1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some sections can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

2015 BMW 1 SERIES SEDAN (M VERSION)

Discussion in '1 Series' started by Betty Swollocks, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

Artists impression of the 4 door 1 Series in M guise.

A 1 Series sedan is likely to come, but whether they make an M version is another matter. Obviously the render is 100% imagination but it does look good. The article suggests the M car will arrive in 2015 and could be based on the 2 Series chassis. The article claims that BMW bosses have already settled on a development of the N20 2.0 litre 4-cylinder engine.

0f7b3236b88ccad03cfc0b2d44992c06.

• Like Like x 6
  2. as7920

as7920 Active Member

"New M1". Sheesh, will they EVER stop using that headline.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Interesting and much needed since the 3er has grown so much in size...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Betty Swollocks

I don't like the way they say "revealed". Nothing is revealed here. It's just a figment of their imagination.

Anyway, I still bought the magazine as it has a nice article comparing the E30 M3, E46 M3 CSL, and the E92 M3. And an 8 page test of the 330d Touring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

6. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Effectively the M car will be based on the 2er and be the Gran Coupe variant of the 2er Coupe adding 2 extra doors with a slightly longer wheelbase and roofline. This will be BMW's answer to the Mercedes-Benz CLA but will be RWD.

Recently BMW's board of executives have fallen for a MINI sedan design concept and are ready to greenlight the project for a concept and eventual production model. And I have to agree it is a great looking car - It uses the MINI floating roof and wraparound glasshouse but the rear of the car is similar to the Paceman and the front utilises faired in bullet shapes for the headlights reminiscent of the 2008 MINI Crossover Concept. In visual terms MINI sedan will be a stand alone model.

To provide greater economies of scale A FWD BMW sedan will become part of the new BMW FWD family. Expanding BMW's entry sporthatch to include a sedan variant aimed at markets for rising sales of small sedans.
    As BMW announced lately that up to 11 models could appear from BMW on the UKL architecture with MINI, providing better profits and increased global sales for the small cars division.

So far the BMW/MINI UKL family stands as...

BMW 1er Urbanic Compact 3/5dr - Upcoming City hatch based on next MINI, BMW's Audi A1 rival.
    MINI 3/5dr - Increased demand leads to the next generation MINI due next year with five drs for the 1st time.

BMW 1er Sedan - Baby sedan off the UKL architecture aimed at global markets for small sedans.
    MINI Sedan - Sporty four dr MINI aimed at increasing markets for MINI products, potentially could be MINI's best global seller overtaking the Countryman.

BMW 1er Active Tourer - Production version of Active Tourer Concept launched at Iaa 2013.
    MINI Traveller - MINI variant of the Active Tourer. Designed to show how both cars can co-exist with individual style and flexibility.

BMW 1er Urbanic Roadster - BMW's open top variant of the City car inherits two seats only with a rear deck with layed butresses like the BMW 6er Cabrio and BMW i8 designed for clip on roof panel.
    MINI Cabrio - Latest F56 rendition of the popular open top MINI.

BMW Z1 Sportster - To provide greater economies of scale The Z1 will be BMW's equivalent to the MINI Coupe and Roadster , but will be FWD and powered by more powerful three cylinder engines. Design derived from well-received 2011 Vision ConnectedDrive concept car.
    MINI Roadster - Next Roadster and Coupe will launch with a sportier look which is completely seperate from the standard MINI. MINI design elements will feature but bodywork is not based on the hatch family.

BMW Z1 SportCoupe - Coupe version of the Z1 will complete the BMW Z twins against the MINI twins.
    MINI Coupe - Coupe version of Roadster , more individual in appearance.

BMW X1 - Next generation of highly successful SAV moves to the UKL architecture to offer more flexibility.
    Also available with xDrive.
    MINI Countryman - Next generation of the global MINI juggernaut. heavily shared with BMW X1.

BMW X2 - Sport Activity Coupe variant of the next BMW X1 , FWD with optional xDrive and the first BMW SAC to appear as both a 3dr and 5dr.
    MINI Paceman/XL - Next generation of new MINI member will be offered with five dr version as well as 3dr.

BMW F.amily A.ctivity S.ports T.ourer - BMW's hybrid of SAV solidity , MPV space and Touring bodystyle
    MINI Clubman - Current car revisited with more style and more flexibility , more of a Shooting Brake with dynamic raked roof and forward looking proportions.

And of course the next generation 1er due in 2017 will resort to being FWD.
    Then you can begin the RWD Compact family.

BMW 2er Coupe - Coupe version of the 1er hatch. Unique front and rear style , with more sleeker rounded roof but still compact proportions. Premieres IAA 2013.
    BMW 2er Cabrio - Cabrio version continues unique appearance of the Coupe , retains soft-top.
    BMW 2er Gran Coupe - 4dr addition of 2er Coupe with slightly lengthened wheelbase and roof line, aimed at BMW's RWD dominance against Audi A3 Sedan and Mercedes-Benz CLA.
    BMW 2er Gran Sports Tourer - Hyundai Veloster type A-symmetrical Tourer Coupe inspired by classic 2002 Touring variant, has many admirers in Munich.

BMW M2 Coupe - Successor to the BMW 1er M Coupe continues the same formula that made the last car be memorable, no huge competitor in the HP race , four cylinder will bring less weight , which matter most as does more enjoyment and overall feel is considered to be more of a priority than who has the biggest numbers.
    BMW M2 Gran Coupe - Baby Coupe inherits a four door brother - 340 HP , Four doors and RWD , Direct competitor to the Mercedes-Benz CLA 45AMG.

• Like Like x 4
  7. as7920

as7920 Active Member

That's how I'd like to see it Scott. M2 GC is top of my shopping list to replace the 1M.

Any more comment regarding their claims of N20 2.0l for M2?

Having read the article, seems they're talking more about the M235i rather than M2. They mention M-Performance a lot.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  8. Mladen

Mladen Member

Are there any scans of the 330d test, please?

9. Betty Swollocks

Forum member "soup" usually posts them up so maybe keep an eye on the 3 Series forum or PM him and ask if he plans to post the scans up.

10. Just_me

11. Mladen

Mladen Member

I thank you very much. Love that car!

12. Just_me

I can't stop looking at this picture. Looks bad ass.

ba3f14a3d210781ee18f1b88216fc279.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. klier

klier Member

^ The front still sucks. 1 series sedan/2 series sedan really needs a different front. Keeping the fugly 1er snout will be an epic fail.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Just_me

I hope the headlights stay. They are aggressive and unique looking together with M-package and makes the car stand out from other generic cars.

15. dr Dunkel

dr Dunkel Global Moderator Staff Member

Oh, the pig is shaping up!

Interesting battle between this, the RS3 Sedan and that A45 AMG (?).

16. klier

klier Member

I think they couldn't be further from agressive. The 3er headlights are agressive, the 1er looks, well, .....

17. Just_me

,well....awesome....

18. klier

klier Member

You seriously think they look agressive? They look dopey if anything. Too big, and their weird shape leaves a lot of dead space on the bumper. Such a shame for an otherwise near perfect car :(

19. Just_me

I dont like it for the base versions and without Xenon but added with M-package and Xeon transform the car into something way better. As I said from the beginning, the rear is the weak part with the car.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Cashmere

Cashmere Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the sedan will get different shaped headlights as it's been BMW's strategy ever since the E46 FL to differentiate the fascia of coupe/sedan siblings.