VW Passat 2015

Discussion in 'Passat/Passat CC' started by rs271, Nov 18, 2013.

1. rs271

rs271 Active Member

Full-bodied 2015 Volkswagen Passat prototypes spied for the first time

Could debut at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show
    The 2015 Volkswagen Passat has been spied wearing its production body for the first time.

Caught undergoing testing in southern Europe, the redesigned model has evolutionary styling which appears to incorporate a number of cues from the CC. The camouflage hides a lot of details but we can see the model will have curvaceous bodywork and a prominent grille that is flanked by large headlights. The car also has a sloping roofline, restyled mirrors and stylish taillights.

Little else is known about the model but it is slated to ride on the MQB platform which should enable it to be lighter than its predecessor. We can also expect an upscale interior with an improved infotainment system and a variety of assistance systems.

Nothing is official but the Passat could be unveiled at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show with sales starting shortly thereafter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Link: http://www.worldcarfans.com/113111866278/full-bodied-2015-volkswagen-passat-prototypes-spied-for
  2. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

Proportions look BAD to start with.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. klier

klier Member Premium Member

Yup, it's a Passat all over ^^
  4. LaArtist

LaArtist Well-Known Member

i like passats..hopefully it will be god looking

PS
    We give VW very little time here, i just realized that the FL passat CC is damn good looking..

Thos rear light graphics are great:)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sucu123

sucu123 Member

hmm, from my perspective the proportions don't look too bad for a front wheel drive car.

A passat certainly never will look exciting or emotional anyway.
  6. shonguiz

shonguiz Well-Known Member

They have always been.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

But that was never a reason not to buy a Passat. The Passat is proper german engineering with a nice enough fit and finish, at an affordable price and with more than ample interior space. It was not designed to be beautiful, but to be practical and quite value-for-money.

Yet, thinking about this again, I will agree with you. It can't be that hard to make something that is value for money, look a bit better. Unless "not standing out of the crowd" is one of the car's strong selling points.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

That is basically my demand. You sure can produce a car with the charactaristics you haven mentioned, but at least try to make it SLIGHTLY good looking.

And this applies to the whole VW line up. I only like the Golf GTI and the Golf R in terms of design, as even the base Golf VII looks so bahhh.
  9. klier

klier Member Premium Member

^ Polo is great looking. Far better than Golf.

In fact, Polo is the new Golf anyways.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Makini

Makini Active Member

This one bucks the trend.

Saw the new B8 at a dealer preview back in March and it was stunning! It rode on the current B7 platform but visually it really was very together. VW guys were rightly chuffed by their work. So much so that I was worried about the CC. The CC stood out because its cousin the sedan was incredibly sober. Now? Competition from within!
  11. rs271

rs271 Active Member

12. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member GCF Guru

13. rs271

rs271 Active Member

14. C4L

C4L Member

I think, based on that cover shot, for what it is, it looks very good. The current one doesn't look like much so it isn't hard to improve upon but...
  15. tristatez28lt1

tristatez28lt1 Well-Known Member

e7a47f38d4aa7ebbc27a2ccb371133a8.
    d2c987d9baaa6488f00cfd3e148ad494.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. rs271

rs271 Active Member

17. SBS7511Y

SBS7511Y Member

9fd9a2d220a167cdf6d576d067b5a8e5.

7b3bec6c8d712ce01b7647bc08679500.

aa9a37de1b6d30adb17968301e1efde9.

Those LED headlights look really good...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kowalski

Kowalski Well-Known Member

That looks great. The 911 in the back, of course.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. Deckhook

Deckhook Well-Known Member

If it ends up looking like the photoshop images I reckon VW are on to a winner and I see nothing wrong with its proportions. In fact if you see bad proportions look at a 407, now that is nose heavy looking.
  20. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

Call me crazy, but these latest spy pics have given me hope. I think it looks much better than the current one which is not a diffciult task, to be honest.