SPIED! BMW F34 3er GT: Spy Pics - Renders - Info

Discussion in '3 Series' started by south, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. south

south Well-Known Member

000-bmw-3-series-gt-spy-shots. 001-bmw-3-series-gt-spy-shots.

Best regards,
    south
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 26
  2. shonguiz

shonguiz Well-Known Member

so what is it supposed to be exactly ?
  3. LaArtist

LaArtist Well-Known Member

No!!!!!
    aaahhh i just want to tap all over my keyboard in frustration..but ile be banned..

What is this!!!!!!!????
  4. Shakal

Shakal Well-Known Member

I hoped 3 GT will look sportier to compete with A5 Sportback...
  5. Just_me

Just_me Well-Known Member

A smaller version of 5er GT ;)
  6. bum-man

bum-man Well-Known Member

Enjoy BMW guys. :D
    • Like Like x 6
  7. aleks_16

aleks_16 Active Member

Throw this shitty 3er GT to the Garbage and give me the 4er GranCoupe.........WTF is this.......??? Where is the Z2 it is way more importent then this shit:t-banghea

EDIT: Sorry guys but this car make me angry -.-
  8. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

You will get your wish but first will be the cars that were developed first and foremost.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. aleks_16

aleks_16 Active Member

But the Z2 will be fwd right and that isnĀ“t my wish exactly

and be sure my wish list is looooonnng :D
  10. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

What is this thing? A replacement for the wagon version? Why would someone or anyone design this?
  11. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

It's a baby GT. A 3er hatchback offering a space & experience of a 5er .
    Just like 5er GT: 5er hatchback offering 7er-like space & experience.

5er GT is a pricey product. 3er GT will be more affordable to broader customer base: also offering lower-end diesel engines. 5er GT proved to be a sucessful concept yet many want lower-end diesel engines to be featured in such a car. Since 5er GT is too big & too heavy for lower-end engines, BMW will now offer smaller GT: the 3er GT.

:t-cheers:

Mind the car is aimed at European markets mainly. Not an US market targeting product at all!

3er GranCoupe can also be introduced in the future ... following the bigger 6er GC. Strictly a 4-seater.
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Beemer B773ER

Beemer B773ER Well-Known Member

How soon after the F30 3er will the F34 be shown? Looks like this car's development is on par with the F30.

Similar to the 5GT/5er, will the 3er GT be shown prior to the 3er?
  13. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

I see. Is there a lot of interest for the 5er gt?
  14. LaArtist

LaArtist Well-Known Member

God.. they are making another one of those rolling butts..
  15. EnI

EnI Well-Known Member GCF Guru Contributing Member

In total: as planned. In some markets it's underperforming, in some overperforming. 5er GT sales totals a bit more than 10% of all 5er models sales (sedan + touring + GT).

Also in US, where 5er GT was introduced instead of 5er Touring, it sells much better than the Tourings did sell.

But especially in Europe customers want 520d GT, yet such model it does not exist (yet). I'm not sure will it be offered or not - perhaps for fleet sales only, while individual buyers will be offered 320d GT instead. :t-hands:
  16. Bartek S.

Bartek S. Well-Known Member Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Contributing Member

That's a rather sleek shape in comparison to the 5er GT. I see that BMW have opted for a body style leaning more towards the Panamera and A5 Sportsback, however I don't anticipate the 3er GT to have an attractive ass. What I see here is a chubby sedan a'la De Tomaso concept we saw last month.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  18. martinbo

martinbo Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Oh that's just beautiful - another car that BMW will sell to people who shouldn't be buying a BMW in the first place. And it's a fekkin fastback for that matter as well.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

The interior especially for a 3er is equally special. Again it has been designed to sepertate itself from the mainstream car so it has it's own unique dash and interior.

Haven taken a seat in a prototype interior I can say
    The sense of occasion with the 3er GT is on the same level as the 5er GT.
    Which means very luxurious and very specially appointed. If you take a seat in a 5er GT you get the sense you are sitting in a car that costs 20-30,000 euro more. The 3er GT aims to bring this level of comfort and ambience to it's class. Unlike the 5er GT the 3er GT will be offered in four cylinder petrol and diesel powerplants.

So with a 3er GT 20d with or without xDrive.
    You will get performance , efficiency , luxury , refinement and ambience and the cost will not be as high as between a 5er and a 5er GT so you will get a very individual proposition in the Premium Entry Class.

And some out there might find that very appealing.
    Perhaps with the 3er GT as the 5er GT has done be an instrument in bringing new customers to BMW. A great majority of 5er GT owners have never owned a BMW before.
  20. Beemer B773ER

Beemer B773ER Well-Known Member

bmw cs gt 2012.

Two CGI's for the 3er GT.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 6