1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some sections can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

SPIED! F20/21 Facelift (LCI) Spy pics/renders/discussion

Discussion in '1 Series' started by klier, Dec 6, 2012.

1. klier

klier Member

Looks like BMW admits defeat, the car will be launched as early as summer 2013!

adfd2fa76f4d3481d9f247c204ef0df1.
    21328fc7e72493fe619092047fdffb14.
    a03556b66877484757c3960aa94c23d9.

More in line with the upcoming 2 series, and already looking better than the current fugly snout...the whole front is going to change thank the lord :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. bmwownage

bmwownage Active Member

ok thanks for your info coming from no where?

3. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

His info is indeed backed up by photos which can't be shown here due to copyright issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

Yes, these photos were posted 24 hours before Klier by Just_Me but had to be deleted for the aforementioned reasons.

You can't actually see anything in the photos. Just the front end has a disguise.

5. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

No excuses here, the current front end looks like sh.it and BMW knows it, thus the LCI. Now if they give the rearlights a more L-Shape by changing the part on the bootlid, the 1er could quickly climb as the reference in the segment in the looks department.

It is going to be interesting to read what the Creative Marketing forumers have to say about this, as they seem to be reluctant to admit BMW fails some times.

6. klier

klier Member

There are no copyright issues. The pics are on other sites too, here they are from AUTOWEEK.NL:

9af800624dba2d951cfba68deff406a7.

That site (I can't even write the name of anymore here) can say what it wants. Those pics are freely available on the web. Copyright issues my butt!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

So what´s up guys, that famous BMW blog we use to post pics from has any issues with this site or something? I´m just lost.

8. klier

klier Member

No, you're spot on. The owner of that site doesn't want us to post 'his' pics, and he is being rude to our admin. Don't visit that site anymore!

Edit,

And just to be clear, BMWBlog.com is a great site, there are issues with B(!tch) post.

9. aleks_16

aleks_16 Active Member

If you want to post the name of the website. It deletes it automaticlly :poop:

10. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

OK, I´ve got the message, sorry Jason (or whoever the owner of that site is), I won´t be visiting your damm site any more.

So many ass*holes over the net.

• Like Like x 1
  11. klier

klier Member

No me neither. Pricks.

12. K-A

K-A Banned

SEE GUYS. It shows that complaints DO work and we aren't a "small minority" that "don't affect BMW", and "BMW/Mercedes/etc. don't need 'our' support because we're replaceable".

PROOF, once again (like the E65) that CONSTRUCTIVE criticism works.

Nice to see BMW admitting defeat and correcting this cars front. It was a bad front, we all knew it, despite those who were crazy enough to defend it.

I just feel bad for the poor suckers who bought the first version.

It's just a shame that BMW designers put something so poorly thought out in the first place, which serves as an injustice to their buyer base, but considering they've been nailing cars so much lately, save for some terrible missteps IMO like the GT line, overall they earned a pass.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

Next step, test mules of every Merc with camo on the profile and a change on their character line LOOL just kidding K-A.

It´s true there´s no bad thing in crisitizing what sucks from a design point of view. The 1er was a big fail when we saw the pics, the front is horrible, and the rear looks like a Polo. The side profile looks perfect and the interior is nice, hence the new face will make this car much better.

• Like Like x 1
  14. klier

klier Member

Well the rear is great as fr as I am concerned. It's clean, modern and well...just sexy. Maybe updated graphics for the lights and that's it

eaaff15079a9f50504bde184cbc4c6b2.

15. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

It is not exactly what you think it is.
    In terms of logic it does not make sense to give the car an LCi this early * , especially when the car is generating and providing sales and is successful. And with the advent of the M135i praised by the media which is why the car has a subsequent waiting time now for delivery.

What you see here is actually the sportier front end for the upcoming 2er model. The lights become smaller , sharper and the kidney grille becomes wider - This helps to lower the front end of the car making it more sportier as evident on the side profile picture. The sportier light design conforms to the bloodline as the F20 just as the F32 and F30 share the same genes. The 2er can be looked as a smaller 4er but with more compact proportions , the spyshots of the Cabrio show a more raked back windscreen which helps on the Coupe to make the car lower and more rounded at the overall roof-line.

I recently provided a sneak preview crudely drawn onto an existing E82 sketch.
    Just as the F32 4er was introduced as a concept car , there is something being planned for the 2er in 2013 with a Concept 2 Series aimed at previewing the all new compact BMW coupe.

* (For those that like to engage in the same argument as they did on another site.
    FYI - The E65/E66 7er was launched in late 2001 - The facelift LCi arrived at the Geneva Autoshow in March 2005. It was not facelifted early it was actually on schedule, at its mid-life.)

16. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

Ahhh but that´s not fair play buddy, you just posted the best look possible ;)

17. klier

klier Member

I don't think so. 2er front looks different from FL 1er front to me...

1er FL
    a03556b66877484757c3960aa94c23d9.

2er
    [​IMG]

2er headlights look more narrow compared to 1er FL. Could be the camo, but I doubt it..

And speaking of logic, it didn't make sense to release the 1er with such a front. The M135i is getting great reviews indeed, but trust me, not for it's looks.

I did cheat a bit yes :D
    Bit still the 1er butt is just fine. Maybe a slightly different standard non M bumper perhaps..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  18. IanDriver

IanDriver Banned

Nice ! From FFFFugly to ugly, nice progress :)
    Do this the same with 3,6,7, X1, X3, X5, X6 series.

19. tomazino

tomazino Active Member

As I remember, first 1er was facelifted after 2 and a half years, just in time of the premiere of 1 coupe.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member GCF Guru

You missed 5. If you are going to troll at least do a good job of it.

• Like Like x 3