1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFFICIAL Audi TT RS Plus Revealed

Discussion in 'TT' started by martinbo, Feb 10, 2012.

1. martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Autocar Reports on newly revealed TT RS Plus

[Broken External Image]:http://cdn.images.autocar.co.uk/612x408FFFFFFF/Car/Audi/TT/Audi-TT-921212104165561600x1060.jpg[Broken External Image]:http://cdn.images.autocar.co.uk/612x408FFFFFF/Car/Audi/TT/Audi-TT-921212104174471600x1060.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://cdn.images.autocar.co.uk/612x408FFFFFF/Car/Audi/TT/Audi-TT-921212104182591600x1060.jpg[Broken External Image]:http://cdn.images.autocar.co.uk/612x408FFFFFFF/Car/Audi/TT/Audi-TT-921212104386351600x1060.jpg

Source: Hot Audi TT RS plus revealed - Autocar.co.uk

• Like Like x 16
    • DeDe

DeDe Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Looks fantastic with this black-red combo! 4,1 s? The TT RS S-tronic already did 3,9... this thing will be a monster.

• Like Like x 2
      • Levi68

Levi68 Banned

I bet Deckhook and Poverty love this car. Performance is impressive, but I like the Quattro Concept with its longitudinally placed engine far more.

• Like Like x 2
        • Tumbo

Tumbo Audi/MB/VW/Lambo fan

Where can I order one? :)

Man, as DeDe already said.. the normal RS does 3.9 seconds.. So this thing will sure be a monster that will give even an R8 GT a run for its money!

• Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

So, we can expect an RS3 Plus soon?

• Levi68

Levi68 Banned

No I do not think. When we'll se this TT-RS Plus @ Geneva there we'll also see the all new A3.

• Like Like x 2
          • klier

klier Member

autoweek reports 0-100 km/h in 4.1 seconds for the S-Tronic version, and 4.3 seconds for the manual gearbox (360 hp version)

And Audi.nl reports 4.3 seconds 0-100 km/h for the TT RS S-Tronic, and 4.5 seconds 0-100 km/h for the 6 gang manual (340 hp version)

Don't know where in the world 3.9 seconds comes from, probably some real life test in optimum conditions with the best possible tires...
            But yea, this car will be a monster no doubt, and will definitely go below 4.0 secs 0-100 km/h in some tests....and will do 4.3 secs in other tests...

0-100 km/h is meaningless in a car with this kind of power and AWD. Better check 0-200 km/h, or 0-300 km/h and the TT will be annihilated by the R8 GT like there's no tomorrow.

• Gianclaudio

Gianclaudio Well-Known Member

Well, in Car & Driver or Motortrend, they did it in 3,6 seconds, but I not trust a single word coming from them.

• Like Like x 2
            • Zafiro

Zafiro Well-Known Member

Not a car I would spent extra money on. I rather pick a standard TT-RS. And whats up with red wheels? stupid idea.

• DeDe

DeDe Well-Known Member Contributing Member

3,9 s came from AutoBild Sportscars. AMS did 4,1 s with the normal TT RS S-tronic.

4756c5039fa8862f19aca6b24a250076. aaa6ffadff2ef92a36919a82670386db. 9dfdc350071a9310fc72029e35536d09.

• Like Like x 4
              • Deckhook

Deckhook Banned

It's very easy to dismiss the TTRS when you haven't driven one but if you have you can't not be won over by the way it accelerates and all from a tiny 2.5L engine.

The extra 20 horses aren't really necessary but are still welcome but for me I can't wait to see how much the new chassis will improve things in its replacement.

• JLBM

JLBM Well-Known Member

What's the big deal? That's hardly a significant increase in power, I doubt you'd even feel it..

• Tumbo

Tumbo Audi/MB/VW/Lambo fan

I can tell you at least 5-6 tests when the TT RS S-Tronic went between 3.6-3.9 seconds to 100km/h. It's that fast.
                The last RS6 had 4.5 seconds in the books, but did 4.1-4.2 in many tests (sedan). Audi are very careful with the numbers nowadays.

• Like Like x 2
                • donkeykong

donkeykong Well-Known Member

Yup,or at the very the same power boost.

• Zafiro

Zafiro Well-Known Member

• klier

klier Member

May 2012, RS3 Plus?

BMW has to come with 1M CSL :D :D

• Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

I doubt that the 20hp extra, will make the RS3 as fun to drive as the 1M :D

• Deckhook

Deckhook Banned

Different customers for each car so I did see BMW needing to compete here. The RS3 is an extremely quick cross-country mile muncher which an extra 20hp will only increase this ability even more, it's definitely no track star.

• MathewBMW

MathewBMW Member

True. Give me 408 PS from this 2.5-litre and a longitudinally-mounted engine, with a proper quattro system. That one with Torsen centre differential. Not the Haldex 4WD based-on-demand. Nor the crown-gear diff (RS5, A5/S5 facelift). And let's not forget the MTM A1 (or the 'original' A1 clubsport quattro for the Wörthersee) with 503 PS. But that would be an extra-large-Plus version. :)

• Mr Robert

Mr Robert Global Moderator Staff Member

Thanks M, nice find! However, what Audi really needs to do with this car is a TT RS Minus....

And that's fine. Why on earth would Audi try to build a car that would to head to head with the 1M when Audi can make five times the money doing what Audi does best?