1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some sections can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

SPIED! Audi S1 - Spy pics & info

Discussion in 'A1/S1' started by Tumbo, May 23, 2011.

1. Tumbo

Tumbo Audi/MB/VW/Lambo fan

[Broken External Image]:http://imgs.worldcarfans.co/2011/5/23/large/1155123543984813788.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://imgs.worldcarfans.co/2011/5/23/super/192502298435076254.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://imgs.worldcarfans.co/2011/5/23/super/1023363814681332936.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://imgs.worldcarfans.co/2011/5/23/super/123471724889523189.jpg

If the Audi A1 1.4 TFSI didn't win you over, perhaps you'll be interested in the 2012 S1.

Spied near the Nürburgring, the prototype features an aggressive body kit, aluminum accents and a dual exhaust system. Other goodies include a sport-tuned suspension, a high performance braking system and massive alloy wheels.

Power will reportedly be provided by a turbocharged 1.6-liter engine that produces 220 PS (162 kW / 217 hp). It will be paired to a new quattro all-wheel drive system that has "an electronically controlled, hydraulically actuated multi-plate clutch located in front of the rear axle for an optimized distribution of weight."

No word on when the car will be unveiled, but stay tuned for additional information.

Read more: Audi S1 spied near the Nürburgring

• Like Like x 5
  2. -=Hot|Ice=-

-=Hot|Ice=- Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  3. Tumbo

Tumbo Audi/MB/VW/Lambo fan

Wow!! Having the car standing just like that unwatched...? Gotta be a advert-trick.. Promotion for sure!

Anyways, I love it!!! Love it god damn much!!! This little baby with Quattro and 200 ponnies... swiiisssh!!

4. donkeykong

donkeykong Well-Known Member

Yup,it really looks good there. Great find!(y)

5. martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Well maybe it's got 200 ponies but it definitely doesn't have quattro.

6. mini_cooper4

mini_cooper4 Well-Known Member

The reason why I hope that's not the S1...

7. Deckhook

Deckhook Banned

It can't compete with the image of the Mini Cooper S could it's an icon and the other ain't but it still has a lot of appeal due to it's minature size and probably sizeable output. Love the seats, Audi do that better than anyone I feel, though i don't think this is the real thing, the lack of quattro and being a manual instead of S-Tronic are two things I would have expected it to have as standard.

8. donkeykong

No Audi "S" model is ever with out Quattro.;)

9. hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

I dig the body-color keyed red seats, but I can't help thinking if there's an accident and the rear passenger slams into that. I guess that's what seatbelts are there.

10. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

And no Quattro equipped car is ever without a rear differential ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. donkeykong

Good eye didn't see that.
    :t-cheers:

12. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Well-Known Member

This is going to be mental, but whats it competing against? Audi do a 1.4tsi with 180ps as standard which is on par with the Polo Gti, Ibiza Cupra and Fabia Vrs!

13. martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Exactly Giannis. Now compare this pic from the (supposed)RS1 thread and see the multi-link rear suspension, driveshaft and aluminium hub carrier. That's quattro's rear diff and driveshafts for sure.

94e2c001b9966346a87fb6258cf83a69.

Compare it with the Torsion Beam rear axle from the car mooted in this thread as the S1 and you'll see that AWD is not possible:

522fa25a92ccb492c2289daa80b883f9.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Contributing Member

15. Deckhook

Deckhook Banned

Not too happy with the engine choice purely from a weight distribution perspective because I can't imagine how something with such a short wheelbase won't understeer a lot.

16. jokejoe

jokejoe Member

17. Deckhook

Deckhook Banned

^1.6L, I wonder where I heard that before. lol

18. IanDriver

IanDriver Banned

S1 or RS1?

19. JHF

JHF Well-Known Member

Bodywork looks like the RS1.

20. JHF

JHF Well-Known Member

Rumored is the RS1 will get 2.5 TFSI. Hope so ;)