MegaFactories: Audi R8

Discussion in 'Audi Videos' started by Cashmere, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Cashmere

Cashmere Well-Known Member

fantastic episode!

Audi R8 // True Craftsmanship on Vimeo
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Superb video! Strikingly informative. Would love to see more videos of this kind.
  3. Mockenrue

Mockenrue Well-Known Member

They're on the National Geographic channel (526 on Sky). So far there's been a Lamborghini one, a Porsche one, a Rolls-Royce one and of course this R8 one.
  4. DaSilva

DaSilva Well-Known Member

5. Padi

Padi Well-Known Member

That made me like the R8 even more though I know that the making of every car is quite similar (depends on the prices though). Still haven't became a fan of the placement of the badge, IMO it would have better in the grill then on the bonnet.
  6. BKK-ES

BKK-ES Active Member

Just watched this yesterday @ NGC. I just realized that the R8 is almost hand-made and it also takes 4 days to paint R8 just like Bentley Mulsanne. Amazing.
  7. Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Yeah, the elaborate painting took me by surprise. Especially the use of ostrich feathers to dust the car off.

Suddenly I have a craving for a blue R8 V10 with beige interior.
  8. Cashmere

Cashmere Well-Known Member

true! After looking at the whole process of putting the car together, it does nothing but create even more respect for the R8 (which is already on a raised pedestal for me).