1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured OFFICIAL Lamborghini Aventador Miura Homage

Discussion in 'Aventador' started by rs271, Jun 23, 2016.

1. rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Top Poster Of Month

Lamborghini Aventador Miura Homage

Automobili Lamborghini presented the Aventador Miura Homage, a special edition of the current Aventador coupe that pays tribute to the Miura, the forerunner of all V12 Lamborghini super sports cars in its 50th anniversary year. Just 50 units of the car will be produced, the majority of which have already been sold, available in selected markets worldwide.

Created by Lamborghini's Ad Personam studio, the Aventador Miura Homage reflects the colors and specifications of original Miura models. The upper body in one color is complemented by the lower body and sill in a contrasting tone. The original Miura was produced in a plethora of color and trims, often to the particular specification of a client, with six of the most iconic solid and metallic colorways selected for the Aventador Miura Homage including Rosso Arancio Miura (solid color); Verde Scandal (solid); and Blu Tahiti (metallic).

The Aventador exterior's homage to the Miura continues with 20"/21" Dione rims in either matt silver or gold. A metallic Miura badge on the side and black Lamborghini logo on the rear, together with a limited edition plate positioned inside the car clearly denominates the Aventador Miura Homage.

Two internal color options are offered, in full Nero Ade or Terra Emilia leather with tone-on-tone stitching and carbon fiber package as standard. The Miura 50th logo is stitched into the upper part of the seats in gold or silver to reflect the car's livery, and the 'Lamborghini' lettering embroidered on the leather dashboard.

The Lamborghini Aventador Miura Homage's V12, 6.5 l engine produces 700 hp at 8,250 rpm and maximum torque of 690 Nm at 5,500 rpm. Accelerating from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in just 2.9 seconds, the Aventador Miura Homage has a top speed of 350 Km/h (217 mph).

The Lamborghini Aventador Miura Homage will be shown as part of Automobili Lamborghini's celebrations for the Miura's 50th anniversary at events during 2016, and the first time at 2016 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

image. image. image. image. image. image. image.

Source: Netcarshow

• Like Like x 5
    • Yaz

Yaz Well-Known Member

Should have given it the Miura's headlights.

• Monster

Monster Global Moderator Staff Member

What a way to tarnish the Miura name. This is where Lamborghini takes the inspiration from
      66e5f6443ecda2b23dc6148b822d7a13.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Padi

Padi Active Member

Looks surprisingly good! Just don't think it earns the homage name through practically just a new paintjob. Like Yaz said, should've at least changed the headlights.

• slicknick

slicknick Active Member

Doesn't do it for me, just like any Winkelmann-era Lambo ... A shame really, because the Miura is an absolute legend

• Beemer B773ER

Beemer B773ER Well-Known Member

Umm srsly? ...that's no Muira homage. Not even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Monster

At the moment, Lamborghini has no idea of how to create brand value, the core products are great, but unfortunately these days people want more than that, and at this level people want to see real substance, such as Ferrari, Porsche and Mclaren. These guys are all competing at the highest level of motor sport, so when they release new cars, people genuinely believe that what they are buying is the best they can get and it is worth the price.

Meanwhile Lamborghini is busy re-bodying the Aventador and finding different color schemes to apply on their cars.

• Like Like x 2
          • Winner Winner x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • slicknick

slicknick Active Member

7b3c3023480db2b12f140b4114e36096.

• Like Like x 1
            • Ervin Humes

Ervin Humes New Member

I agree with you @Monster, but whatever it is I really like a Lamborghini. According to me no other company can compete Lamborghini in terms of color combination. I have seen a blue color Lamborghini last week being transported in the trailer of a car transport company. The car was looking amazing.

• slicknick

slicknick Active Member

No denying that they offer pretty special color combos... Just that we as car enthusiasts wish the cars themselves were as special as the Lambos of the olden days

• shonguiz

shonguiz Well-Known Member

Aventador is a nice car but this hommage is a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
              • Mr Robert

Mr Robert Global Moderator Staff Member

Simply doesn't cut it. It's a paintjob. Had this been from an owner, fine... but as it stands, it's nothing but something going wrong in the marketing department.

This isn't what I imagined when I saw that title.

• Agree Agree x 1
                • Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

Aventador Iron Man Homage would have been a more fitting name.

• Funny Funny x 3
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • SDNR

SDNR Well-Known Member

Great post. I wonder to what degree is Porsche the problem for Lamborghini.
                    I can't help thinking, at this point, Lamborghini would be much better off in the capable hands of BMW.

• Agree Agree x 1
                    • Mr Robert

Mr Robert Global Moderator Staff Member

The brand could very well be up for grabs when VW has to pay itself out of the tricky emmissions situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
                      • Thiago

Thiago Active Member

Beautiful tribute (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
                        • rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Top Poster Of Month

IMG_8674.JPG IMG_8675.JPG IMG_8676.JPG IMG_8677.JPG IMG_8678.JPG IMG_8679.JPG IMG_8680.JPG

• Like Like x 3
                          • Monster

Drove pass the Lamborghini Aventador Miura sitting at the showroom, in the launch color spec. The gold lower side skirt really don't belong to the red/orange color.

• A.P.

A.P. Member

Got some bad news, Lambo will keep pushing out 2 special edition cars per year (2016 had This and Avio) until the SUV starts deliveries to customers.

I don`t get why only Lambo gets shit for doing this though. Mclaren equally slaps on new liveries on their 650/570 and soon 720Ss and limits the production as if it was something very, very special, when its just the same car. They even do it on their really special models like the 675LT and P1.
                            You don`t see Lambo making SV Carbon Series or SV LMs each day lol.

Not saying they never did though. We all remember Gallardo days, don`t we?
                            Though I would say Ferrari beat them all this year:
                            http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ferrar...tes-70th-anniversary-with-70-iconic-paintjobs

• Informative Informative x 1
                            • Monster

The real issue I have is that a company simply don't use the name of their most famous model and slap it onto a different car, spray on some gold paint and call it a "homage"

• Agree Agree x 4