BMW @ Geneva

Discussion in 'The BMW Lounge' started by Human, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

[h=1]Geneva: BMW 320d, 320 xDrive, 328i, M550d xDrive, M6 Coupe, 6-Series Gran Coupe, X6 M and X6 M50d[/h]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After the new generation of the BMW 3-Series has made its world debut back in October 2011, the company has brought the 320d, 320 xDrive and 328i to the 2012 Geneva Motor Show. According to the car manufacturer, the 320d is the most fuel efficient version of the new 3-Series, burning an average of just 4.1 liters every 100 km in an average cycle and emitting 109 g/km of CO2, all of these from its 163 HP engine.
    The BMW M550d xDrive is one of the most expected versions of the 5-Series and the model is powered, just like any other M diesels, by the 3.0 liter inline-six (N57D30) engine, with three turbochargers, developing a total output of 381 horsepower and 740 Nm (546 lb-ft) of torque. The M550d xDrive can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds before hitting the limited top speed of 250 km/h.
    The BMW M6 Coupe is already available at your local dealer and the powerful version of the 6-Series Coupe is powered by the company’s 4.4 liter V8 engine which is generating 560 horsepower, mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and, in standard, the model can accelerate up to 250 km/h. The 0 to 100 km/h sprint is done in 4.2 seconds and the 0 to 200 km/h is achieved in 12.6 seconds. With the M Driver’s Package, the average fuel consumption is 9.9 liters/100 km (28.5 imp).
    Last but not least, two versions of the new BMW X6 have also made their debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the X6 M and the X6 M50d. BMW says that the X6 M is sharing the same engine as the 2013 X5 M, the 4.4 liter 32v twin-turbocharged V8, which is generating 555 HP and 500 lb-ft of torque, mated to a six-speed M Sport Automatic Transmission with ATC (Adaptive Transmission Control), allowing the model to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds. The X6 M50d is coming with the same engine as the M550d, the 3.0 liter inline-six, with three turbochargers, developing 381 HP and 740 Nm of torque, and allowing the crossover to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.3 seconds.

SOURCE: INAUTONEWS
    Geneva: BMW 320d, 320 xDrive, 328i, M550d xDrive, M6 Coupe, 6-Series Gran Coupe, X6 M and X6 M50d

• Like Like x 6
  2. Human

3. Human

2012 Geneva Motor Show: F30 BMW 3 Series xDrive

[​IMG]

SOURCE: 2012 Geneva Motor Show: F30 BMW 3 Series xDrive
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

Where is the M6 convertible??

M
  5. Human

2012 Geneva Motor Show: BMW M3 DTM racing car

When the automobile world assembles in Geneva (CH), it would not be complete without the sportiest BMW in the range. Ahead of the official opening of the 82nd Geneva Motor Show, the brand used the media day to present the BMW M3 DTM, with which BMW will make its comeback in the DTM this season.

Before the thoroughbred racing car took centre stage, however, a great honour was first bestowed upon BMW DTM driver Bruno Spengler (CA): in the presence of Dr. Klaus Draeger, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for development, and Dr. Friedrich Nitschke, President of BMW M GmbH, the 28-year-old took to the stage in the BMW Concept M135i. Following this world debut, BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt provided those present with the latest information on preparations for the DTM season.

“The countdown to BMW’s first race in the DTM has been on since 1992,” said Marquardt. “1st March was a milestone for all the manufacturers involved. The intensive development stage drew to a close with the homologation of the BMW M3 DTM by the Deutscher Motor Sport Bund (German Motor Sport Federation). Large parts of the design can no longer be changed. After all the hard work put in by BMW Motorsport and our teams over the past weeks and months, I am confident that the BMW M3 DTM will provide us with an excellent basis for our comeback season in the DTM. We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but we will go about it in our usual highly-motivated manner.”

Spengler and his fellow drivers have completed thousands of kilometres of testing in the BMW M3 DTM over the past weeks and months. Despite this, the Canadian was still impressed by just a short drive in the BMW Concept M135i. “This car is a real top athlete,” he said. ”You immediately feel the overwhelming desire of the in-line, six-cylinder engine to drive the car forwards. At the same time, this BMW 1 Series is absolutely ideal for everyday use, making it the perfect link between road and racetrack.”

