is it worth it???

Discussion in '6 Series' started by tikipukapuko, Feb 24, 2011.

1. tikipukapuko

tikipukapuko Member

bmw announces pricing for the new 650i convertable in u.s

MSRP 90,500 throw in there a pacakage or two and highlight a few options plus tax..etc and you passed the 100k mark??
    IMO its not.
  2. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

It is expensive, I am not gonna lie, but prices have been moving upwards for a while now with cars.

I'd say it is right in line with MB prices.
  3. klier

klier Member Premium Member

90,000 is a freaking joke for 650i. If you think THAT is expensive, BMW is not for you. The exact same car costs 250,000 in my country, so stop talking about the car being expensive.

Also, thanks for wasting bandwith on this insightful thread, with a question that couldn't have been asked in some existing 6er thread!
  4. fortuner

fortuner Well-Known Member

killer mate i think a bit harsh man..
  5. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Klier, the cars' pricing (and taxes) policy in the US is quite different than in Europe, as is the currency and the average income. So, prices in the US and Europe are not comparable.

:t-cheers:
    • Like Like x 4
  6. tikipukapuko

tikipukapuko Member

if you think over 100k in the u.s and over 250k in your country ***not expensive*** then you must be a joke or joking or perhaps you forgot to post that it is your opinion.

you are talking about waisting bandwith??,,clearly you are lost your mind...you got thousands of posts here that are not only waist of bandwith but waist of your time as well.
  7. Kowalski

Kowalski Well-Known Member

BMW 650i convertible: U$$90.500
    Jaguar XK convertible: U$$89.000
    Mercedes-Benz SL550: U$$102.600

I'd say that the 650i represents good value money, specially compared to the SL550.
  8. Michael

Kowalski,

You think we'd throw in the SL into the bunch? I'd say the CL or maybe even the E coupe is more of a contender against the 6er.
  9. Kowalski

Kowalski Well-Known Member

I'd say that my comparison was fair, but since you mentioned the CL, let's throw in the U$$113.150 CL550.
  10. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

Worth it? isnt that up to the buyer to decide what to spend his money on.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. chonkoa

chonkoa Well-Known Member

It seems you enjoy paying a lot for something. I certainly don't enjoy paying a lot for something.
    I want to pay what I consider a fair value for something, and like the OP I think it is a bit over priced.
  12. klier

^^^ If you make out from my post that I like paying so much, then power to you buddy.

Yeah, and you don't know how to read. Which is quite sad.
    What I said is that 90k is not expensive compared to what other countries have to pay. In other words, stop whining and ask these simple questions in the official thread where you don't clutter things up.

90k U.S dollars for a F12 650i, and still complaining! Incredible. 90k is a joke price. 90k U.S means 65k Euro. That's the price of a decent 1er.
  13. Michael

Hey guys, lets try to keep this civil amongst each other here. I understand that we may not all agree, but we shouldn't resort to insulting each other. Let us just express our opinions and be on our way. Thanks!

-Michael :t-cheers:
    • Like Like x 4
  14. klier

Yes, yes. tikipukapuko, in no way was I trying to attack you. I just think 90k U.S isn't overly expensive, and I also think you could have simply stated your opinion in the official 6er thread :)
    Sorry if i came over as hostile or anything. Guess I'm just angry cars are so expensive over here :t-banghea:t-banghea
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Michael

Klier,

I remember a long time ago you saying that cars over there were expensive. Now I realize how expensive. It must really suck that they are. Maybe you should move to the US :D and join us over here. :t-cheers:
  16. bombardier01

bombardier01 Well-Known Member

Agree with you buddy.(y)

In my country, that 90k can only get 523i (without taxes), so we have to pay almost 100k to take it on the road. The previous gen 650i convertible's price is more than 250k after taxes, so this new F13 must be more expensive with approximately 10% from last gen, so it could bring the price to maybe more than 275k! :eek:
    With the same amount of money, i can get 3 Brand New F13 650i Convertible in U.S! I can give 1 of them for you Klier if you want.:D

This question has some subjective answers i guess, depend on where you stay.
    For you is US, maybe the price is too expensive, but for me in Indonesia it is very-very cheap. Even for Klier in Netherland that seems to have the same price with Indonesia, i think it's a bit unfair for them coz BMW don't have to ship the cars to reach Netherland, but why do they have to pay almost the same amount of money like us in Indonesia that really far-far away from Germany to get these cars?
    So maybe we can understand why Klier is a bit angry about this.:)

Because this is an international forum, so you might be get some "international" reactions too. :D Maybe you should ask about this on a specific US forum so you can get really objective answers based on your situation.(y)
  17. chonkoa

chonkoa Well-Known Member

You know you can always move over here.
    But we have to teach you how to complain about everything.
  18. ateekt

ateekt Well-Known Member

So, what the M6's price-tag is gonna be? :eek:
  19. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

Why do you guys compare what is paid in other countries? It is really silly and pointless. Pricing is relative to the market in question. 90K for U.S. buyers in the U.S. is expensive for what is supposed to be BMW's mid-level coupe/cabrio. If you think ninety-thousand U.S. dollars is cheap then you clearly don't have a clue about THIS market or what U.S. currency is.

That said I guess they're pricing it as SL competitor on the low side. Really not comparable IMO, one a 4-seater, the other a 2 seater. Still though when buyers shop they are competitors.

The 650i is above the E-Class Coupe/Cabrio in simple specification. We all know what chassis the "E" Coupe/Cabrio is working with. They won't compare and Mercedes knows it because the E Coupe/Cabrios are priced below the sedans. That isn't typical Mercedes practice.

Lastly, BMW is making room for a 6-cylinder 640i Coupe/Cabrio this time around in the U.S., bet on that.

M
  20. bombardier01

bombardier01 Well-Known Member

In Indonesia it's more than 350k!;) Nice isn't it?:D Maybe in US you can get Ferrari 458 Italia & 650i Convertible together..