1. Start enjoying GermanCarForum with less advertisements and faster overall performance. Simply Login! - Not registered yet? Register Here.

SPIED! BMW F34 3er GT: Spy Pics - Renders - Info

Discussion in '3 Series' started by south, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

God... What an enormous amount of crap. At least the 5er GT, when you forget the ugly shape, has some very nice design details, as the front end and the rear lights. But this doesn´t look any good.
  2. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

Lol at those pics. Specially the one of the rear door panel.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. EnI

Please elaborate.
  5. SKY

SKY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Do you think the black, shiny plastic part that is in the area of the seat belt can be found in a luxury car? Then there´s the lower part of the door, which screams cheap too, and in the design area, the tiny peace of trim across the door is laughable. If you don´t want to spend in money in trim insertions, just in in other nice feature. The tiny size of some trim insertions just gives me the impression of cheapness. Same goes for the F30 3er rear door panel (a few other members said it as well when the car was introduced).

The other day I was in the rear part of a Golf VI and it gave me a much much better impression than this 3er GT.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. PHYBENZ

PHYBENZ Well-Known Member

I am assuming those shiny plastic pieces are in their production material, or at least I would hope not.
  7. rurella

rurella Well-Known Member Premium Member

This interior is not even close to being finished, come on guys.

On another note, the 3er GT looks much better than the 5er GT to these eyes.
  8. Hofmeister

Hofmeister Active Member

I think BMW should just give up on this "GT" crack, I think a sub-1000KG Z2 roadster/coupe would be far more appreciated:)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

By whom? But will it sell? No, because most would prefer to buy a GT instead of a Z.
  10. Hofmeister

Hofmeister Active Member

The GT and proposed Z2 are completely different target markets, the Z2 would be appreciated by enthusiasts and BMW loyalists and diehards
  11. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

There are unfortunately not enough enthusiasts to justify Z2 production. The Z2 was announced 6 years ago, the FT86 4 years ago. Today you can buy the GT86, the Z2 is not even in the pipeline.
  12. deity

deity Active Member

Let me tell you what you don't want. You don't want a BMW who is so interested in making these "z2's" and "sub-1000kg roadsters" for the enthusiasts (many of which don't actually buy these cars btw; only for them to look at the pictures with glazed eyes) and forgetting who their ACTUAL market is. Then quality goes down, sales goes down, reputation goes down, brand image goes down, and the next thing you know, VAG owns BMW. I'm sorry, but this is just the reality for EVERY business in the world right now.

That's what you don't want.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

Yes, and that is why there is more chance of seeing an M1 successor that very few will be able to afford than a Z1 successor that more will be able to afford but won't buy, because the "M1" will make more profit than the "Z2" and make more potential buyers desire a BMW. In case of TOYOTA, there are too extremities, the GT86 which is too low-cost and underpowered and the LFA that is too expensive and underperforming for its price tag.
  14. EnI

Guys, that's a 3er GT thread ... your're going off topic again. Debate about (im/)proper BMW product strategy is located in some other thread, I believe.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. deity

deity Active Member

We're talking about the relevancy of the 3GT and at this point this is the only thread we have to talk about in...but okay
  16. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

Mmmm...good points and worrying indeed. To obvious also IMO. I am actually lost for words and expect a miracle and dream that this is just pre-production phase...:(
  17. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

Of course its pre-production. These are the first FEP prototypes and as we get down to the countdown not only as the prototype stages decrease but also the Concept car due (start counting days) will reveal how the finished 3er Gran Turismo will look. The production car will be launched before the end of the year with the public premiere scheduled alongside the
    BMW M3 Concept at Geneva 2013. Sales begin shortly after.

Keen Cape Townians or Swakopmunders in South Africa could spot the cars (Three lines remember) this month as it undergoes its film and photography shoot.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. south

south Well-Known Member

Sorry for getting OT but there will be no M3 Concept at Geneva 2013. Just saying. :)

Best regards,
    south
  19. EnI

The FEP prototypes - especially the early FEP phase cars - are still using some improvised parts. Just check all the exposed bolts on the door panel just below the window! Sure it's not the final production product.

We have to wait till pre-production cars (the ones with badges covered only) to see the real deal. And, of course, for the production car to see&touch the final product.

Regarding the "cheap shiny plastic" around rear seat belt housing: the final product will be from the same material as the housing in the F11 5er Touring, F31 3er Touring, F25 X3, E84 X1 LCI, E71 X6 which feature similar housing layout & design.
  20. south

south Well-Known Member

I think those bolts have been added for the interior camo. The camo cloth is just missing in the photos.

Best regards,
    south