[​IMG]

The engineers at BMW Motorsport and BMW M GmbH also worked closely together when developing the BMW M3 DTM, as Marquardt confirmed: “Both sides benefit from this interaction: the engineers in production development experience at close hand the special racing feeling you get with every BMW M automobile. At the same time, we are able to take advantage of the resources and experience of BMW M. The results of this cooperation speak for themselves. We will be doing everything in our power to ensure making positive headlines with the letter M in the 2012 DTM, and that we present BMW M GmbH with a gift or two to mark the 40th anniversary of its existence.”

[​IMG]

SOURCE: 2012 Geneva Motor Show: BMW M3 DTM racing car
    • Like Like x 2
  6. speed_kills

speed_kills Active Member

So is BMW now putting the XDrive badge in one side of the rear. Why just not call it 320dX. Senseless naming.
  7. south

south Well-Known Member

The M Sport F30 makes me drool every time.

Set to debut at another car show soon. ;)

Best regards,
    south
    • Like Like x 2
  8. DocM

DocM Active Member

kinda dissapointed, while I admire most bmw vehicles, we already knew all the cars displayed at the show. I was hoping to see a new concept car
    anyone else feel this way?
  9. klier

klier Member Premium Member

Actually no. The line up is really amazing. Asking for more is not really fair this time imo...

Some concept that will never see the light of day is lame compared to all the sick production cars that premiere...
    Maybe Paris will give us a surprise, or some Asian show like Shanghai or Tokyo, but I don't kwow when they're held exactly..

It blows my mind every time I see it. BMW perfection at the moment, and maybe even prettier than the M6, though that is of course a bold statement..
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

It will be displayed @ NY Auto Show 2012

It is enough. I am driving to Geneva too see all the cars in detail. To see to new 3 Series in flesh is already quite exciting for me so as the new M6 and GranCoupé. In the next months the 1 Series F21, 3 Series F31 and M6 F12 will be presented. We have Concept vehicles coming to China and Paris. So there is yet plenty.

No, prettier than the M6 it is not. Though very close. With the 4 Series it may very well happen.
  11. klier

klier Member Premium Member

It will happen imo, because the 3er in basic non M version (but with M pack clearly, and with big rims) already rivals the M6 in looks...and that is no small feat!

I would say so yes...M135i, M550d, X6 facelift, X5/6 M50d, 6er GranCoupe and M6 coupe...that's a whole bunch of real, buy-able cars.
  12. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks Well-Known Member

Beijing is next month and there will be a concept there. My bet is it will be the 3er GT.
  13. EMpower

EMpower Well-Known Member

Along with LCI 2013 X5 M.

BTW, Have not seen any Geneva show pics of facelift X6. ??
  14. EMpower

BMW at Geneva
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 6
  15. EMpower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DTM car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Human

This photo here in white, from this angle you have to look twice to realize it's the GC and not just the coupe. Lines flow excellent.
    Beautiful in white btw!

:t-cheers:
  17. Human

You got me thinking Betty, actually it can only be the 3er GT. What better platform to launch a car so perfect for the Eastern region.

:t-cheers:
  18. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Contributing Member

The BMW lineup is really good looking now. Only wart is that 1-Series. The 6 Gran Coupe might look best without the M-pack. Interesting.

M
  19. Beemer B773ER

Beemer B773ER Well-Known Member

Agreed! More time than not I have to take a second look to realize I'm looking at a photo of the 6er GC. It's very interesting how such a stretch from the Coupe doesn't change the overall profile of the car much. It's as if the original version was the GC, and then they chopped-off 2-doors to make the large Coupe.
  20. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

That is my exact thought and I really think it is true, because when looking at the 6 F13 and 6 F08 I think the GranCoupé has better porportions, the on the Coupé it looks like something is missing. 2 doors?

In fact they first unveiled the 4 door and then the 2 door.