1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some sections can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

SPIED! BMW 5 Series F10 Facelift Spy Information

Discussion in '5 Series' started by Milanno, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

Now I understand why F30 has no LED's; because they wouldn't have anything to update for facelift if it already had LEDs since release. (n)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Automotix
  2. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

The latest Autobild previews the LCi BMW 5er which shows what lies behind the camouflage tape.
    As per modern BMW and integrated as EfficientDynamics. The 5er LCi inherits Air curtains , as well as new detailing , a re-profiled nose with slightly faired in headlamps and optional LED adaptive headlights. The change is not radical as the 5er maintains its position as the segment benchmark. Of course there will be significant changes to engine options and for entry customers the BMW 518 makes a return since the E34 albeit in d form. Engineers have also incorporated slight changes to the car's steering as well as incorporating BMW's cylinder dimming introduced on the 7er. Both the BMW 5er Touring and 5er Gran Turismo will debut at the same time.
    image.

• Like Like x 6
  3. klier

klier Member

All changes are improvements ^^^

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    You Deserve a Vacation!  Save up to $50 on Packages with Code GROUP50 . Book Now with CheapOair.com
  4. EMpower

EMpower Well-Known Member

Like the grill, if that will end-up on production. When is the LCI out?

5. Smithee

Smithee Member

Best looking car in the current BMW line-up.The above facelift makes it look even better.

The E39 was the best designed 5 series, this is a close second.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Automotix
  6. Cabasse0

Cabasse0 Active Member

• Like Like x 3
    You Deserve a Vacation!  Save up to $50 on Packages with Code GROUP50 . Book Now with CheapOair.com
  7. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

^^^

SCOOP! Facelifted 535Li

20130221165129a03f5. 2013022116512748e23.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Will

Will Active Member

nice update, nothing special

9. Hofmeister

Hofmeister Active Member

^
    ^
    So the "35" models from now on are going to use the twin quadrilateral exhausts ( like on the 550i ) instead of the previous twin round tailpipes......? Or is that just for the LWB?

10. Huckfeldt

Huckfeldt Banned

Not enough. New E kills this.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DblPen

DblPen Active Member

not enough what? changes? it doesnt need them like E

• Agree Agree x 1
    Automotix
  12. Huckfeldt

Huckfeldt Banned

It DIDN'T, but now after the new E is out, it DOES. WE carnuts could tell the minor differences, but everybody else -which is EVERYONE- can't. People will talk about how the E is fresher.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

This is how you make a facelift. No dramatic changes like E-class or the old BMW E65. If the sales are good you dont have to change much, simple as that. Besides , after these years 5-series still looks elegant and stylish.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Automotix
  14. klier

klier Member

CAPS enhance your point!!

ROFL!
    And cut the off topic E class talk!

Automotix
  15. DblPen

DblPen Active Member

It doesnt matter, im sure they were talking about e60 being a lot more fresher than e39, it doesnt mean its more beautiful and elegant. Those major facelifts are such a short term strategy. And i only agree about e class being fresher from the front, other than that - in your terms 5er kills it.

16. LaArtist

LaArtist Banned

Looks even more like the 7er now from the rear.. which is not a bad thing.

And im sorry but i cant pin point the difference in the front other than the aluminum parts of the bumper.

Looks pretty dull for now.. but that's mainly due to the quality of the pictures and the color of the car.

But undoubtedly the E class has done something to the Facelift game..like the FL or not..every FL in comparison looks like a half assed effort..

The E class FL makes that car look like a brand new model almost.. something that will confuse uneducated eyes into believing its the newer car..even when the FL 5er debuts later..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Automotix
  17. rurella

rurella Well-Known Member Premium Member

^

Off topic, but I must respond so forgive me for perpetuating the conversation regarding this matter. Simply put, the E-class "substantial" FL was needed because the old car looked like crap.

The F10 is a great success in my view design wise and therefore did not need as much "help". The changes are subtle but sharpen the appearance of an already great looking car.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. LaArtist

LaArtist Banned

^If this is how your crap looks, can i have your ass?

:D

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Automotix
  19. DblPen

DblPen Active Member

Thats the problem for me, it almost disrespects prefl car and makes it unwanted. And i loved prefl E front! Probably even more than fl one, its just that overall shape of the car doesnt work for me

• Like Like x 1
  20. -=Hot|Ice=-

-=Hot|Ice=- Well-Known Member

Mercedes changed that front end of the E three times in total. Twice BEFORE the major refresh. I wonder why.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Automotix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.