1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some sections can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

SPIED! BMW F34 3er GT: Spy Pics - Renders - Info

Discussion in '3 Series' started by south, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

Yep, you're right. Those are "camo holders", as also seen on the cockpit spy shot.

2. Dixi

Dixi Member

Hmmmmmm... I think this will be my next car :)

3. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

4. Bartek S.

Bartek S. Well-Known Member Contributing Member

405b30941e2beb8928b9c045e771cae9.
    921eb9b9f2a4e8931f132d0602bb1841.
    1f4071cb11455e20c422ebd85bafaa17.
    dd9dde284580966d5b7eb121465796f8.
    9838415ac4aff351823f22f4d9220a46.
    da48e75205e551b60c487de26e038e25.
    d32d28fd37332bccb7beabcd0401390e.
    d424237f79bff67d24d1a2d761817a12.
    ca6002735ed63c285ad750b0a205eb84.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Damn, it must be soft!

The Bilstein/Eibach solution never felt more neccessary on a BMW :D

You Deserve a Vacation!  Save up to $50 on Packages with Code GROUP50 . Book Now with CheapOair.com
  6. shonguiz

shonguiz Well-Known Member

The side vente is ridiculous, hope it won't be a new trademark for BMW as it look cheap and out of place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. deity

deity Active Member

I actually quite liked the 5erGT for what is was, and I'm pretty comfortable with this one as well. A little less awkwardly shaped, though the front seems a little odd for some reason. I really hate the side vents though. On some angles it looks okay, but when you can tell that it's just a cheap piece of plastic...it's quite unbecoming.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

I was sold on the 5GT now even more so on the 3GT. Damn fine looking machine who's 'face' just emphasizes That Powerful Presence:cool: boldly! So athletic....I am bowled over:love:

Automotix
  9. Top Secret

Top Secret Well-Known Member

How unfortunate.

• Like Like x 1
    Automotix
  10. bmwownage

bmwownage Active Member

looks pretty good imo, what's wrong with it? think those vents are exclusive to GT models? don't know but overall shape looks good, face looks good, wonder how they would price it, could steal sales from the F10.
    i dont' know i think this front end looks better than the F30...

Automotix
  11. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member GCF Guru

Looks as ungainly as a pregnant chick, just like it's elder sis.

• Like Like x 1
    Automotix
  12. tomazino

tomazino Active Member

941a7f013ce458df6bd8663d7027e3f9. 3c1b5a748f0dda0f494b8bbad24403b9.

• Like Like x 3
    You Deserve a Vacation!  Save up to $50 on Packages with Code GROUP50 . Book Now with CheapOair.com
  13. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

Oh wow. That front end looks superb. If the coupe looks like that then all will be forgiven.

Why would BMW be so careless to do the photoshoot in public like this? It looks like they're shooting the photos for the brochure.

Anybody know which American city they were taken in? I would guess so somewhere warm like Miami or Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
  14. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    Automotix
  15. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

Oh God... What a fugly BMW. The stance and proportions are far far worse than those on the 5er Gt and of course, far worse than the R-Class ones. The rear doesn´t convince me neither. The front, on the other side, looks very nice, the kidneys are probably the nicest ones in the current line up, and the front lighst integration with them, much better than in the F30.

Automotix
  16. PHYBENZ

PHYBENZ Well-Known Member

I love the matte black ML they use for video. Amazing that truck is used in all these photo/video shoots.

As far as GT, it doesn't look that bad. I think it looks better than the 5 and the integration of the grill and lights is far better than the regular 3.

Automotix
  17. K-A

K-A Banned

Wow, that looks weird and awful. I even see some Audi in the greenhouse. That side vent looks so cheesy, out of place, gimmicky and cheap.

The front, however, actually looks good! Seems the grille is different from the F30 and executed much better. In contrast to my comments on the 4-Coupe thread, looks like BMW might be hopefully finding their groove with the new interpretation of the kidneys! (finally)

18. donkeykong

donkeykong Well-Known Member

Why were the other pics deleted?

Automotix
  19. DocM

DocM Active Member

no thank you BMW, you can keep it. For me the front doesn't work. the lights merging with the kidney grill looked benign at first, but just plain grotesque after a second look and already looks dated. profile is horrible, and the rear 3/4 just plain wrong.
    wonder who this car is aimed at?

• Like Like x 1
    Automotix
  20. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Yikes. I don't get it, why another one of these when the 5GT is a dud already?

M