1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Citroën C5

Discussion in 'Citroen' started by KokkenTor, Jun 15, 2007.

1. KokkenTor

KokkenTor Well-Known Member

d9d463a2c3-1. f498939fcb-1. 82b2448ffe. a102aceda7.

• Like Like x 8
    • Mr. M

Mr. M Well-Known Member

Doesn't look that bad at all. But it lacks the character of a C6 if anything...

• Monster

Monster Global Moderator Staff Member

Looking good indeed, the car has some nice design details, check out the concave rear windscreen. The rear design can be better and the side profile of the car reminds me of the Nissan Maxima. The interior design looks very interesting, check out the steering wheel, it looks like the central hub is stationary while the rest of the wheel moves. Citroën creativity is back, finally

• El Zorro

El Zorro Well-Known Member

The interior looks too busy with all those buttons (the steering wheel has more buttons than the average F1 wheel ;))... The gauges are nice however.

Exterior: the rear lights and trunk design remind me of a Lexus/BMW, not typical for Citroën IMO. The curved rear window is obviously taken from the C6, but it doesn't flow as well with the rest of the design as it does on the C6. The frameless rear doors are a nice touch...

The front lights resemble the C4's and are as beautiful as those of the new Renault Laguna :D The edges could have been a bit more sharper, but they're not that bad...

Overall, nice car, but not very exciting...

• SDNR

SDNR Well-Known Member

....One could die of boredom looking at that. I don't imagine its performance, engineering, or build quality would do much to register a pulse either.

• siko

siko Well-Known Member

It's not bad... at least better than its rival the new Renault Laguna.

• martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Strewth! Another hideous Citroen. Obviously engineered atop PSA's 407 "long-nose" platform. Interior is ghastly; so many facets and angles - what's the idea? Stealth technology turned inside out? What might that do? Scatter body language and facial expressions so that no one actually realises how much you hate yourself for buying such a crap car?

Citroen: Being different just isn't good enough to be cool.

• Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Hmm, interesting design, yet much confusing. Just look at all those shapes and lines both in the exterior and the interior!

Interior. As many pointed out, there are many buttons in there. A german car with triple as much features would have only 5-10 buttons (apart from the I-drive-MMI-Command knob :D ). This type of steering wheel is present in the C4, too. I can't find the idea behind it. The Citroen officials say that this is this way, so that the airbag should be always in the right position. I thought that driver's airbag was circular :D

Exterior. The front is quite nice compared to the Laguna, the main competitor alongside with the 407. I don't like the rear though as well as the window line on the rear doors. It could be much better. It seems that the french designers don't spend much time to design their cars...

• ateekt

ateekt Well-Known Member

Nice looking car...! For sure, got a clear essence from her mother, Peugeot...! Steering wheel is even complicated than German cars :eusa_doh:...!