1. Start enjoying GermanCarForum with less advertisements and faster overall performance. Simply Login! - Not registered yet? Register Here.

HOT! 2015 BMW 2 Series Spy Pics & Info

Discussion in '2 Series' started by aleks_16, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aleks_16

aleks_16 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. dr Dunkel

dr Dunkel Global Moderator Staff Member

Face from 1 is gone, baby gone :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

Indeed, proportions wise it looks good. They are leaving the E92 proportions behind, which is a good thing, as I always thought the E92 looks too fat and chubby. Now, this one looks promising, but the most important thing is the front lights. They need to be replaced!
    • Like Like x 4
  4. hoffmeister_fan

hoffmeister_fan Well-Known Member

*crosses fingers* "please let it be light with a proper face, please let it light with a proper face"
  5. Merc1

Merc1 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly, excellent post.

M
  6. klier

klier Member

OH HELL YEAH! Bye bye ugly headlight, welcome pretty headlight! This car (in coupe form) is going to rock my world :D

Merc, it's a great post indeed, but the only thing I find wrong with it, is that they were never targeting the E92 proportions with this car. E92 has nothing to do with it. To me it looks like they wanted to keep the proportions of the current 1er coupe/cabrio. The characteristic 'bathtub proportions'.
    But the E92 is leaving it's current proportions and shape too, so I agree :D
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  7. mini_cooper4

mini_cooper4 Well-Known Member

E92 fat ? Unlike others I don't think this is one of your best posts at all but it really doesn't matter :)

ON: The front is indeed better than the one of the F20 (really... was that hard?) but the car will be far from beautiful IMO :)
    Just coming back from Frankfurt where I participated in a KOTRA event and was looking at some new KIAs and Hyundais at the airport... now I compare them exterior and interior wise to the BMW competitor... the F20 and I'll admit the Koreans look more premium :) I really have no idea why I should pay the premium anymore :D
  8. Cashmere

Cashmere Well-Known Member

So is the 2 series going to replace the current 1 series convertible?
  9. mini_cooper4

Yes, also the coupe :)
  10. Beemer B773ER

Beemer B773ER Well-Known Member

I think Giannis meant the E82 .. ie: the previous generation 1er Coupe, not the E92 3er Coupe.

This new has nice proportions, and that's a nicely raked windshield. Definitely the front-end is the most intriguing aspect for the moment.
  11. Beemer B773ER

Beemer B773ER Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What's up with the B-pillar ??
  12. bmwownage

bmwownage Active Member

Can't tell much but proportions are OK... i'm a bit worried about this being less aggressive again than the outgoing model, like the hatch. Wheel arcs are reduced and the thing could potentially look fatter i think, and lines like the side swage are less prominent than the outgoing model but can't tell much... i wana see the coupe! and i hope the headlights will be substantially different to the hatch, and a L-shaped tail lights.
  13. Centurion

Centurion Well-Known Member Contributing Member

The 2 door sedan shape lives on, yay! Not all coupes need to resemble a bar of soap. The 1M is the most desirable BMW right now and I have full faith in what is beneath that wrapping.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. klier

klier Member

I really hope he didn't!

What's up with it? It's pillarless and the window is slightly opened :)

I know wheel arches are your thing (have been for many years) but it is simply impossible to draw any conclusions like that yet. The arcs are impossible to see with all this fake cladding...
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  15. Deckhook

Deckhook Well-Known Member

It's proportions look to be 2+2, is that correct.
  16. mini_cooper4

If so then that's a bit different :)
  17. Giannis

Giannis Global Moderator / Editor Staff Member

I did mean the E92. The E82 has some great "bathtub" dimensions. It reminds me of the 2002 somehow. I really like the E82!

The E92 is the one that never really excited me. Put it next to an E46 Coupe. The E46 looks kind of anorexic (if EnI allows me to use this trademarked word) next to the E92. And then come the proportions. I can't find any flaws in the E46Ci design, whereas there's something that annoys me in the E92. The E46 feels as if it was designed with a 0.2mm rapidograph, while the E92 feels as if it was sketched with this:

771992335f52d5dce71f56fe0489277b.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. SCOTT27

SCOTT27 Well-Known Member Contributing Member

There is a lot of cladding underneath the camouflage so the car looks bulkier than it actually is.
    But yes different front end and rear styling will help distinguish the car from the regular 1er hatchback and provide the new sportier angle BMW will take with the 2er model as well as some engineering changes to make the car sportier and focused from the 1er hatch.

If you are wondering where is the Coupe? Please bear in mind that back in 2006 all that you seen at first was the Cabrio and then the Coupe followed in early 2007 winter testing a few months prior to its debut when the actual car was caught on a photoshoot in Nevada. Well , our first glimpse of the Coupe will be in the new Year once the manufacturers descend upon Northern Sweden for winter testing.
    In Europe a familiar range of engines will be offered all Turbo charged this time around , The 135i M-Sport model will be replaced by a more focused M235i. And for the first time BMW are considering a four door (much preferred RWD in the vote) of the Coupe that will continue the Gran Coupe series. (Many would prefer to see a RWD car up against the CLA 45 AMG and S3 Sedan.

And then by mid 2015 we will see the first M2. Same formula as before , entry model , entry price and around the same power output but lighter and using a four cylinder turbo, it is also planned as a regular model so less exclusivity this time around. M2 will also come as a Gran Coupe but there currently deciding around a Cabrio model , which they built for the E82 1M to evaluate but did not take it to full production.
    BMW-2er-Cabriolet-560x373-d38c3a9337e906b7.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Human

Human You. The Road. Nothing else. Premium Member

You know how we Forum members stay up late behind our Pc's, laptops, tablets etc. When we wait for new 911's, Golfs and S-class's to be officially unvailed? That's how I feel about the 2er to be showcased officialy! Little boy who can't wait to open his b-day gifts...Hope me brand deiivers, I do have high hopes for this little deal braker.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. manuelf

manuelf Member

Same holds true for me :)
    I think everyone who loves BMW for their core values is excitedly looking forward to the 2 series...
    Light, nimble, RWD - good design and an upcoming real E30 M3 successor - al least for me this is all I am projecting on to the 2 series ....
    • Like Like x 3