Rules & Guidelines
As with any site, a set of rules and guidelines apply to keep things running smoothly. Please read the following and help keep this a pleasant community for all members and guests.
Although some of the rules may seem a bit draconian and restricting, the intention is to make the site safe to be viewed from any environment or location.
Note that the list below is not exhaustive, so use common sense for anything which is not specifically detailed here.
- Please be courteous and respect other members; insults and rude or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated. Messages with the sole intention to inflame and cause discord, otherwise known as trolling, may be subject to moderation and/or removal.
- Spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum's e-mail, Private Messaging, and Post Ratings system to spam other members.
- Start new threads in the most relevant forum category.
- No Link dumping. Do not create posts with nothing but a link. For example, if you are going to link to a news article, add an image and/or provide a decent summary of it.
- When quoting comments, please only quote the relevant part and not the entire message, including any embedded content. Wherever possible, avoid quoting large posts in full or posts immediately preceding your own.
- When responding to multiple posts in a thread, do so in a single post, rather than posting two or more times in succession.
- Do not copy and paste large sections of text from other sources, claiming it as your own work, otherwise known as plagiarism.
- No commercial promotion is allowed without prior consent from the site administrators.
- Encouraging respectful behavior. People come from all over the world to share their experiences and knowledge and to raise awareness about issues that are important to them. This means that you may encounter opinions that are different from yours, which we believe can lead to important conversations about difficult topics. To help balance the needs, safety, and interests of a diverse community, however, we may remove certain kinds of sensitive content, move them to a different section, and/or limit the audience that sees it. With that said, if you have an issue with someone else on the site, you must discuss it and resolve it with them. The staff won't take any part, nor sides on member against member discussions.
- No Flaming. A "flame" is when you insult someone. Don’t use insults, swear or use any words that are deemed inappropriate, anywhere in the forum. If you flame someone, you are risking being banned. The staff can’t read EVERY single post on the forum; however, in the event that an inappropriate post is overlooked, there is a strong chance that some member will report it to the moderators. Any threads/posts of this type will be deleted.
- Following the previous rule, we reserve the right to remove offensive content without notice.
- While debating and discussing is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, name callings, deceitfulness or purposeless inflammatory posts.
- No nudity, partial nudity, animal cruelty, bodily mutilation or material that is sexually explicit, racist or harassing.
- You agree not to post messages with content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. You agree to give attribution to others when you quote or paraphrase materials owned by others.
- Do not "bump" threads and don't post duplicate threads.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- No political threads. Please do not use this site to promote or engage in political debates or promote propaganda. There are plenty of forums out there that are specifically designed to discuss political ideas, debates and theory.
- No religious threads. Like the political thread rule, there are plenty of forums around to discuss the latest religious ideals.
- Signatures are limited to a maximum of 2 lines, including blank lines. Images and video are not permitted. Premium Memberships are exempt from this rule.
- When posting images, please consider adding them as attachments or using a free hosting service such as Flickr or ImageShack, with the relevant credit given in each case. Linking directly to images hosted on other sites can be considered as bandwidth theft and is not good practice, as any linked images can be changed or removed from the host site at any time, resulting in broken links.
- Please do not discuss rule breaches or moderating decisions in public; either use the Report system or contact a moderator directly via Conversation.
- Respect the role and contribution of the admin and moderators of this forum. The moderators have been selected by virtue of their conduct, experience, knowledge and commitment to this forum. Forum moderation is undertaken as a collective and not by individual moderators and as such is sanctioned by the owners of this site. Do not question, attempt to discredit or harrass individual members of the moderation team.
- Creating more than one personal account is not allowed.
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
Any member breaking these rules may find their messages being edited or removed. Additionally they may be issued with warnings and have restrictions placed on their account. Persistent or extreme offenders may also be subject to bans, either temporary or permanent, although this would be a last resort and one which we would hope to avoid whenever possible.
If you suspect a comment of breaking the rules, do not respond publicly, just report it. To report a message for any reason, click on the "Report" link which can be found at the bottom of all forum, conversation, and profile messages, adjacent to the date stamp. All reports are investigated by the moderating team, who are the only ones with access to the information. There is no need to be concerned of repercussions from other forum members as they will be unaware that the message has been reported, or by whom.
Finally, the staff reserves the right to ban anyone who willfully violates our site rules and, in addition to all the above rules and guidelines, the staff has final say on what is appropriate content and what is not.