1. Start enjoying GermanCarForum with less advertisements and faster overall performance. Simply Login! - Not registered yet? Register Here.

New M-class vs X5, RX, Q7, FX

Discussion in 'Internal Combustion' started by HighestOfHigh, Jun 7, 2011.

?

Your Midsize SUV of choice???

1. M-class

55.9%
  2. X5

37.3%
  3. RX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Q7

5.1%
  5. FX

1.7%
  1. HighestOfHigh

HighestOfHigh Global Moderator Staff Member Contributing Member

2. donkeykong

donkeykong Well-Known Member

HOH if your going to show the ML with it's AMG pack at least post the Q7 with the S-Line trim.

7896a9ce55ac6c4a9d55c682114ae0bf.

Now that,that's settled... I probably choose the ML.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Shining Star

Shining Star Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Hey HoH..that's a pre FL X5. Might want to change it.
    :t-cheers:

1. ML: I love the new generation, especially the shape and the front with the AMG pack. The interior really seems first rate.
    2. X5: Getting old, but it still has an awesome presence on the road. Only really falls short on the ML based on the interior.
    3. Q7: I do like the front; but I absolutely hate the overall shape; screams bus. Interior, while nice, is getting dated.
    4. FX: I actually really loved this car when it first was unveiled, but since then its gotten ugly to my eyes.
    5. RX: No explanation needed.
  4. wookieecrisp

wookieecrisp Active Member

Completely agree with Shining Star. The new X5 facelift looks great from a few angles, but on the subject of the interior there is basically no competition for MBZ.
    We should, however, wait until we can drive the ML before commenting on its performance, but the X5 is a full second quicker to 60.
  5. martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Against the other cars listed in this poll? Eezy peezy. ML.

If it were up against this:

8961d5030f52c78c23c1d9b649cac017.

... then the choice would be much, much more difficult.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Shining Star

Shining Star Well-Known Member Contributing Member

7. HighestOfHigh

Oh My God! I completely forgot about that and the MDX. Feel free to add them to the poll then. I was in a rush and totally forgot about those two.
  8. EMpower

EMpower Well-Known Member

I find interesting that OP used X5 pics from 2006 for comparison, rather than LCI X5 pics. We are comparing a 3rd gen M-class with a 5-year old X5 design. Will see in 2013, how M-class will look when compared with 2014 model X5. Having said that new M-class is significant improvement over outgoing M-class.

In US X5 and MDX have significant share of this market segment.
  9. deity

deity Active Member

That is the LCI X5, no ?
  10. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

As good looking and handsome the new ML is, I voted X5. The X5 is getting a bit old now but stood the test of time.

Like the E53 the E70 is as desirable as ever and the next X5 will lead the pack again. That said (again) M-B did good with the new ML.

In the end IMO neither the ML, Cayenne nor Q7 has aged well in their previous generations and will not in their new/current generations apposed to the X5 that has aged well.;)

The X5 is the SUV (in this segment) icon. The king is the Range Rover
  11. K-A

K-A Banned

Holy WOW *%&$*%&$ the Infinite and Lexus look HIDEOUS. Japanese cars just rarely ever strike that "good nerve" with me, stylistically.

ML hands down, no contest. It's the only SUV I can imagine myself even buying right now. The others you'd have to almost force me into, or give me for free (or extremely cheap. :D)
  12. LaArtist

LaArtist Banned

ML..for sure..the X5 is a facelift of the first generation..the damn thing looked old when it came..
    Q7 is a bus
    The 2 other i will not even comment on..
  13. MoSs

MoSs Well-Known Member

the new ml is beautiful! inside and out... love the rear! and the interior
    the q7 comes in second, still missing something.
    the X5 in third, only in 5.0 with the huge wheels
  14. dr Dunkel

dr Dunkel Global Moderator Staff Member

To further add to the difficulties, the Range Rover should be added:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.rangerovermodels.com/images/range-rover-sport-1.jpg

For me, it's between the ML, Cayenne and Range Rover.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. K-A

K-A Banned

:rofl:
  16. NarutoRamen

NarutoRamen Well-Known Member

Incomplete poll is incomplete. LOL
  17. fortuner

fortuner Well-Known Member

My Views
    1.ML
    2.Cayenne
    3.Q7 or X5
  18. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Nice to see you considered the X5 in M-Sport against the AMG Packet ML. I think that comparison just shows you that despite being five years old this August.
    The new X5 can actually stand up to it's much newer competition in the design stakes.
    Next generation, and you probably all know it is not going to get easy for the M-Klasse.
  19. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member GCF Guru

Yup I would definitely pick RR sport over these - rugged yet sporty. Minus RR sport, a X5 35d, without the hideous M kit. As for new M class, it is good clean design, but looks too much like a minivan or R class with beefed up bumper from some angles -

[​IMG]

38956ec4560b248fdf775e0c24f97bad.

It is the anti-thesis of the RR kind of SUV.
  20. HighestOfHigh

Mods...Feel free to close this thread. A new one has been created.