1. Please register to participate in our discussions with other members - it’s free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members.
    After you create your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our posts with fewer ads.

Next X3: Spyshots & CGIs

Discussion in 'X3 SAV' started by Bartek S., Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bartek S.

Bartek S. Well-Known Member Contributing Member

2. notic

notic Active Member

Re: Auto Zeitung: 2010 X3 Impression

cool. looks much better than the current version...but then again, anything looks better than the current model.:t-hands:
  3. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

It amazes me how down BMW's usual staunch defenders hate the current X3.

Anyway, this doesn't look too bad. There is clearly a baby X5 look to it, but the front nostrils are from the 4-door concept car. BMW will of course refine it so it doesn't look like a hodgepodge of BMW styling cues.

M
  4. Yperion

Yperion Well-Known Member

I 'm sure it won't look like that cause it's horrible.:eusa_doh:
  5. PanterroR

PanterroR Well-Known Member

Change your glasses, mate! ;) This looks billion times better than the current cr@p!

:t-cheers:
  6. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

Very amusing (yet also very annoying) how ALL automotive press is showing CGIs of future BMW models as CS Concept derivates. :t-crazy2:

No, there will not be copy/pasting of CS design elements to other models.

Yes, future models will feature SOME elements SIMILAR to the ones featured on CS. But the other models WON'T look like shrunk CS Concept.

Also: another design study is in development - and future models will feature CS + "new study" + completely new design elements.

Nothing to worry about. :t-cheers:
  7. Ralfd

Ralfd Well-Known Member

This is not a Huckfeldt CGI...which probably means we can safely forget about it...They took an X5 and put a CS front on it plus CS rearlights and called it the new X3.

On the other hand I have to admit that this is along the lines I was expecting (and hoping) the X6 to be...but thats another story :eusa_thin
  8. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

For about the 1,000,000,000,000th time I've asked this, can someone please tell me if Huckfeldt is a one person, a spy outfit or just a name someone works under?

M
  9. LaArtist

LaArtist Banned

okay that looks a million times better..
    but on the other hand.. its just a poor PS with to much CS influence..
    so its really not that great
  10. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Go back to the earlier interpretations of the X6 and you will see the dynamic looking swept back roof which will feature on the next X3 - The next X3 is all about dynamsim and will be the more performance orientated SAV in it's class.
    X3 becomes the mid range SAV with a X1 slotting below , The X3 has become, no matter what anyone says one of BMW's success stories - only intended to sell a maximum number of units BMW has tripled it's original forecast of X3 sales. The X3 has especially found it's market with it's projected demographic - Young buyers influenced by normal and extreme sports activities , weekend getaways etc.

The question of more seating options has never been a question asked of the X3 it is found to be adequate for it's purpose. X3 was BMW's way of testing the market in relation to mid-level SAV. Next time around the nervous beginnings and sleepness nights will not be so evident on the next generation model.

First time around there was nobody now Audi and Mercedes-Benz are incoming with the Q5 and GLK respectively . Then you have the VW Tiguan , Ford Kuga etc...
  11. klier

klier Member

Me too. The X3 isn't that bad looking, after the facelift.
    Sure, it could have been better, but as Scott said, the car was meant to test the market....and had great succes with it.

2e52d11b127f172fc100a67c0770bf68.
    9ba45cb5782e100f46707cfc034ee853.
    79f9042718077455b79c7b95b239f3fa.

This car is even based off the E46 range, and like with the Z4, doesn't have any modern technologies like iDrive

The X3 3.0sd has the I6 3.0 TT though....
  12. Amo

Amo Well-Known Member

Yup, I dont think it looked that bad after the facelift. Slapping a bit more paint onto the bumpers made all the difference!
  13. rsxlmz

rsxlmz Member

certainly beautiful than current x3
    the current x3's front design not good.
  14. Sayyaaf

Sayyaaf is Just a member Premium Member

15. klier

klier Member

Just.....no :eusa_naug

It doesn't remotely resemble a BMW after the A pillar :eusa_thin

And those weird, current X3-like lights? No,no, no.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Sayyaaf

Sayyaaf is Just a member Premium Member

True. It look like a ford escape or whatever. Plus I don't see the next generation kidney grill.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

18. PanterroR

PanterroR Well-Known Member

I really hope he's dead wrong!!! :pukeface:

:t-cheers:
  19. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

20. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

Ehhhh ....