1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint

Discussion in 'The Alfa Romeo Lounge' started by hoffmeister_fan, Feb 8, 2016.

1. hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

I think I might be in love with this car....

And Giugiaro was 17 years-young (!!!!!!!!) when he designed this absolute masterpiece...just flipping amazing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jimmy

Jimmy Well-Known Member

The series 105 Giulia Bertone coupes were (and remain) amazing cars.

• Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Same hear, my friend, same here!

• Sayyaaf

Sayyaaf Well-Known Member

I saw one for the 1st time when I was taking delivery of my GTS. the owner brought it to sell it and it was getting polished. Problem is that no one seem to know how to work on older alfas. design wise It was fantastic ..

• klier

klier Member

So how is it possible a kid designed this??

• Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

With great care.

The father of a friend of mine used to run an old Alfa and maintain it all by himself. He would remove the valve cover every now and then to check the valve clearance and then screwing it back was the most stressful time of the year for him. You see, the valve cover was U shaped and instead of two bolts in each side (at intervals of course), there was a row of them on the top of the U.

Breaking the cover in two was less than half a Nm away from the proper fastening torque.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Sayyaaf

Sayyaaf Well-Known Member

how is that fun :D

I love the shape, couldn't start the car as the owner wasn't there although he planned to list it for sale. I just didn't see the potential for that car where I live. Alfas are completely unknown in this region.