1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some sections can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

Bugatti Veyron vs. Bentley Hunaudieres

Discussion in 'Internal Combustion' started by Centurion, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Bugatti Veyron vs. Bentley Hunaudieres

I though it would be interesting to compare these who cars since they are from the related and similar in shape, in style and both have a W16 under the hood.

534cb809d64799bc0611f05dea5bc0d2.
    18e1609e8167ed30aca098a11065b494.

2c686106051e1ae7cbfb7e35ea57376f.
    70cc2c3bf80a425ec32f21b8c40128c4.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LaArtist

LaArtist Banned

the bentley by a mile:D

3. Alx

Alx Well-Known Member

Both extremley WICKED cars!!!

Love them both, never heard of the Bentley one. Very cool!

4. Osnabrueck

Osnabrueck Well-Known Member

Kinda moot since they both come from the same company. In any case, the Bugatti by a mile.

5. donau

donau Active Member

When I saw the picture of the Bentley above, a thought just popped in my head: These cars, but especially the Bentley, look just like some cars in the Donald Duck comic books decades ago.

There's a thought for a source for inspiration!:idea:

This post is positively not meant as a sarcastic comment. Seriously, these cars look awesome, but those designs are not new, they were used long time ago in comic books.

6. audi_rudy

audi_rudy Well-Known Member

Both are extremely awsome car. Never heard of the bentley do you have any more info and pics of that car.
    I would just say bentley just because...

7. Mr. M

Mr. M Well-Known Member

Now this is something I never seen before!

I'd take the Bentley. It looks more lithe.

8. SDNR

SDNR Well-Known Member

That Bentley Hunaudieres project pre-dates the Veyron I think.

Both are good ....but I like the Bugatti more.

9. SDNR

SDNR Well-Known Member

I have always thought the Bugatti looks quite "Retro" ...like it was out of a 1930's or 40's comic book.

But perhaps even more so, it seems to be inspired by the "Bolidismo", an Italian design movement from the 1980's.

70d91fc5fe1e19b5ba4365060ee7f531. 7bc3fa3328cc9e646089f0efb878699d.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4364/new2tr0.jpg

10. Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Contributing Member

^^
    As being an expert in design you are correct. The Veyron does indeed have a retro touch to it, especially the interior. It looks kind of 1930-1950-ish.
    Some how it seem like the Bentley marked the start of the Veyron. For you who weren't car freaks back then the Bentley was presented in 1999 and is the home to a W16 developing 640hp. That much not sound that much but back then it was. At that time there weren't no SLR, Enzo, CGT or Zonda.
    The engine is hooked up to a 5 gear manual transmission which is something many of you are probably laughning about since the Veyron is rocking a 7speed DSG tranny.
    As I have said before you can always trace almost andy car back to its roots by looking at old concept car and the Hunaudieres is where the Veyron originated from.

11. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

It is clear that Bugatti took a lot of inspiration from the Bentley, especially in the interior. I'd take the Bentley.

M

12. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right in this. At first it never hit him that they were from the same company, so part of me wanted to call the Bentley (since I thought it came after the Bugatti) a pseudo-Buggatti!

The Buggatti is far more revised and stylish. Maybe the Bentley is a prototype? Not sure.

Or maybe, since Roberto said that the Bentley may more dated than the Bugatti, Bently decided to go ahead and introduce a model, that obviously would never be seen in a bentley line up, to see how the crowd reacted. If they got a positive response then the Bugatti division would know that it is a go? yea I know it is a stretch but a man can dream up these ideas :D