- Radical New Honda Civic Type R Prototype Debuts in Paris; Making its North American Debut at the 2016 SEMA Show in Las Vegas
- New Civic Type R Prototype unveiled at 2016 Mondial de L'Automobile in Paris
- First-ever Honda-badged Type R coming to the U.S.
- Features wide, aggressive fascias, extended wheel arches and dramatic rear wing
- Bespoke "brushed aluminium" wrap provides eye-catching finish
- Volkswagen is embarking on its journey to the future at the 2016 Paris Motor Show with the world premiere of the visionary I.D.: I.D. is a highly automated electric car that will cover a distance of 400 to 600 kilometres on a single battery charge. The production version of the I.D. is due to be launched in 2020 at a price on a par with comparably powerful and well-equipped Golf, but Volkswagen is looking even further ahead with this concept car: in "I.D. Pilot" mode, the electric car is capable of fully automated driving - this technology should be ready for series production in 2025. Volkswagen has also set itself the goal of selling a million electric cars a year by 2025; the production version of the I.D. will make a decisive contribution towards this in the ramp-up of e-mobility.
The fact is that the I.D. combines the digitally connected world with electric drive, if required, and heralds a new era of fully automated driving. Analogously, this resulted in a visionary design for the electric cars of the future. It puts the spotlight on the individual: it is positive, honest, and fascinating to look at. Volkswagen has made electric and fully automated driving - the factors that will change everything about mobility - conspicuous with its innovative design language, in the interior, too, where the ambience of the conventional driving environment has been transformed into the interactive centre of a mobile lounge - a supremely versatile Open Space. The spaciousness of this area and the intuitive, clear functionality allow you to experience mobility in a completely new way..
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain: Versatility and intelligence in a striking outfit
Stuttgart. From unpaved tracks to rock climbing or steep serpentine roads to a snow-bound ski lodge – the new E‑Class All‑T errain takes routes where conventional estates often have to give up effortlessly in its stride thanks to greater ground clearance with large wheels and 4MATIC all-wheel drive as a standard feature. And it also cuts a fine figure thanks to its striking look with powerful flared wheel arches and SUV radiator grille. The E‑Class All‑Terrain will...
- Volvo Cars has unveiled the new Volvo V90 Cross Country, completing its 90 Series line-up.
Since the introduction of the first Cross Country almost 20 years ago, Volvo Cars has become synonymous with the rugged all-road, all-weather product category, with a growing stable of Cross Country models.
Volvo Cars' Cross Country models fulfil an increasingly important part of the Swedish automaker's product portfolio as luxury car buyers seek out a more experienced-based lifestyle that occasionally takes them off the beaten track.
"The V90 Cross Country takes the elegance of the V90 and transforms it into an all-road car that delivers safety, comfort and performance in a capable and adventurous package," said Håkan Samuelsson, President & CEO, Volvo Car Group.
With some of the harshest winters on the planet and over 77 per cent of the country covered in forest and lakes, Sweden is the natural place to develop and test extreme durability and all-weather capable cars. This hard-won expertise represents a large part of Volvo Cars' heritage, reflected in the company's Cross Country model line-up...
- The new Mercedes-Benz E-Class All Terrain (X 213) gets confirmed along with the new Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupe, the new smart fortwo electric and, for the very first time, the new smart forfour electric drive. The Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 showcar will be another attraction of the Mercedes-Benz stand at Paris. No word on a possible electric concept car to preview the future EQ models.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Stuttgart/Paris, Germany/France, Sep 15, 2016 - The attendance of this year's Paris Motor Show by Mercedes-Benz Cars is characterised by change, both digitally and electrically: celebrating their world premieres in Hall 5.2 will be the electric drive versions of the new smart fortwo, the smart fortwo cabrio and, for the first time, the smart forfour. A Mercedes-Benz show car embodying a concrete vision of a totally new generation of vehicles with battery-electric drive will also have its world premiere. A new member of the E-Class...
- Mercedes-AMG is blowing even more fresh air into the AMG GT family. Shortly after the world premiere of the AMG GT R, the sports car and performance brand from Affalterbach is presenting two exciting roadster variants of the two-seater sports car. Alongside the AMG GT Roadster, the AMG GT C Roadster enhances the portfolio with a completely new model variant. With an output of 410 kW (557 hp) and peak torque of 680 Nm, the AMG GT C is the most powerful new Roadster variant and uses some of the technical refinements of the AMG GT R. These include active rear axle steering and the electronically controlled rear axle locking differential. In combination with the AMG RIDE CONTROL sport suspension, the AMG GT C Roadster guarantees dynamic performance at the very highest level. The top Roadster also takes its lead from the top AMG GT R sports car where muscular proportions are concerned: the wider rear wings create space for a wider track and wider wheels at the rear axle, allowing even higher cornering speeds and excellent traction. The variable performance exhaust system also ensures an authentic V8 sound from the AMG...
- Autobild reports:
- Keep V12 6.3L
- Definitely no Turbo
- Design: more Dynamism, more racetrack flair, more sports car genes
- Smaller dimensions and lighter
Page 7 of 24