1. Start enjoying GermanCarForum with less advertisements and faster overall performance. Simply Login! - Not registered yet? Register Here.

Official 997 GT3 Pictures and Info

Discussion in '911' started by Porsche Guy, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Porsche Guy

Porsche Guy Active Member

Someone got their hands on the official pamphlet. I like it.

LINK
  2. dOmInIX

dOmInIX Well-Known Member

WOW, looks great... :icondrool :icondrool

Perfect!! :eusa_clap
  3. bum-man

bum-man Well-Known Member

4. audi_rudy

audi_rudy Well-Known Member

wow couldnt have asked for a better car. the only problem is the new exhausts in the middle of the car :confused:
  5. Porsche Guy

Porsche Guy Active Member

that is awesome, just like the GT3 Cup Car.
  6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

I like this much better than the 997 turbo! I think this looks HOT and still has that 997 characteristic in its style. Like I said before the new turbo looks too 996. This though is super hot!! I would have a hard time believing that the next M3 CSL will be on par with this.
  7. siko

siko Well-Known Member

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

:icondrool :icondrool :icondrool :icondrool

... I'm with you Matt, I think I like it more than the Turbo (although I still love the Turbo)!
  8. Carbon

Carbon Member

We'll see. Remember, the new M3 will have 2 more cylinders and more displacement on its side this time (whereas it had the disadvantage in the engine department last time around). 415 horsepower is great from 3.6 liters, but the M3 will probably be 4.0+ and a V8. I'm not sure why they stuck with 3.6 liters instead of tuning up the 3.8 from the Carrera S. Let's not forget the next CSL will probably have R-compound tires again as well.
  9. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

I suppose it will depend on how light they can make the csl and how much power they push out of that 4.0 litre!
  10. LaArtist

LaArtist Banned

WOW amazing.. i love white porsches.. and this one is just perfect

PS
    Is this more powerfull and faster than the Turbo?
  11. siko

siko Well-Known Member

Turbo has 473 hp and better acceleration... but on the track this will be faster.
  12. LaArtist

LaArtist Banned

ohh allright..well then i choose the turbo cause its hotter imo.. more luxurius.. and i drive more on ordianary roads.. and guess its better for that :D
  13. Deutsch

Deutsch Well-Known Member

Both car are unbelieveable. I'd rather have the GT3 just the same.
  14. Kleemann_SL

Kleemann_SL Member

I always liked the Turbo, until this one. I hope it wil grow on me, cause it has a lack of styling IMO. GT3 is superb!! (y)
  15. Top Secret

Top Secret Well-Known Member

Hot damn! This car is phenomenal! The styling, the engine, the interior - the whole package represents everything that Porsche is all about; engineering at it's finest. This, my friends, is the best of the best. This is the pinnacle - this is Porsche.

I can't get over those engine figures - a whopping 115HP per litre. With a 8400rpm cut-out. And even with those high-revving capabilities, it still has a heck of a lot of torque, 405Nm available from a low-ish 5500rpm. That is just...incredible.

*deep breath*

The design is beautiful as well - arguably the best looking 911, perhaps ever? I had initially expected the GT3 to have the same look as the optional Sports pack available on the GT3, and having seen it in real life, it wasn't all too appealing on the eye. But while the GT3 has a similar look, the smaller details, like the black lip, the vents in the rear bumper and the central exhausts, differentiate it from the optional Sports pack, transporting it to a higher level of aggressiveness and pure beauty. It's fabulous. The interior is beautiful as well - again, similar to the 997 Carrera, but the gauges look good, and those Carrera GT seats give it that little extra 'something'.

Forgive me, I can't stop talking about this. But you can understand how good this car is going to be. I can't wait.
  16. siko

siko Well-Known Member

That makes sense... the GT3 is track-oriented, Turbo is more for your every day thrills.
  17. Deutsch

My sentiments on the 996TT until I drove it. :D
  18. Lemantech

Lemantech Active Member

wait it has goes 193 mph......and the Turbo goes 192 mph..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....maybe it slightly slower cuz of aerodynamics??? :confused:
  19. Deutsch

I wonder if this car will get the DSG box at some point?
  20. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Isnt that an Audi transmission, or does porsche call theres the same thing?