1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some sections can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

Preview: Mercedes-Benz C-class Cabrio

Discussion in 'New MB Models / Vehicles' started by Just_me, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

968141f59f301c46ac06142f1c2cb6a1.

Mercedes’ new C-class is a major leap in performance, dynamics and styling over the outgoing version so it’s not surprising that execs are planning to expand the current sedan into a full-line model range. One of these new models will be a convertible version of the C-class, rumored to hit the market late next year as a 2009 model. Positioned below the CLK, the new convertible will feature two doors and is likely to feature a rag-top in order to keep costs low.

A new CLK is due in the following year, and though this too will be based on the new C-class, it’ll be slightly larger than the sedan and will get a folding hardtop to differentiate it from the cheaper C-class cabrio. The CLK will also get several hand-me-downs from the S-class, including Presafe braking, night-vision and the latest Comand controller.

The new C-cabrio, meanwhile, will share most of its features with its base sedan cousin. Expect the same interior and features list, as well as the same engine options. The base engine will be the same four-cylinder unit from the sedan producing 156hp (115kW), while the range topper will be powered by Mercedes’ 3.5L V6 mated to a 7G-TRONIC gearbox. The rest of the range will rely on a six-speed auto.

• Like Like x 4
  2. RICHBOY

RICHBOY Banned

The rear propositions look weird.:eusa_thin I think the C-Class cab is a bad idea, don't they have enough cabs in the current model range?:confused:

3. ateekt

ateekt Well-Known Member

Nice-looking cabrio but, looks more like a stretched SLK :D...!

335i got (another) company out there :eusa_clap...!

You Deserve a Vacation!  Save up to $50 on Packages with Code GROUP50 . Book Now with CheapOair.com
  4. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

Industry rumors say MB are developing cabrio version of updated C-Class Sport Coupe. So kind a "Sport Cabrio" ;) . A model that will compete with 1er cabrio & 3 cabrio. So, a cabrio based on C SportsCoupe, not C sedan.

Do not expect this car to be competing with 3er cabrio & A5 cabrio & upcoming IS cabrio etc. That's CLK's job.

:t-cheers:

5. coolraoul

coolraoul Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait

The C Sportcoupe is basicly an updated W203. Not a w204! Or did I miss something?

It means this convertible won't be based on the "major leap etc"!!! But on the outgoing C-Class...

And it would be pretty stupid to make the Sportcabrio plus the C-Class cab plus the CLK cab!!!!

So not clear all that...

• Like Like x 4
    Automotix
  6. RICHBOY

RICHBOY Banned

My point exactly!:eusa_clap

You Deserve a Vacation!  Save up to $50 on Packages with Code GROUP50 . Book Now with CheapOair.com
  7. siko

siko Well-Known Member

Ragtop (n)

8. LaArtist

LaArtist Banned

meh i dont belive it..

Automotix
  9. 888

888 Active Member

new c class 63 cab would be something awesome

10. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

I don't believe this either, but it is something I've hoped for a while now, a full C-Class lineup: sedan/coupe/wagon/cabrio. Move the CLK upmarket, but base it on the E-Class chassis. Seemingly they're not going to do that, but instead they're doing a BMWish 1/3-Series thing, one has a soft-top and the other has a hardtop. If the CLK is going to continue on the C-Class chassis I don't see the point of having it and a smaller coupe, they're going to be too similar I think. The CLK will need to seriously be moved up in content/appearance etc.

M

11. roger23

roger23 Member

2010 C-Class Cabriolet

Any information/confirmation on a rumoured 2010 MY c class cabriolet ?

12. Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Re: 2010 c class cabriolet

Zero information so far.

13. coolraoul

You mean the CLC convertible? I don't think it will be made.

The CLK-cab will definitely come, as MY 2010 AFAIK.

14. automech

automech New Member

• Like Like x 3
  15. coolraoul

I don't see it making it into production, would be too much with the CLK. There's also a rumoured CLS based on the C-Class...

16. Mr. Mercedes

Mr. Mercedes Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't see how they're going to find room between the C and the CLK to fit another 4 door coupe and cabriolet. :t-hands: