1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some sections can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

Joy Defines the Future. BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept.

Discussion in 'SCOTT27's Info Channel' started by SCOTT27, Aug 26, 2009.

1. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Just saw the video. So is this part of a car, that is seen near the end of the clip, a teaser of the Vision Z2 (or whatever is called) that we are supposed to see in IAA?

3. shonguiz

shonguiz Well-Known Member

Is that a shot of the rear ?

4. terps

terps Well-Known Member

Looks like some part of the rear to me too

5. NarutoRamen

NarutoRamen Well-Known Member

Interesting. No engine sound during the "mountain pass" scenes. Is this gonna be a EV concept?

6. SF Dede

SF Dede Member

7. conan_55

conan_55 Banned

Are there even going to be answers to the questions raised here ?

8. Wunderkind

Wunderkind Well-Known Member

Gimmick!

9. NarutoRamen

NarutoRamen Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. klier

klier Member Premium Member

No.

11. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

12. klier

klier Member Premium Member

^ Three days :t-cheers:

That picture looks way too extreme though. Something we will never ever see even remotely like that on a production car.

13. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

It's a vision ... yet some design elements will showcase the future design elements of BMW cars (especially the sporty ones).

And to quote birdie again: "It will be a shocker!"

I still don't get it ... When BMW shows cars like M3 Concept, M5 concept, Z4 Coupe Concept, CS Concept, X6 Concept, X1 Concept 5er GT Concept people start to bitch those are not real concept cars and why BMW are not showing some more exciting design studies.
    Yet when a design study / tech vision or hommage concept is shown like GINA or the upcoming Vision ED, M1 Hommage or Mille Miglia Coupe Concept some people start to bitch "Oh, that's too drastic."

But that's what you get @ BMW: near-production Concpets, and radical design studies.

Yes, I know what some of you people want ... a near-production version of BMW super-sportscar Concept. ;) :D

You'll have to wait a few more years though.

14. aleks_16

aleks_16 Active Member

will it be a shokcker like " EY thats a sexy sporty car " or like " damn BMW *** IS that " ?????

15. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

But Eni, take a look at this picture. (http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/3102/com.jpg) the design is way to extreme to look like that in a near future.
    With concept cars like M3 etc we know it will pretty much look like that because the design isnt alien like and we also understand it wont take a decade to reach the surface.
    Again , I would be more excited if it was a M5 Concept but this car we see right now, its just a future project and it will take a long long time before it become a reality.

16. dr Dunkel

dr Dunkel Global Moderator Staff Member

It will be one of them but we will not get to know which before it is revealed and even afterwards, we will not have understood it :D

17. AdvEvo

AdvEvo Active Member

I could be lying 6 feet under when such car goes into production.

I want a GT3 RS style concept in the body of one series.

Not much interest in anything else atm.

18. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Since we are going off topic, It's time to bring you back down to earth with a bump.

The question you have to ask is what will the definition of a Sports car be for the future. Think leaps ahead of what is offered today.

But that's BMW for you tomorrows innovations...today.

• Like Like x 2
  19. conan_55

conan_55 Banned

Geez, Toyota and Honda are already working on hybrid sports cars now. What will this "vision" bring to the table that is new? Stop-start tech? Li-ion battery ?

20. dr Dunkel

dr Dunkel Global Moderator Staff Member

We are fully aware that BMW wil not release a sportscar in a long while. 5 years at least. But rest assured that the expectations will be off the charts by then.