SPIED! BMW F34 3er GT: Spy Pics - Renders - Info

Discussion in '3 Series' started by south, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-A

K-A Banned

I drove the F10 Sport before and of course liked the drive, totally uniformed to my liking. I think my most prominent response to it was that "It and the E-Class feel very alike now, unlike in the W211 and E60 years where they couldn't be more different.... now the 5er carries a slight handling advantage, and the E a alight comfort advantage, but to most drivers, they can be practically interchangeable with different characteristics".

Going to the UK first (first time!) and Paris again to see my Cousin next. Going with my Bro who's a first time EU'er. :D

I was supposed to go to BMW yesterday, but the guy who let me romp on an F30 and said I could take extended drives in whatever I want apparently got fired that same day. If I have time I will, if not I'll have something to look forward to when I get back. This time I want an M-Pack version though, and I even told them I want to drive one in white, with the cream/black interior combo.... i.e the same color combo of my car.... i.e the exact combo of an F10 that I'd want if I were to ever want one. This is a good time for me to test one out as I've been driving a lot of cars lately and have a good "review book" in my head right now in terms of how everything feels compared to the other, etc.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Beemer B773ER

Beemer B773ER Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure, but I think the M-Pack for the F10 is purely cosmetic...but I guess psychologically it'll make a difference. :)

But if you do end up getting a 5er with M-Pack, pay extra and get these wheels!

65f609cc08d5f306a9ee4176690e62dc._.

c3a3144c1a626dc002ec8bf65beb8820._.

Those wheels could even make the 5 GT look HOT!
  3. K-A

K-A Banned

Arghh, remember I'm a Benz guy, i.e it's all about 5-spokes to me. I'm just not into those wheels. THIS is where I and BMW enthusiasts separate a bit. :D

I think the 2011 M-Packs came with ARS and whatever other 3 digit acronyms they have that I have no idea what they do to actually give it some performance-suspension enhancements with the "M" badge. However, in an obvious way to try and direct some "market share" from the E, they dropped the price of the 2012 M-Pack on the 5er and eliminated the suspension enhancements, as the W212 has the Sport Package as a no cost Option (therefore it's basically the standard norm in the U.S), which obviously ads to the E's appeal in a short term sales way (long term it will and is diminishing the cool-factor presence of the AMG Sports Package).
  4. Levi68

Levi68 Banned

20" and those are winter tires! By the way they are not M wheels.
  5. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

And that's a GREAT looking F10!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. tristatez28lt1

tristatez28lt1 Well-Known Member

Latest renders. Looks better than expected.

[​IMG]
  7. Beemer B773ER

Considering we're all expecting a 5er GT, the 3er GT will definitely look better by virtue of it being smaller. Should be interesting to see how they give the 3er GT extra headroom for rear passengers without having the massive rear-end of the 5 GT.

Thanks for posting that render by the way. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. klier

klier Member Premium Member

Yeah, it will be (much) smaller, considering it's based on the F30 (?) and not the F01 7er like the 5er GT. That will make it much prettier looking I suppose...
  9. Beemer B773ER

I think I remember reading it was going to be based on the extended wheelbase 3er that was created for the Chinese market.
  10. tristatez28lt1

3er GT:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vs. 3er Touring:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  11. tristatez28lt1

Renders from autoscoop.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain to me what is the point of a GT version of the 5er and the 3er?

I do not see what the difference is between the GT version and a touring regarding the purpose of the car.

I am trying to rationalize if I were in the market for a touring or a GT how I would choose and why.
  13. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

IMO it's a niche or a trend broadening the base of the model range. In the end it just ads to the numbers and profits:

And I am one of those who falls for this niche products, if the X6M did not come my way in terms of the deal I could not refuse, I would have been driving a 5GT now;)
  14. K-A

K-A Banned

I think BMW is just bored and shooting darts at the wall at this point. :D
  15. DblPen

DblPen Active Member

Well reviews say that being in a back seat of 5er GT is even better experience than in 7er, so maybe its a car that you are supposed to be driven in. But then again why highered ride? And that trunk? I saw one dude saying he bought GT because of its looks... So maybe its just a car for crazy people
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

So, it's official! I am CRAZY! o_O

So my wife was right, again....:unsure:

17. DblPen

DblPen Active Member

yes, sorry :(
  18. Beemer B773ER

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Aside from trying to stir the pot, I would love to see sales figures for the car. I must confess, I haven't take the time to research it (final exams right now), but I would love to see the comparison between the touring cars and the GTs and see what the sales figures are and whether there is cannibalization occurring.
  20. DblPen

DblPen Active Member

cant remember correctly, but GT sells about 10% what sedan sells
    • Like Like x 1