HOT! Official: 2014 AUDI RS6 Avant !!

Discussion in 'A6/S6/RS6/Allroad' started by Tumbo, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Tumbo

Tumbo Audi/MB/VW/Lambo fan

Hot hot hot!!

First pics!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first official pictures of the Audi RS6 Avant have surfaced to the public prior to an official announcement.
    Looking bold and aggressive, the wagon features a distinctive front fascia with LED headlights, matte aluminum accents and a honeycomb mesh grille with integrated "quattro" badging. Out back, there's a rear diffuser, a tailgate-mounted spoiler and a dual exhaust system with massive oval tips in typical RS style.
    The premium styling carries over to the interior as it boasts high quality materials and a pleasing design. Once ensconced in the heavily-bolstered sport seats, drivers will find themselves surrounded by premium leather upholstery, carbon fiber trim and piano black accents. There's also a premium audio system and attractive alloy pedals.
    Power will reportedly be provided by a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 engine that develops 560 HP (412 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque. Thanks to an eight-speed automatic transmission and quattro all-wheel drive, the RS6 could rocket from 0-100 km/h in 3.9 seconds and hit a top speed of 304 km/h (189 mph).
    The RS6 Avant will likely be unveiled at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show, but the timing of the leak suggests a Detroit debut is also a possibility.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MarcinM

MarcinM Member

Will the power go up to 600 PS, will it have a DSG gearbox?
  3. Tumbo

4. Tumbo

Excuse me Audi RS4... But you no longer have the most agressive face in the Audi lineup.

HOLY GOD DAMN!!

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

WOW....I hope there will be a sedan version.

M
  6. MarcinM

MarcinM Member

When will Audi release official specs?
  7. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

8. Tumbo

It will probably be anyway now that the pics have leaked. The pics all over all blogs and carpages now.
  9. MarcinM

MarcinM Member

I still expect the power to go up to 600 ps and 800 nm of torque (200% of S3), let's wait for what the manufacturer will say.
  10. Tumbo

560hp is more then enough for this car. If it takes it 0-100 in 3.9 seconds... And imagine what the heavier S8 does with only 520hp... ;)
  11. Just_me

Facelifted E63 AMG is getting 575hp and AWD. Suddenly RS6 isnt leading the horsepower war ..thats why I want RS6+ ASAP.
  12. Tumbo

It's 2013 now. You don't have to have 1000hp to have good performance. The new S8 is the proof of that. I strongly believe that the RS6 with its 560hp will do 0-100 in around 3.7 seconds and hit a quarter mile in low 11. 0-200 time will probably also be around 11-12 seconds.
  13. Tumbo

I have to say I looove that little extra "quattro" grille! :love:
  14. Just_me

Yes but last RS6 was first with 580hp, thats why I wanted them to be first with 600 hp.
  15. DocM

DocM Active Member

mother of Audi's !!! well played Ingolstadt, well played! I really like the matte silver finish for the front slats, the devil is in the details and this things looks ready to eat AMG and M cars for breakfast lunch and dinner
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  16. IanDriver

IanDriver Banned

It's simply amazing.
    3.9 sec to 100 kmph and 3.5 sec to 100 kmph in real tests :)

Pity that there is no S-Tronic, but still Tip-tronic doing a job well.
  17. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

This came out of nowhere. Big shock.

Looks great apart from that ridiculous looking "quattro" written on the front.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Deckhook

Deckhook Well-Known Member

I love it's looks, I'm intrigued by its output but what I really want to hear about is its weight.
  19. DjordjeC63

DjordjeC63 Active Member

In reality, S8 has about 575hp, Motor Trend:
    ''We also noticed a couple of things when we tested the wildly excellent Audi S8 last month. One is that its 4.0-liter, twin-turbo V-8 made around 575 horsepower (we stuck it on a dyno) and not 520 hp, as Audi claims.''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I like this new RS6! But I'm afraid that it understeers like RS4 does...
  20. IanDriver

IanDriver Banned

Is said to be lighter by 100 kg than RS6 C6.

^ so RS6 will be 615 PS :D AND new RS4 drive very good. It's even little oversteer.