Fuel consumption combined: 9.3 – 8.9 l/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 209 - 203 g/km
Shanghai. Mercedes-Benz is demonstrating its innovative strength at this year’s Auto Shanghai. With the new S-Class, the inventor of the automobile is opening up a whole new dimension of driving. The Concept A Sedan show car provides a glimpse of the next generation of the successful compact cars bearing the three-pointed star. And celebrating its Asia premiere is the extensively redesigned GLA compact SUV.
Mercedes-Benz’s appearance at this year’s Auto Shanghai is headlined by the world premiere of the new S-Class. A host of innovations in efficiency, comfort and automated driving make the best car in the world even better. With the new S-Class, the inventor of the automobile is opening up a whole new dimension of driving and underscoring its position as the leading manufacturer in the luxury automobile segment. Also celebrating their world premieres are the latest versions of the Mercedes-AMG S 63 4MATIC+ (fuel consumption, combined: 8.9 l/100 km; CO2emissions, combined: 203 g/km) and the Mercedes-AMG S 65 (fuel consumption, combined: 11.9 l/100 km; CO2emissions, combined: 279 g/km)..
- VW I.D. Crozz signals new era of long-range electric Crossovers.
Volkswagen says it handles much like a Golf GTI.
After a hatchback and a minivan, VW’s third I.D. concept foretells what will become in a few years a zero-emissions crossover riding on the group’s new MEB platform developed specifically for electric vehicles. With sliding rear doors, a coupe-like roofline and individual rear seats, it’s no ordinary CUV.
Crossover-coupes are certainly not for everyone, but the I.D. Crozz (yes, with a “z”) does look quite interesting with its prominent body creases and futuristic headlights. The way the sleek all-LED taillights extend onto the rear fenders is also a nice touch. We could do without the illuminated VW badges, though. By pushing the wheels outwards, the...
- Stuttgart/Shanghai. With the Concept A Sedan at Auto Shanghai Mercedes-Benz is providing an outlook of the next generation of compact vehicles and a potential, new body type.
The Concept A Sedan show car specifies the evolved Mercedes-Benz design language. Thanks to its purist, surface-focused design featuring reduced lines and gaps, the show car is hot and cool at the same time. The "Aesthetics A" sculpture already demonstrated that the upcoming compact class generation marks the dawn of an even more rigorous implementation of the design idiom of "sensual purity".
"Our Concept A Sedan shows, that the time of creases is over”, say Gorden Wagener, Chief Design Officer Daimler AG. “With its perfect proportions and a sensual treatment of surfaces with reduced lines, it is the next milestone of Sensual Purity and has the potential to introduce a new design era."
- Genesis unveiled its progressive GV80 Concept SUV at the 2017 New York International Auto Show. The new fuel cell concept SUV continues to build on the global brand's expressive and refined 'Athletic Elegance' design direction. The GV80 Concept reveals precision details and a confidently evolved design language that provides subtle glimpses into the bold future of Genesis' design and product development.
The Genesis GV80 Concept is the brand's first interpretation of a versatile luxury SUV, which strikes a perfect balance between elegance and versatility. On the exterior, this is seen in the concept's confident posture and athletic prowess, while the spacious interior indulges passengers and immerses them in technology that connects them to the vehicle. Recognizing the brand's global impact, the GV80 Concept utilizes the latest plug-in hydrogen fuel cell electric technology to combine...
- Previewed by the Concept 40.2, the new compact sedan is expected to go on sale in 2018.
The second generation of the XC60 was Volvo's main attraction at the Geneva Motor Show. It is also being presented to the public through a series of videos that showcase the technological innovations and the high level of safety of the new SUV. Interestingly, in some of these videos, a mysterious compact sedan plays a secondary role. But it's too detailed to be just a CGI object from the environment. A few things indicate that it could be a teaser of the...
- Stuttgart. Mercedes-Benz is completing its E-Class family with the new E-Class Cabriolet. This open four-seater with a classic fabric soft top combines puristic, sensuous design with high long-distance comfort for four occupants and the latest technology. This includes comprehensive smartphone integration with a wireless charging and key function, a widescreen cockpit and the latest assistance systems. Powerful engines and comfortable suspension systems ensure a sporty and luxurious driving experience. On request the Cabriolet can be equipped with the AIRCAP electric draught-stop system and the AIRSCARF neck-level heating system – to enhance comfort when driving with the roof down. For the first time, the Cabriolet is also available with 4MATIC all-wheel drive.
The new Cabriolet is the fifth and youngest member of Mercedes-Benz's E‑Class family, which has been renewed entirely within the space of one year. At the same time, the brand with the star is continuing its tradition of high-calibre cabriolets with a classic fabric soft top. "The passion for extraordinary vehicles...
- DS 7 Crossback is a stylish vehicle that features a wide range of attributes. Taking the first step towards autonomous driving, innovative technologies such as DS ACTIVE LED VISION, DS CONNECTED PILOT and DS DRIVER ATTENTION ASSIST increase safety, comfort and peace of mind for both the driver and the passengers. For the exterior, a new diamond-effect grille, horizontal chrome DS Wings and LED rotating headlamps create dynamic lines on the body front, while the interior is available with a choice of four DS Inspiration ambiences reflecting the DS concept of even more personalisation options.
With its LED light signatures, unique interior stitching techniques, and the motorised watch by B.R.M placed on the dashboard, as featured on DS E-TENSE concept, DS 7 Crossback represents the brand's vision for the future. The SUV will be available with a plug-in hybrid petrol drivetrain with 300hp and 4WD, a new latest-generation Efficient Automatic Transmission with 8-speeds, a THP S&S 225hp engine and two electric motors...
Page 2 of 24