- A couple months ago I was running a Cadillac ATS-V hard up through the canyons of Malibu, California, tailing a BMW M3 and a Mercedes-AMG C63 S as part of a comparison test. I was having a blast in the twin-turbo V-6 monster but couldn’t shake the feeling that something was missing: a V-8. It’s safe to say that the team behind the sixth-gen 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS was a step ahead of me.
Based on the lightweight Alpha platform bones of the Cadillac ATS but with a 1.4-inch wheelbase stretch, the new 2016 Camaro SS features the one thing the ATS-V lacked. Replacing the LS3 V-8 from the previous-generation Camaro is a Chevy small-block V-8, the new Corvette Stingray’s LT1...
- The new BMW M2 is the latest compact sports coupe in a long line of legendary road and racing BMWs, such as the 2002 Turbo, E30 M3 and 1M Coupé. Cast in a similar mould, it brings the concept right up to date with the latest in motor sport derived technology. The result is a powerful performer that delivers genuine driver satisfaction on the road, and extreme capability on the racing circuit.
Powered by a new, specifically developed, 3.0-litre straight-six engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, the latest product from BMW M GmbH produces a formidable 370hp, enabling an electronically-limited top speed of 155mph. When equipped with the optional seven-speed M DCT gearbox, the M2 can sprint from rest to 62mph in just 4.3 seconds.
This superb level of performance...
- This is Ferrari’s F12tdf, the ultimate expression of the F12 Berlinetta which will be built in a limited run of 799 units.
As the name suggests, the F12tdf pays homage to the Tour de France, the legendary endurance road race that Ferrari dominated in the 1950s and 1960s, particularly with the 1956 250 GT Berlinetta which won four consecutive editions.
Ferrari has focused on three key areas while developing the F12tdf: engine, aerodynamics and vehicle dynamics. As a result, the new car is the superlative of the F12 Berlinetta series in terms of acceleration, road holding and agility.
The model is powered by a 6.3-liter naturally-aspirated V12 engine derived from the F12 Berlinetta which delivers 780PS (770hp), 40hp more than in the regular model. Ferrari has also increased by 8 percent the ratio of the front tyres compared to the rear ones for an even more dynamic behavior and has fitted the car with an innovative rear-wheel steering system called...
- The BMW M4 GTS gives BMW M GmbH a new and exclusive technological showpiece which elevates the potential of the BMW M4 Coupe to another impressive new level. With its powerful, motor sport-inspired looks and high-performance technology, the BMW M4 GTS has its sights set squarely on the race track. A lap time of 7.28 minutes around the legendary Nürburgring-Nordschleife, the world’s most exacting race circuit, is a clear statement of this special-edition model’s exceptional abilities. At the same time, the sharpest BMW M4 of all – like its BMW M stablemates – can also hold its own on public roads. BMW M GmbH is launching the BMW M4 GTS in a special edition limited to 700 units to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the BMW M3, which has been in production since 1986. In so doing, it is highlighting the innovative flair of the BMW M engineers in developing trailblazing M technologies on the powertrain, chassis and...
- Cadillac announced a unique project in which its all-new luxury crossover, the Cadillac XT5, will debut at venues around the world in partnership with acclaimed fashion designers Public School. At a private kickoff event, Public School announced it would debut its Pre-Fall collection on the runway in Dubai, in collaboration with the launch of the first-ever 2017 Cadillac XT5. It is also creating an XT5-inspired capsule collection for the special invited guests at the Dubai show in November.
The upcoming XT5 will be the cornerstone of a new series of Cadillac crossovers, all bearing the "XT" designation, with number indicating relative size and position. It succeeds the current SRX, Cadillac's best-selling product line worldwide.
The show in Dubai will mark Public School's first international runway show, showcasing the pre-fall collection that will be...
- Tesla Model X officially revealed with 3.2 seconds 0-60 mph acceleration
New deliveries to start in second half of 2016
Tesla has finally unveiled the Model X electric SUV at a special event in its Freemont factory, California.
The first fully electric production SUV in the world has familiar design with LED headlights and taillights and sloping roofline. Tesla claims the machine has a drag coefficient of 0.24, thanks to its sleek profile and an active rear spoiler that deploys to one of three preset positions when the car is in motion.
One of the most distinctive...
Page 24 of 25