1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured OFFICIAL Aston Martin DB 11

Discussion in 'The Aston Martin Lounge' started by Pedro Alexandre, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Pedro Alexandre

Pedro Alexandre Active Member

2. slicknick

slicknick Active Member

Killer design, no surprises right there...especially the side shot below

8bbe69f9e5dfeae3d4a69ff0ec8f2db7.

So looking forward to more details on the performance... That 600 bhp engine must be pretty pucker too

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • klier

klier Member

Wow, fantastic.. Can't wait to see the interior, should be a huge upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • lafars

lafars Active Member

ssems to take inspration from the one-77 at the front and the vulcan at the rear

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I don't like it. I think the lines behind the front wheel arch which connect with the opening look very odd. Maybe they'll grow on me. Maybe it'll look better in real life when I see it on Friday, but right now I think it's weird looking.

• Agree Agree x 3
          • PanterroR

PanterroR Well-Known Member

Rear doesn't look that "mighty" anymore, something is wrong there... I don't know, it is is too strict for my taste, they could have done much better than that... But front and side profile are as usual and typical for Aston Martin - flawless!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
          • LaArtist

LaArtist Well-Known Member

Like the rear, profile is wierd, mainly due to the silver in the roof.

Front is not good, hate the headlight graphics

• Agree Agree x 1
            • SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Impressive but there is kind of a Jaguar-esque feel to the design.
              Like its an XK replacement. It has F-Type overtones.

• DjordjeC63

DjordjeC63 Active Member

I like it. I'm really interested in interior.

• Agree Agree x 1
              • shonguiz

shonguiz Well-Known Member

Less pure than the absolute legend it's replacing, but it's as desirable as ever.

• Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

I agree with that above, less pure, not quite as pretty as before, but more edgy and up to date. Interior please. Overall, this was desperately needed.

M

• Porsche Guy

Porsche Guy Well-Known Member

Design is awkward from the B pillar rearward. Feels like a mix between the DB9 and Peugeot's RCZ.

5e246a3b946f5ae2e71602fdd83b091e.

• Monster

Monster Global Moderator Staff Member

It is impossible to go wrong with the classic front engine rear wheel drive coupe proportions, however the DB 11 is plagued with fuzzy and unnecessary details. The rear end is unique and looks quite stunning however the rest of the car is a let down. Like Betty have said, I am not convinced by that line connecting the wheel arch to the side vents.

• Agree Agree x 1
                • martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Echoing the prevailing sentiments: there appears to be an excess of superfluous detail blended into an otherwise classic Aston Martin silhouette.

It's not all bad though - there are some intriguing details and I think that with familiarisation the DB11 may grown on people.

• Agree Agree x 2
                  • Jimmy

Jimmy Well-Known Member

The accentuated, more precise flank creases. The rear-end with its' interesting 3-dimensional taillamps. Killer proportions.

Dislikes:

The dark strake, "floating roof" theme evident on the cars' A and C pillar bases. The unfortunate "open" front wing vents.

• Like Like x 1
                    • Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

It's unmistakably an Aston Martin. They have used the exiting design language as a template and given it a makeover.

As other have said, it's not the world's prettiest densign or form, but desirable enough to get a thumbs up. However the rear doesn't escape my criticism. It's very busy and the silver pillars don't help.

• JHF

JHF Well-Known Member

• martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Ok so what's the bet that those contrasting colour roof arches are going to make for a customisation element when customers are speccing their cars?
                      You could have them in black, body colour, metallic, etc to your tastes - plausibility?

• Agree Agree x 2
                      • klier

klier Member

Certainty.

The car looks absolutely sensational in the real life pics. A modern Aston, not some '90s design again. One of the positive standouts is the design of the front wheel arch with integrated vent on the side. Very, very nice.

So they are going to keep the interior hidden for now? I can't wait to see it with MB parts/quality control.

• Agree Agree x 4
                        • Jimmy

Jimmy Well-Known Member

I just knew that the DB11s' front wing vents reminded me of another famous British sportscar brand and a styling theme that was implemented approximately 60 years ago:

Jensen 541 (1).

• Informative Informative x 3
                          • Useful Useful x 1