1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured OFFICIAL 2018 Lexus LS

Discussion in 'LS' started by Sniper, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Yaz

Yaz Well-Known Member

Wow, Lexus WTF happened after you signed off the LC?
    Front looks OK. Side, back and overall proportions look more like a fancier ES/Avalon with Prius taillights.
    Still no Apple Car Play or Android Auto when everyone has been trashing Toyota for ignoring that.
    When is Toyota gonna realize Lexus Enform freaking sucks?

Yeah, they look out of place for an LS. They were used in the LFA and now the LC, but the LS isn't a sports car. They've even gave it the LFA inspired tachometer. Maybe they'll toss it in the LX next year :D

2. LaArtist

LaArtist Well-Known Member

One must laugh.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • ThroughandThrough

ThroughandThrough Well-Known Member

Here's a comparison I made of its "competitors":

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 10.10.45 PM.

• Like Like x 10
      • HUTSUTAo

HUTSUTAo Active Member

The new v6 engine in the ls500 is impressive. 4.5s to 100kmph. That is even faster than the V8 s500. I wonder if the new in line 6 in the face lifted w222 will be able to keep up with this super fast lexus.

• they tried too hard to build this brand identity thing,
        the L shape is too edgey for the interior

• JLBM

JLBM Well-Known Member

Let down through and through. It's a spruced up, larger Camry. And the Nav/UI feels 8 years old.

• rs271

rs271 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Top Poster Of Month

• Like Like x 2
        • fredilon

fredilon Member

I'm not fan. The rear doors are Tesla-looking,... :(
          But the front and the interior are OK.

• Sovereign

Sovereign Active Member

The order would have been right if the 7 had appeared below the S...:)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • lafars

lafars Active Member

• Like Like x 3
            • Mr. Mercedes

Mr. Mercedes Well-Known Member

Maybe the design ended up like this because it's going to feature in the new transformers movie? (n)

• Funny Funny x 3
              • BKK-ES

BKK-ES Well-Known Member

I like it. It does look good, at least for me. For me, it's a bit too much similar to ES. Interior is amazing.

• Agree Agree x 4
                • Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

I know we aspire to Mercedes-Benz and everything about them, but I think we both wanted to see a stunning LS as a good alternative. I don't know what the hell they did here, but the car is a mess. That said, I'll see it in person this Saturday and I'll know how I truly feel about it then. It's the side/rear treatment, way too clumsy.

M

• Agree Agree x 1
                  • SDNR

SDNR Well-Known Member

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I quite like it. Sure, some of the details are slightly jarring but at least it's no longer trying to look like its rivals. The interior is not as well conceived as it might have been ...but even the S class Maybach is not perfect.

This is the first LS I actually like.

• Agree Agree x 2
                    • ThroughandThrough

ThroughandThrough Well-Known Member

The unresolved character lines and horrible proportions are the LS' worst enemy, aside from what it believes its competition to be.

I'm not particularly fond of BMW's G11, but at least it harmoniously blends sport and elegance.

This generation LS tries too hard to do everything, kind of like that over-competitve sorority sister we all know.

• Agree Agree x 2
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Eng.ahad

Eng.ahad Member

WTF are those 2 things on the top of the dashboard ??? seems to be traction controller and other function, they look damn ugly !!

Car buttons including windows, parking brake and others looks very cheap. The infotainment system looks 10 years old !! BMW 7 series 2002 Idrive graphics is more modern.

Exterior is an oversized Camry, looks more Korean than Japanese, the only Japanese manufacturer that is still making beautiful designs is MAZDA, I think infiniti used to make beautiful cars but recently they got lazy.

Overall I like how the interior layout is, you can feel some high quality touches but they are ruined by other cheap elements, the exterior is a no for me, looks too much similar to Hyundai Genesis

• sako97

sako97 Well-Known Member

A look at the interior of the LS500 IRL:
                        Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.23.02 AM. Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.23.37 AM.

For the first time ever all the buttons and switches are bespoke to the LS (and LC)

This portion just looks off: Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.33.03 AM.

What I find interesting is that the Q3 market launch in the US is roughly the same as the S Facelift. Strategically planned?

• Like Like x 1
                        • Sovereign

Sovereign Active Member

The first and the second generations LS is still the best looking Lexus IMO. Similarly the original SC was quite a looker. Then came a period of bland Lexus cars. And now its too over designed. The "Predator" face is not attractive at all, in pictures or IRL. If they tone down the front the car may become lot more appealing. I like the side and the rear profile. And the interior looks like a nice and comfortable place even if there are hints of other cars here, but its well put together.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

• Funny Funny x 3
                            • Winner Winner x 1
                            • EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

a55647810684721cbbd236a47ee0c523.

• Agree Agree x 1
                              • Funny Funny x 1
                              • Winner Winner x 1