x 2
                                • sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

The 0-60 time for the S560 4M is seriously underrated by MB (4.6sec). 4.0L TT, 463hp/516tq, 9speed, & AWD.